Your Cart Is Empty!
- Mauritius is a small but fairly stable market for cigarettes
- The cessation of local production by BAT in 2007 meant that supplies are now restricted to imports and are thus more expensive than previously
- Mauritius has adopted a proactive stance towards tobacco control. It was one of the first countries in Africa to require graphic warnings on packs and during 2012 it was announced that the current ban on smoking in public places was to be extended
- Excise duty rates have been increased significantly to help price smokers out of the market
"Cigarettes in Mauritius", is an analytical report by Canadean which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in Mauritius market.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers, leading brands along with company profiles
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habit and the growing health concerns affecting overall production
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2015 to 2025
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning
- As consumers product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the specific market dynamics of Mauritius market is crucial to ensuring maximum future sales
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future
Table of Contents
2. Market Size
3. Market Structure
4. Manufacturers and Brands
5. Taxation and Retail
5.2. Retail Prices
6. The Smoking Population
7. Production and Trade
8. Operating Constraints
8.1. Advertising Restrictions
8.2. Health Warnings/Packaging Restrictions
8.3. Other Restrictions
9. Prospects and Forecasts
10.1 What is this Report About?
10.2. Time Frame
10.3 Product Category Coverage
10.5. About Canadean
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2015
Table 2: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2015
Table 3: Manufacturer Sales and Market Share, 2000-2014, Million Pieces
Table 4: Manufacturer Sales and Market Share, 2000-2014, %
Table 5: Cigarette Brands by Manufacturer
Table 6: Tobacco Excise Duty Revenue, 2007-2014
Table 7: Cigarette Price Development, 2008-2012
Table 8: Smoking Population, 1990-2014
Table 9: Adult Prevalence of Smoking (15+), 2013
Table 10: Smoking Prevalence by Sex and Age, 1987, 1992 and 1998, %
Table 11: Smoking Prevalence by Ethnic Group, 1987, 1992 and 1998, %
Table 12: Smoking Prevalence by Income Group, 1987, 1992 and 1998, %
Table 13: Cigarette Production, 1990-2015, Million pieces
Table 14: Cigarette Imports, 1990-2015, Million pieces
Table 15: Cigarette Imports by Country of Origin (UN Trade Statistics), 2000-2014, Million Pieces
Table 16: Cigarette Imports by Country of Origin (UN Trade Statistics), 2000-2014, %
Table 17: Cigarette Imports: Volume (National Data), 2010-2013, Million Pieces
Table 18: Cigarette Imports: Volume (National Data), 2010-2013, %
Table 19: Exports by Country of Destination, 2004-2013, Million Pieces
Table 20: Cigarette Exports Volume (National Data), 2010-2013, Million Pieces
Table 21: Cigarette Exports Volume (National Data), 2010-2013, %
Table 22: Consumption Forecasts, Million pieces, 2014-2024
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology
Amalgamated Tobacco Corporation (Mauritius) Ltd
Consolidated Tobacco Company Ltd
Following are different modes of Licenses.
a. Single User License:
This license allows only one person to use the report. This person can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people. Unless you purchase a Site License or a Global Site License, a Single User License must be purchased for every single person that wishes to use the report within the same enterprise.
b. Single Site License:
This license allows unlimited users to use the report within one company location, e.g. a regional office. These users can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people.
c. Global Site License:
A Global Site License (or Enterprise wide Site License or Global License) is a license granted to original purchaser, who can share a report with other employees and authorized Users of the same organization.
1. How do you deliver the reports?
The delivery of reports is depends on format & mode of license of report(s). Following are different kinds of formats of report(s) and their delivery options :
a. Electronic Format – Through email from Publisher
Report will be sent to your username email address in PDF, Excel, PowerPoint or any other electronic / softcopy format by publisher.
Delivery Time: 12 to 48 hours [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
b. Hard Copy or Printed Format or CD-Rom – Through Mail or Courier from Publisher
Report will be sent through mail / courier delivery to your shipping address by publisher.
Delivery Time: Less than, few weeks [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
2. How can I make payment for publications I purchase?
You could be able to make the payment, in following ways:
a. Online Secure Payment through Credit Card Payment : We accept Visa, Master, AMEX Cards & CCAvenue
b. Transfer of fund to our bank account via Bank transfer or Wire transfer
c. Payment via DD or Cheque
3. Is it safe to use my credit card on MarketinfoResearch?
Your personal information and online tranaction on Marketinfo Research is secure, private, and tamper-proof. All credit card payments are processed through secure and trusted payment gateways.