Your Cart Is Empty!
- Chile is the second most developed economy in Latin America, measured in terms of PPP-adjusted GDP per capita ($22,630), just below Puerto Ricos ($23,615).
- With estimated revenue of $6.5bn, or 2.6% of GDP, the telecom and pay-TV services market in Chile was the sixth largest in Latin America. We expect telecom service revenue will expand at a CAGR of 2.3% between 2014 and 2019.
- We estimate that Chile closed 2014 with 27.0m active subscriptions and a penetration rate of 152.3%, well above the Latin American average (119.5%). We project that Chiles mobile subscription base will expand during the 2014-2019 period by a 3.1% CAGR pushing the penetration rate to 172.3% by year-end 2019.
- Pyramid Research projects mobile service revenue will grow at a CAGR of 1.6%, from $4.2bn in 2014 to $4.6bn in 2019, with mobile data being the key driver for overall mobile service revenue.
- We expect that narrowband penetration will continue declining over the forecast period, reaching 10.8% by year-end 2019. This decline will be mainly due to a decrease in the number of PSTN lines resulting from fixed-to-mobile substitution and the increase of broadband alternatives, such as cable and FTTH/B.
- Chile ended 2014 with an estimated 2.9m pay-TV accounts and a household penetration rate of 63.6%, below Argentina (80.9%) and Venezuela (72.2%) but above the Latin American average (45.7%). We project a 5.7% CAGR in subscriptions from 2014 to 2019, which will push pay-TV penetration to 80.0% by year-end 2019.
"Chile: Competition Increases in Mobile Data Segment as Government Pushes New Regulatory Reforms" provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Chile today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2019. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Chiles telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Researchs databases.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Chile in a regional context; a comparative review of market size and trends with that of other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Chile.
- The regulatory environment and trends; a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile; analysis as well as forecasts and historical figures of service revenue from fixed telephony (including VoIP), broadband, mobile voice and data, and pay-TV markets.
- The service evolution; a look at the change in the breakdown of overall revenue by fixed/pay-TV and mobile sectors and by voice, data and video in the current year as well as the end of the forecast period.
- The competitive landscape; an examination of key trends in competition and service providers performance, revenue market shares and expected moves over the next 18-24 months.
- An in-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony and broadband services, mobile voice and data services, and pay-TV services; a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by technology/platform as well as operator, average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities; this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Chiles telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
Reasons To Buy
- This Country Intelligence Report helps executives build proactive, profitable growth strategies by offering comprehensive, relevant analysis of Chiles telecommunications and pay-TV markets based on insights directly from the local market players.
- The report offers a wealth of data on the telecom and pay-TV markets, with the mobile and fixed segments examined in detail.
- The competitive landscape and the major players are given extra attention, enabling local players or prospective market entrants to gain the insight they need.
- The broad but detailed perspective will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players to succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Chile.
- The report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality that allows it to be turned into presentable material immediately.
- The report concludes with an exploration of the opportunities available in the Chilean market to operators, vendors and investors.
Table of Contents
Market and competitor overview
Economic, demographic and political context
Major market players
Overall market opportunities
Following are different modes of Licenses.
a. Single User License:
This license allows only one person to use the report. This person can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people. Unless you purchase a Site License or a Global Site License, a Single User License must be purchased for every single person that wishes to use the report within the same enterprise.
b. Single Site License:
This license allows unlimited users to use the report within one company location, e.g. a regional office. These users can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people.
c. Global Site License:
A Global Site License (or Enterprise wide Site License or Global License) is a license granted to original purchaser, who can share a report with other employees and authorized Users of the same organization.
1. How do you deliver the reports?
The delivery of reports is depends on format & mode of license of report(s). Following are different kinds of formats of report(s) and their delivery options :
a. Electronic Format – Through email from Publisher
Report will be sent to your username email address in PDF, Excel, PowerPoint or any other electronic / softcopy format by publisher.
Delivery Time: 12 to 48 hours [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
b. Hard Copy or Printed Format or CD-Rom – Through Mail or Courier from Publisher
Report will be sent through mail / courier delivery to your shipping address by publisher.
Delivery Time: Less than, few weeks [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
2. How can I make payment for publications I purchase?
You could be able to make the payment, in following ways:
a. Online Secure Payment through Credit Card Payment : We accept Visa, Master, AMEX Cards & CCAvenue
b. Transfer of fund to our bank account via Bank transfer or Wire transfer
c. Payment via DD or Cheque
3. Is it safe to use my credit card on MarketinfoResearch?
Your personal information and online tranaction on Marketinfo Research is secure, private, and tamper-proof. All credit card payments are processed through secure and trusted payment gateways.