Your Cart Is Empty!
- South Koreas steady economy, young population, rising disposable income makes it an ideal choice for consumer packaged goods. Prepared Meals consumption in South Korea is forecast to register growth at a CAGR of 4.7% during 2014-2019.
- Frozen Ready Meals with a 36.2% share was the largest segment in the Ready Meals category in 2014 and is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 6% during 2009-2019.
- The South Korean Prepared Meals market is highly competitive and is led by players such as
Dongwon Group, CJ Cheiljedang Corporation and Our Home Co., Ltd.
- The Ready Meals category valued at KRW 88,412.7 million (US$ 84.0 million) accounted for the largest value consumption with 65.5% of the Prepared Meals market share in 2014.
- Bag/Sachet, the most commonly used container type accounted for 40.2% of the market share in 2014.
- Choosing premium products with natural ingredients is a growing trend as consumers are willing to pay more for better quality, owing to rising disposable incomes.
- Increasingly busy lifestyles of South Korean consumers have resulted in fragmented meal times and rising on-the-go consumption. Smaller pack sizes and single serve packs will become more common as convenience will be key
The report on the Prepared Meals sector in South Korea provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types, closures, and information on category level distribution and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2014-2019
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Meal Kits, Pizza and Ready Meals, with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2014-2019
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, private label growth analysis during 2011-2014
- Distribution data: Value shares within each category through channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food and Drinks Specialists and more
- Packaging data: usage of different packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging materials: flexible packaging, rigid plastics, rigid metal and others; containers: tray, tub, foil and others
- Consumer level trends: Top four consumer trends which influence prepared meals consumption
- Future outlook: Reviews and recommendations on how the market will shape up from 2014-2019
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyse key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving prepared meals consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
Table of Contents
Report introduction and definitions
Macroeconomic indicators - Population and age structure, GDP and Consumer Price Index
National retail and foodservice figures - Key Takeouts
Market value and volume for the South Korea Prepared Meals market
Historical and projected consumption in the South Korea Prepared Meals market
Degree of trade up/down-trade in the South Korea Prepared Meals market
Market volume of South Korea Prepared Meals by category
Historical and project market value of South Korea Prepared Meals by category
Winners and losers in the South Korea Prepared Meals market
Segment share of the category and change in market share in the South Korea Prepared Meals market
Category level pricing in the South Korea Prepared Meals market
Retailer and packaging
Leading retailers in the South Korea food market
Leading distribution channels in the South Korea Prepared Meals market
Leading distribution channels by category in the South Korea Prepared Meals market
South Korea Prepared Meals market by type of packaging
South Korea Prepared Meals market by type of packaging closure/outer
South Korea Prepared Meals market by type of packaging, forecasted
Private label performance compared to national brands in the South Korea Prepared Meals market
Leading companies in the South Korea Prepared Meals market by category
Leading brands in the South Korea Prepared Meals market by category
Consumer trend analysis
Canadeans consumer trend framework and explanation of the sub-trends
For key trends in the South Korea Prepared Meals market
How the trend is influencing consumption in the South Korea Prepared Meals market
How to target the trend in the South Korea Prepared Meals market
How the trend will evolve in the South Korea Prepared Meals market
Key target demographic and the rate and which the trend will evolve
Key drivers in the market that will increasingly influence consumption
New product examples launched in the South Korea Prepared Meals market
CJ Cheiljedang Corporation and Our Home Co. Ltd
Pulmuone Co. Ltd.
Samlip General Foods Co. Ltd.
Following are different modes of Licenses.
a. Single User License:
This license allows only one person to use the report. This person can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people. Unless you purchase a Site License or a Global Site License, a Single User License must be purchased for every single person that wishes to use the report within the same enterprise.
b. Single Site License:
This license allows unlimited users to use the report within one company location, e.g. a regional office. These users can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people.
c. Global Site License:
A Global Site License (or Enterprise wide Site License or Global License) is a license granted to original purchaser, who can share a report with other employees and authorized Users of the same organization.
1. How do you deliver the reports?
The delivery of reports is depends on format & mode of license of report(s). Following are different kinds of formats of report(s) and their delivery options :
a. Electronic Format – Through email from Publisher
Report will be sent to your username email address in PDF, Excel, PowerPoint or any other electronic / softcopy format by publisher.
Delivery Time: 12 to 48 hours [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
b. Hard Copy or Printed Format or CD-Rom – Through Mail or Courier from Publisher
Report will be sent through mail / courier delivery to your shipping address by publisher.
Delivery Time: Less than, few weeks [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
2. How can I make payment for publications I purchase?
You could be able to make the payment, in following ways:
a. Online Secure Payment through Credit Card Payment : We accept Visa, Master, AMEX Cards & CCAvenue
b. Transfer of fund to our bank account via Bank transfer or Wire transfer
c. Payment via DD or Cheque
3. Is it safe to use my credit card on MarketinfoResearch?
Your personal information and online tranaction on Marketinfo Research is secure, private, and tamper-proof. All credit card payments are processed through secure and trusted payment gateways.