Your Cart Is Empty!
Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the books market in Italy
Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the books market in Italy
Leading company profiles reveal details of key books market players global operations and financial performance
Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Italy books market with five year forecasts
Macroeconomic indicators provide insight into general trends within the Italy economy
Reasons To Buy
What was the size of the Italy books market by value in 2015?
What will be the size of the Italy books market in 2020?
What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Italy books market?
How has the market performed over the last five years?
What are the main segments that make up Italys books market?
- The physical segment of the books market includes atlases, dictionaries, encyclopedias, text books, guidebooks, musical scores, maps, fiction and non-fiction. The digital segment of the books market consists of electronic books (or e-books) which can be read on computers or other electronic devices. The market is valued at retail selling price (RSP) with any currency conversions calculated using constant annual average 2015 exchange rates.
- The Italian books market had total revenues of $ 3,042.1m in 2015, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -4.7% between 2011 and 2015.
- The physical segment was the markets most lucrative in 2015, with total revenues of $2,791.2m, equivalent to 91.8% of the markets overall value.
- EU law prevents European countries from lowering the VAT on e-books; however, similar to France, Italy ruled that VAT on e-books should be cut from the standard 22% to 4% so it matches the rate imposed on printed books. This is an attempt to boost sales. However, on March 5 2015, the EU court gave a ruling in which it indicated that countries that have applied a super-reduced VAT rate cannot do this to the supply of electronic books. This ruling should prevent Italy from lowering its VAT rate to e-books.
Table of Contents
Market value forecast
Market value forecast
Five Forces Analysis
Threat of substitutes
Degree of rivalry
Arnoldo Mondadori Editore S.p.A.
Related MarketLine research
List of Tables
Table 1: Italy books market value: $ million, 2011-15
Table 2: Italy books market category segmentation: $ million, 2015
Table 3: Italy books market geography segmentation: $ million, 2015
Table 4: Italy books market value forecast: $ million, 2015-20
Table 5: Amazon.com, Inc.: key facts
Table 6: Amazon.com, Inc.: key financials ($)
Table 7: Amazon.com, Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 8: Arnoldo Mondadori Editore S.p.A.: key facts
Table 9: Arnoldo Mondadori Editore S.p.A.: key financials ($)
Table 10: Arnoldo Mondadori Editore S.p.A.: key financials (Euro)
Table 11: Arnoldo Mondadori Editore S.p.A.: key financial ratios
Table 12: Il Libraccio: key facts
Table 13: Italy size of population (million), 2011-15
Table 14: Italy gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2011-15
Table 15: Italy gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2011-15
Table 16: Italy inflation, 2011-15
Table 17: Italy consumer price index (absolute), 2011-15
Table 18: Italy exchange rate, 2011-15
List of Figures
Figure 1: Italy books market value: $ million, 2011-15
Figure 2: Italy books market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2015
Figure 3: Italy books market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2015
Figure 4: Italy books market value forecast: $ million, 2015-20
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the books market in Italy, 2015
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the books market in Italy, 2015
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the books market in Italy, 2015
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the books market in Italy, 2015
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the books market in Italy, 2015
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the books market in Italy, 2015
Figure 11: Amazon.com, Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: Amazon.com, Inc.: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: Arnoldo Mondadori Editore S.p.A.: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Arnoldo Mondadori Editore S.p.A.: assets & liabilities
Following are different modes of Licenses.
a. Single User License:
This license allows only one person to use the report. This person can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people. Unless you purchase a Site License or a Global Site License, a Single User License must be purchased for every single person that wishes to use the report within the same enterprise.
b. Single Site License:
This license allows unlimited users to use the report within one company location, e.g. a regional office. These users can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people.
c. Global Site License:
A Global Site License (or Enterprise wide Site License or Global License) is a license granted to original purchaser, who can share a report with other employees and authorized Users of the same organization.
1. How do you deliver the reports?
The delivery of reports is depends on format & mode of license of report(s). Following are different kinds of formats of report(s) and their delivery options :
a. Electronic Format – Through email from Publisher
Report will be sent to your username email address in PDF, Excel, PowerPoint or any other electronic / softcopy format by publisher.
Delivery Time: 12 to 48 hours [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
b. Hard Copy or Printed Format or CD-Rom – Through Mail or Courier from Publisher
Report will be sent through mail / courier delivery to your shipping address by publisher.
Delivery Time: Less than, few weeks [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
2. How can I make payment for publications I purchase?
You could be able to make the payment, in following ways:
a. Online Secure Payment through Credit Card Payment : We accept Visa, Master, AMEX Cards & CCAvenue
b. Transfer of fund to our bank account via Bank transfer or Wire transfer
c. Payment via DD or Cheque
3. Is it safe to use my credit card on MarketinfoResearch?
Your personal information and online tranaction on Marketinfo Research is secure, private, and tamper-proof. All credit card payments are processed through secure and trusted payment gateways.