Your Cart Is Empty!
- Non-duty paid cigarettes account for 20.6% of the market with most coming from First Nations Indian Reservations or the US
- Imperial Tobacco Canada (ITC) is the dominate company in the market with 51.2% of legal volume sales in 2012
- Though smoking rates have decline in recent decades it still stands at 16.1% of all adults and is expected to remain steady in the coming years
- Cigarettes with additives or preservatives are illegal which means American blend cigarettes must be reformulated to be sold in the country
"Cigarettes in Canada", is an analytical report by Canadean that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Canadian market.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise
- Detailed information such as market shares and the recent developments of manufacturers and leading brands, along with company profiles
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habits, and the growing health concerns affecting overall production
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2015 to 2025
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning
- As consumers product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the specific market dynamics of the Canada market is crucial to ensuring maximum future sales
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future
Table of Contents
2 Market Size
3 Market Structure
4 Manufacturers and Brands
5 Taxation and Retail Prices
5.2. Retail Prices
6 The Smoking Population
7 Production and Trade
8 Operating Constraints
8.1. Advertising and Marketing Restrictions
8.2. Health Warnings
8.3. Public Smoking Bans
8.4. Other Restrictions
8.5. Tobacco-Related Litigation
8.6. Health Care Cost Recovery Cases
8.7. Class Action Lawsuits
9 Company Profiles
8.8. Other Principal Companies
10 Prospects and Forecasts
11.1. What is this Report About?
11.2. Time Frame
11.3. Product Category Coverage
11.5. About Canadean
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2013
Table 2: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2013
Table 3: Retail Expenditure on Cigarettes, 1990-2013
Table 4: Contraband Share of Sales, 2006-2013
Table 5: Duty Paid v Non-Duty Paid Volumes by Region, 2002-2009, Million Pieces
Table 6: Duty Paid v Non-Duty Paid Volumes by Region, 2002-2009, Percentage Share (%)
Table 7: GFK/CTMC Illegal Tobacco Sale Study: Main Findings, 2006-2008
Table 8: RCMP: Cigarette Seizures, 1994-2008
Table 9: Market Breakdown: Domestic v Imported Products, 2000-2012, Billion Pieces
Table 10: Market Breakdown: Filter v Plain, 2000-2007, Billion Pieces
Table 11: Cigarette Sales by Province, 2000-2011, Million Pieces
Table 12: Cigarette Sales by Province, 2000-2011, % Breakdown
Table 13: Cigarette Sales by Province, 2000-2011, Index, 2000 = 100.0
Table 14: Cigarette and Fine Cut Consumption Trends, 1990, 2000-2011, Millions
Table 15: Market Breakdown by Pack Size, As % of Market Volume, 2000-2008
Table 16: Market Breakdown by Price Category, % shipments, 2003-2012
Table 17: Manufacturer Sales and Market Shares, 2000-2013
Table 18: Manufacturer Shares by Price Segment, 2003-2008, % Volume
Table 19: Brand Shares, 2003-2013, % Volume
Table 20: Leading VFM Cigarette Brands, Percentage Share (%), 2004-2010
Table 21: Leading Premium Cigarette Brands, Percentage Share (%), 2001-2010
Table 22: Summary of Federal and Provincial Sales Tax Rate by Provinces, 2013
Table 23: Tax Incidence by Province, March 2005, % Most Popular Brand
Table 24: Tax Revenues Raised, CAD Billion, 2000/01-2011/12
Table 25: Tobacco Tax Revenue by Province, CAD 000, 2001-2008
Table 26: Average Retail Prices by Province, 2002-2013, CAD per Carton of 200 Pieces
Table 27: Indicative Retail Price Index, 2009
Table 28: Smoking Population, 1991-2012
Table 29: The Prevalence of Smoking by Age Group and Gender, Aged 12 Years and Over 2008-2012, % Current Smokers
Table 30: Current Smokers by Age Group, 1999-2012, % Current Smokers
Table 31: Quantity Smoked by Daily Smokers by Age Group and Gender, 1999-2010, Cigarettes per Day
Table 32: Adult Smoking Prevalence Trends by Province, 1999-2012, % Current Smokers
Table 33: Production of Cigarettes, 1990-2014
Table 34: Imports of Cigarettes, 1990-2013
Table 35: Imports by Country of Origin, 2000-2013, Million Pieces
Table 36: Imports by Country of Origin, 2000-2013, Percentage Shares (%)
Table 37: Exports of Cigarettes, 1990-2013
Table 38: Exports of Cigarettes by Country of Destination, 2000-2013, Million Pieces
Table 39: Company profile: Imperial Tobacco Canada Ltd
Table 40: Company profile: Rothmans Inc
Table 41: Company profile: JTI-Macdonald Corp
Table 42: Other Principal Companies
Table 43: Consumption Forecasts to 2022
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology
Bastos du Canada Ltd
Grand River Enterprises
Tabac ADL Tobacco
Les Produits de Tabac Tremblay
Les Tabacs Tabec
Following are different modes of Licenses.
a. Single User License:
This license allows only one person to use the report. This person can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people. Unless you purchase a Site License or a Global Site License, a Single User License must be purchased for every single person that wishes to use the report within the same enterprise.
b. Single Site License:
This license allows unlimited users to use the report within one company location, e.g. a regional office. These users can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people.
c. Global Site License:
A Global Site License (or Enterprise wide Site License or Global License) is a license granted to original purchaser, who can share a report with other employees and authorized Users of the same organization.
1. How do you deliver the reports?
The delivery of reports is depends on format & mode of license of report(s). Following are different kinds of formats of report(s) and their delivery options :
a. Electronic Format – Through email from Publisher
Report will be sent to your username email address in PDF, Excel, PowerPoint or any other electronic / softcopy format by publisher.
Delivery Time: 12 to 48 hours [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
b. Hard Copy or Printed Format or CD-Rom – Through Mail or Courier from Publisher
Report will be sent through mail / courier delivery to your shipping address by publisher.
Delivery Time: Less than, few weeks [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
2. How can I make payment for publications I purchase?
You could be able to make the payment, in following ways:
a. Online Secure Payment through Credit Card Payment : We accept Visa, Master, AMEX Cards & CCAvenue
b. Transfer of fund to our bank account via Bank transfer or Wire transfer
c. Payment via DD or Cheque
3. Is it safe to use my credit card on MarketinfoResearch?
Your personal information and online tranaction on Marketinfo Research is secure, private, and tamper-proof. All credit card payments are processed through secure and trusted payment gateways.