Your Cart Is Empty!
- Premium brands remain the largest sector of the market in 2014, with the discount sector share dropping back.
- Imports had dropped back by 6.7% in 2014, after a sharp rise in 2012 and 2013.
- Future prospects for the US cigarette market suggest that consumption is likely to continue to decline.
"Cigarettes in the US", is an analytical report by Canadean which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the US market.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise.
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers, leading brands along with company profiles.
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habit and the growing health concerns affecting overall production.
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2015 to 2025.
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- As consumers product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the specific market dynamics of the Angolan market is crucial to ensuring maximum future sales.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Table of Contents
2 Market Size
3 Market Structure
4 Manufacturers and Brands
5 Taxation and Retail Prices
5.2 Retail Prices
6 The Smoking Population
7 Production and Trade
8 Operating Constraints
8.1 Tobacco Product Standards
8.2 New Tobacco Products
8.3 Modified Risk Tobacco Products
8.4 Adulterated and Misbranded Tobacco Products
8.5 Tobacco Product Marketing
8.6 Labelling and Advertising
8.7 Ingredient Disclosures
8.9 Other Constraints
8.1 The Master Settlement Agreement
8.11 Other Restrictions
8.12 Internet Sales
8.14 Asbestos Contributions Actions
8.15 Bond Cap Legislation
8.16 New MSA Related Legislation
8.17 Tobacco Buyout Legislation
8.18 Tobacco Industry Legislation
8.19 The Menthol Question
9 Company Profiles
10 Prospects and Forecasts
11.1 What is this Report About?
11.2 Time Frame
11.3 Product Category Coverage
11.5 About Canadean
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2015
Table 2: Taxable Removals and Import Sales Trends, 1997-2015, Billion Pieces
Table 3: Taxable Removals and Import Sales Trends, July 2008-July 2015
Table 4: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2015
Table 5: Retail Market Value, 1990-2014
Table 6: Market Breakdown: Premium v Discount Brands, 2002-2015, As % of Total Market Volume
Table 7: Market Segmentation: Discount Category, 1997-2000
Table 8: Market Breakdown: Filter v Plain, 2000-2014, % of Volume
Table 9: Market Breakdown: Menthol v Non-Menthol, 2000-2014, % of Volume
Table 10: Sales of Cigarettes by Marketed Strength, 1990-2014, % Volume Tar Yield (mg)
Table 11: Cigarette Sales by Length, 2000-2014, % Volume
Table 12: Manufacturer Sales and Market Shares, Billion Pieces, 2000-2014
Table 13: Manufacturer Sales and Market Shares, % Volume, 2000-2014
Table 14: US: Leading Manufacturer Shares by Price Segment, 2000-2013, Billion Pieces
Table 15: US: Leading Manufacturer Shares by Price Segment, 2000-2013, % Volume
Table 16: Market Shares of Leading Brand Families, 2000-2013, % Volume
Table 17: Market Shares of Leading Discount Brand Families, 2000-2014, % Volume
Table 18: Menthol Cigarettes: Brand Shares, 2000-2014, % Volume
Table 19: Federal Cigarette Tax Rate, 1990-2014, US$Per 1,000 Pieces
Table 20: Development of State Cigarette Excise Tax Rates, 1990-2015, US Cents Per Pack (20)
Table 21: Retail Price Development, 1990-2013, US Cents per Pack (20)
Table 22: Monthly Retail Cigarette Price Index, 2012-2014, % Change on Previous Year
Table 23: Development of State Retail Cigarette Prices, 1990-2013, US Cents per Pack
Table 24: Smoking Population, 1990-2014
Table 25: Adult Smoking Population by Age and Ethnic Group, 1990-2014, % Smoking
Table 26: Smoking Prevalence by Gender and State, 2000, 2011and 2013, %
Table 27: Cigarette Production, 1990-2015
Table 28: Cigarette Imports, 1990-2014
Table 29: Imports by Country of Origin, %, 2000-2013
Table 30: Exports of Cigarettes, 1990-2013
Table 31: Exports by Country of Destination, Million Pieces, 2001-2014
Table 32: Exports by Country of Destination, %, 2000-2013
Table 33: Exports by Country of Destination, Percentage Shares (%), 2002-2014
Table 34: Selected Smoking Restrictions by State, 2014
Table 35: Company profile: Philip Morris US Inc
Table 36: Company profile: Reynolds American Inc.
Table 37: Company profile: Lorillard Inc (1)
Table 38: Company profile: ITG Brands Inc.
Table 39: Consumption Forecasts to 2024
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology
Reynolds American Inc.
Following are different modes of Licenses.
a. Single User License:
This license allows only one person to use the report. This person can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people. Unless you purchase a Site License or a Global Site License, a Single User License must be purchased for every single person that wishes to use the report within the same enterprise.
b. Single Site License:
This license allows unlimited users to use the report within one company location, e.g. a regional office. These users can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people.
c. Global Site License:
A Global Site License (or Enterprise wide Site License or Global License) is a license granted to original purchaser, who can share a report with other employees and authorized Users of the same organization.
1. How do you deliver the reports?
The delivery of reports is depends on format & mode of license of report(s). Following are different kinds of formats of report(s) and their delivery options :
a. Electronic Format – Through email from Publisher
Report will be sent to your username email address in PDF, Excel, PowerPoint or any other electronic / softcopy format by publisher.
Delivery Time: 12 to 48 hours [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
b. Hard Copy or Printed Format or CD-Rom – Through Mail or Courier from Publisher
Report will be sent through mail / courier delivery to your shipping address by publisher.
Delivery Time: Less than, few weeks [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
2. How can I make payment for publications I purchase?
You could be able to make the payment, in following ways:
a. Online Secure Payment through Credit Card Payment : We accept Visa, Master, AMEX Cards & CCAvenue
b. Transfer of fund to our bank account via Bank transfer or Wire transfer
c. Payment via DD or Cheque
3. Is it safe to use my credit card on MarketinfoResearch?
Your personal information and online tranaction on Marketinfo Research is secure, private, and tamper-proof. All credit card payments are processed through secure and trusted payment gateways.