Your Cart Is Empty!
- There are no cigarette produced in Belgium which means all cigarettes are imported from neighbouring countries, namely Luxembourg, Germany and the Netherlands.
- Low priced brands are becoming more popular in Belgium and Luxembourg because of high prices and rising taxes
- Smoking rates are declining in the UEBL area and as of 2014 only 15.9% of the total adult population are smokers, which is down 32% in 1990
- PMI is the dominate cigarette manufacturer in Belgium with 41.7% of the market
"Cigarettes in Belgium", is an analytical report by Canadean that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Belgian market.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise
- Detailed information such as market shares and the recent developments of manufacturers and leading brands, along with company profiles
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habits, and the growing health concerns affecting overall production
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2015 to 2025
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning
- As consumers product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the specific dynamics of the Belgian market is crucial to ensuring maximum future sales
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future
Table of Contents
2. Market Size 7
3. Market Structure 16
4. Manufacturers and Brands 18
5. Taxation and Retail Prices 25
5.2. Retail Prices
6. The Smoking Population 34
7. Production and Trade 41
8. Operating Constraints 58
8.1. Advertising Restrictions
8.2. Health Warnings
8.3. Other Restrictions
9. Company Profiles 63
10. Prospects and Forecasts 68
11. Appendix 70
11.1. What is this Report About?
11.2. Time Frame
11.3. Product Category Coverage
11.5. About Canadean
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2015
Table 2: Cigarette Consumption by Country, 1990-2015, Million Pieces
Table 3: Per Capita Consumption, UEBL, 1990-2015
Table 4: Retail Sales Value, 1990-2015
Table 5: Manufacturer Sales and Market Shares, Belgium/Luxembourg, 2000-2015, Million Pieces
Table 6: Manufacturer Sales and Market Shares, Belgium/Luxembourg, 2000-2015, Percentage Share (%)
Table 7: Manufacturer Shares, Belgium, 2000-2014, Percentage Shares (%)
Table 8: Manufacturer Shares, Luxembourg, 2002-2014, Percentage Shares (%)
Table 9: Belgium: Top 10 Leading Brands, 2005, 2014, 2015
Table 10: Luxembourg: Top Ten Leading Brands, 2005, 2014, 2015
Table 11: Structure of Taxation, Manufactured Cigarettes, Belgium, 2006-2016
Table 12: EU Countries, Retail Price and Tax Incidence Comparison, 2016
Table 14: Belgium: Trends in Retail Prices, 1990-2014
Table 15: Belgium: Retail Prices, April 2016
Table 17: Smoking Population, 1990-2014
Table 18: Smoking Population by Age, Daily and Occasional, 2005-2011, Percentage Shares (%)
Table 19: Smoking Population by Gender and Age, 1995-2002, Percentage Share (%)
Table 20: Incidence of Smoking by Age in Flanders, 1990-2000, Percentage Share (%)
Table 21: Belgium: Regional Variations in Smoking, 2000-2011, % Regular Smokers
Table 22: Belgium: Cigarette Smoking Prevalence by Level of Urbanization, 2011, % Population Group
Table 23: Smoking Population by Social Class, 2004 and 2008/2009, % of adults that smoke
Table 24: Cigarette Smoking Prevalence by Level of Education, 2001, % of population group
Table 25: Cigarette Imports, 1990-2012
Table 26: UEBL: Imports of Cigarettes by Country of Origin, 2000-2012, Million Pieces
Table 27: UEBL: Imports of Cigarettes by Country of Origin, 2000-2012, Percentage Share (%) Breakdown
Table 28: Belgium: Imports of Cigarettes by Country of Origin, 2003-2014, Million Pieces
Table 29: Belgium: Imports of Cigarettes by Country of Origin, 2003-2014, Percentage Share (%)
Table 30: Luxembourg: Imports of Cigarettes by Country of Origin, 2003-2014, Million Pieces
Table 31: Luxembourg: Imports of Cigarettes by Country of Origin, 2003-2014, Percentage Share (%)
Table 32: UEBL: Exports of Cigarettes, 1990-2012
Table 33: UEBL: Exports of Cigarettes by Country of Destination, 2000-2012, Million Pieces
Table 34: UEBL: Exports of Cigarettes by Country of Destination, 2000-2012, Percentage Share (%)
Table 35: Belgium: Exports of Cigarettes by Country of Destination, 2003-2014, Million Pieces
Table 36: Belgium: Exports of Cigarettes by Country of Destination, 2003-2014, Percentage Share (%)
Table 37: Luxembourg: Exports of Cigarettes by Country of Destination, 2003-2014, Million Pieces
Table 38: Luxembourg: Exports of Cigarettes by Country of Destination, 2003-2014, Percentage Share (%)
Table 39: Company profile: Philip Morris Belgium SA
Table 40: Company profile: British American Tobacco Belgium NV/SA
Table 41: Company profile: Imperial Tobacco Belgium
Table 42: Company profile: JT International Co Netherlands BV (Belgian Branch)
Table 43: Company profile: Heintz van Landewyck SARL/Torrekens Tobacco Belgium
Table 44: Consumption Forecasts to 2025
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology
British American Tobacco Belgium NV/SA
JT International Co Netherlands BV (Belgian Branch)
Imperial Tobacco Belgium
Heintz Van Landewyck
Torrekens Tobacco Belgium
RJ Reynolds Belgium
Following are different modes of Licenses.
a. Single User License:
This license allows only one person to use the report. This person can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people. Unless you purchase a Site License or a Global Site License, a Single User License must be purchased for every single person that wishes to use the report within the same enterprise.
b. Single Site License:
This license allows unlimited users to use the report within one company location, e.g. a regional office. These users can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people.
c. Global Site License:
A Global Site License (or Enterprise wide Site License or Global License) is a license granted to original purchaser, who can share a report with other employees and authorized Users of the same organization.
1. How do you deliver the reports?
The delivery of reports is depends on format & mode of license of report(s). Following are different kinds of formats of report(s) and their delivery options :
a. Electronic Format – Through email from Publisher
Report will be sent to your username email address in PDF, Excel, PowerPoint or any other electronic / softcopy format by publisher.
Delivery Time: 12 to 48 hours [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
b. Hard Copy or Printed Format or CD-Rom – Through Mail or Courier from Publisher
Report will be sent through mail / courier delivery to your shipping address by publisher.
Delivery Time: Less than, few weeks [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
2. How can I make payment for publications I purchase?
You could be able to make the payment, in following ways:
a. Online Secure Payment through Credit Card Payment : We accept Visa, Master, AMEX Cards & CCAvenue
b. Transfer of fund to our bank account via Bank transfer or Wire transfer
c. Payment via DD or Cheque
3. Is it safe to use my credit card on MarketinfoResearch?
Your personal information and online tranaction on Marketinfo Research is secure, private, and tamper-proof. All credit card payments are processed through secure and trusted payment gateways.