Your Cart Is Empty!
A unique survey providing key insights and actionable intelligence. Access expert analysis and data analysis slides in MS PowerPoint and the full data tabulations in MS Excel.
Charting MSL Activity and Performance distils the key findings from one of the most comprehensive surveys of specialist Medical Science Liaison (MSL) personnel in the US and EU5 markets. Informed by the responses and experiences of 80 MSLs, this survey identifies critical variations in MSL activity and presents thought-provoking ideas for the improvement of MSL performance and assessment and how it might change in the future.
Medical Science Liaisons are now the most trusted face of pharma and provide a critically important communication channel with physicians in support of new brands. However, their role has diversified and companies are struggling to identify and measure key MSL outcomes that provide value. Against a background of increasing regulatory oversight, what are the main differences to be found in the US and Europe and what are the current and future approaches to performance measurement that are shaping and defining MSL activity?
Order today to gain insights on how to benchmark your MSL programme and apply engagement techniques used elsewhere.
Gain Answers to Critical Questions
- At what drug development stage is an MSL team established, how many brands do they handle and how does this differ between the US and Europe?
- How do MSL performance measurement criteria change pre to post launch?
- "Building new KOL relationships" is a critical post launch activity but what outcomes are sought and how is success measured?
- To what extent do US and European views differ on MSL activity in CME, KOL education and publication programmes?
- What performance criteria do MSL experts see as becoming increasingly important over the near term?
- Has the rise of new stakeholders changed the way MSL performance is measured?
- What metrics are companies using to demonstrate MSL value to internal stakeholders?
Your report purchase gives you access to unique data and analysis that can be employed practically in your plans and briefings as well as hone your internal performance measurement systems:
- Data Report: Clear, concise and easy to read tables and charts presented as MS PowerPoint slides with expert views on key findings
- Data Tabulations: All the data provided in MS Excel
- Survey Questionnaire: delivered as a PDF document
- Understand which MSL activities are seen as being most important in the US and Europe
- Benchmark your own MSL programme and identify new ways to improve performance
- Understand differing US/European attitudes in key areas such payer engagement, KOL education, publication programmes and congress attendance, and challenge accepted norms
- Examine the importance European MSLs place on training internal sales forces over their US colleagues
- Identify the most widely used measurements for evaluating KOL engagement and feedback
- Appreciate the current and future regulatory demands that are impacting MSL activity and prompting a rethink of priorities
- Understand the current balance between quantitative and qualitative metrics used to measure MSL performance, and assess signals that may indicate a change in the type of metrics used in the future
About the Survey
- Interview Methodology:
Data collected via a 10-minute internet-based questionnaire
- Screening Criteria:
Respondents were screened to ensure that they are MSLs or MSL managers / directors and their company has at least one company employed MSL
- Sample Distribution:
A total of eighty US/EU5-based MSLs and MSL managers who work for pharmaceutical companies ranked in the top 100 by revenue.
Features of the Survey - Not Available Elsewhere
- Knowledgeable and detailed insights of 80 senior MSLs in the US and Europe.
- Practical ideas for improving MSL programmes and increasing KOL engagement
- Valuable benchmarking indicators: assess your MSL programme against peers!
- Critical insights for corporate management needing to ensure effective physician communication, engagement and brand support
About FirstWord Reports
FirstWord is an innovative industry intelligence leader serving over 240,000 Pharma and MedTech professionals worldwide. FirstWord offers a range of products and services designed to help your company gain a competitive edge by making key business decisions with speed and confidence
- FirstWord Pharma PLUS is a personalised and comprehensive intelligence service delivering up-to-the-minute pharma news, insight, analysis and expert views of importance to your companys success.
- FirstWord Reports deliver timely, need-to-know intelligence about your products, your competitors and your markets. Covering biosimilars, market access, medical affairs, sales & marketing, technology and therapy areas, FirstWord Reports provide expert views and intelligence on the challenges facing pharma today.
Following are different modes of Licenses.
a. Single User License:
This license allows only one person to use the report. This person can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people. Unless you purchase a Site License or a Global Site License, a Single User License must be purchased for every single person that wishes to use the report within the same enterprise.
b. Single Site License:
This license allows unlimited users to use the report within one company location, e.g. a regional office. These users can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people.
c. Global Site License:
A Global Site License (or Enterprise wide Site License or Global License) is a license granted to original purchaser, who can share a report with other employees and authorized Users of the same organization.
1. How do you deliver the reports?
The delivery of reports is depends on format & mode of license of report(s). Following are different kinds of formats of report(s) and their delivery options :
a. Electronic Format – Through email from Publisher
Report will be sent to your username email address in PDF, Excel, PowerPoint or any other electronic / softcopy format by publisher.
Delivery Time: 12 to 48 hours [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
b. Hard Copy or Printed Format or CD-Rom – Through Mail or Courier from Publisher
Report will be sent through mail / courier delivery to your shipping address by publisher.
Delivery Time: Less than, few weeks [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
2. How can I make payment for publications I purchase?
You could be able to make the payment, in following ways:
a. Online Secure Payment through Credit Card Payment : We accept Visa, Master, AMEX Cards & CCAvenue
b. Transfer of fund to our bank account via Bank transfer or Wire transfer
c. Payment via DD or Cheque
3. Is it safe to use my credit card on MarketinfoResearch?
Your personal information and online tranaction on Marketinfo Research is secure, private, and tamper-proof. All credit card payments are processed through secure and trusted payment gateways.