Your Cart Is Empty!
Biobanks collect human biospecimens and associated data for medical-scientific research, and organize samples and data in a systematic way for use by others. The importance of biobanks lies in determining the most effective way to store that information and make it available when required. Biobanks may collect different samples from diseased or healthy individuals in various settings. The integration of novel tools such as big data techniques, coupled with the increasing industry need for high-quality biospecimens for research, will lead to expanding biospecimen collections, ultimately resulting in the growth of this sector. Biobanks currently exist on every continent with most located in North America, followed by Europe. Australia has the highest number of biobanks in the Asia-Pacific region whilst India has the highest number of biobanks, when considering the developing economies only.
The development of a biobank depends upon peoples willingness to donate their samples for research and to agree to sample storage. The participation and support of the public is therefore of crucial importance as their attitude towards biobanking activities will determine the success of many of these organizations.
- What are the fundamentals of biobanking?
- How can biobanks be classified and what are their different applications in healthcare?
- What are the economic challenges faced by biobanks and how can these be overcome?
- What are the most recent technology advancements in biobanking?
- What role does biobanking play in drug discovery and clinical trials?
- How are biobanks distributed geographically?
- What are the prospects of Big Data and associated technologies within biobanking?
- What are the technological and legal challenges?
- What are the main healthcare opportunities that can be leveraged?
- What is the public attitude towards various biobanking activities?
- What are the challenges in obtaining informed consent from donors and what strategies can biobanks adopt to overcome these challenges?
- What are the current ethical and regulatory challenges in biobanking?
- What is the role and importance of the international charter of principles for data sharing between biobanks?
- What are the main intellectual property right opportunities and challenges within biobanking? How can biobanks overcome these challenges and mitigate potential risks?
- What is the need for process harmonization between biobanks?
Key Reasons to Purchase
This report will allow you to -
- Gain insights in the biobanking industry: This report describes fundamental concepts in biobanking, biobank classification as well as economic, technological and ethical challenges surrounding these organizations. Learn how biobanks can overcome these challenges through best practice guidelines and strategic recommendations.
- Understand the role of biobanks in research and development: This report demonstrates the relationship between biobanks and R&D groups.
- Gain analysis on the distribution of biobanks in key regions and countries: This includes detailed analysis on the number of biobanks within each of the key regions and countries.
- Review and assess recent advances in biobanking technologies: This includes technology innovations in specimen collection, storage, temperature maintenance, consumables, data handling, transportation of biospecimens, and the integration of big data technologies in biobanking activities.
- Understand public views on biobanking activities: Learn about the various public concerns on biobanking, their attitude towards research, and how consent issues can be addressed through novel frameworks and technology adoption.
- Assess ethics, regulations, and harmonization needs in biobanking: This in-depth report provides analysis on ethical, regulatory and harmonization requirements in the biobanking sector.
Following are different modes of Licenses.
a. Single User License:
This license allows only one person to use the report. This person can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people. Unless you purchase a Site License or a Global Site License, a Single User License must be purchased for every single person that wishes to use the report within the same enterprise.
b. Single Site License:
This license allows unlimited users to use the report within one company location, e.g. a regional office. These users can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people.
c. Global Site License:
A Global Site License (or Enterprise wide Site License or Global License) is a license granted to original purchaser, who can share a report with other employees and authorized Users of the same organization.
1. How do you deliver the reports?
The delivery of reports is depends on format & mode of license of report(s). Following are different kinds of formats of report(s) and their delivery options :
a. Electronic Format – Through email from Publisher
Report will be sent to your username email address in PDF, Excel, PowerPoint or any other electronic / softcopy format by publisher.
Delivery Time: 12 to 48 hours [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
b. Hard Copy or Printed Format or CD-Rom – Through Mail or Courier from Publisher
Report will be sent through mail / courier delivery to your shipping address by publisher.
Delivery Time: Less than, few weeks [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
2. How can I make payment for publications I purchase?
You could be able to make the payment, in following ways:
a. Online Secure Payment through Credit Card Payment : We accept Visa, Master, AMEX Cards & CCAvenue
b. Transfer of fund to our bank account via Bank transfer or Wire transfer
c. Payment via DD or Cheque
3. Is it safe to use my credit card on MarketinfoResearch?
Your personal information and online tranaction on Marketinfo Research is secure, private, and tamper-proof. All credit card payments are processed through secure and trusted payment gateways.