Your Cart Is Empty!
- In total, 43% and 34% of industry executives indicate favorable or very favorable economic conditions in North America and Asia
- One-third of industry executives anticipate no change in customer confidence in the next six months
- On average, defense industry executives forecast an increase of 3.0% in supplier prices for technology in H1 2016
- New product development is the key area where respondents expect to spend more in the next six months
- Executives who operate in North America highlight cyber crime as the biggest concern for H1 2016
- Improving operational efficiency and customer retention are the two main priorities for global defense industry over the next six months
Strategic Defence Intelligences defense Industry Business Confidence Report H1 2016 presents executives opinion on the business environment over January 2016-June 2016. Organizations can understand the market by analyzing existing economic conditions, supplier price variations, sales performance, industry and company growth outlook, spending patterns, and key priorities. Additionally, organizations will have access to information categorized by region wherever applicable.
What else does this report offer?
- Current state of the global economy: examine prevailing economic conditions globally and across various regions
- Company and industry growth outlook: know industry executives expectations towards their companys growth prospects and that of the industry over the next six months
- Change in customer confidence: analyze defense industry executives opinion about the change in customer confidence during H1 2016
- Supplier prices projection: determine expected changes in supplier prices across various categories and their impact on business confidence
- Change in staff headcount and sales performance: track expected changes in staff headcount and sales for H1 2016 among industry executives globally
- Significant investment activities: know about various areas in which industry executives intend to invest over the next six months
- Business concerns: access information about potential business concerns indicated by survey respondents for H1 2016
- Key priorities: examine top priorities of industry executives operating in various regions
Reasons To Buy
- Organizations can make effective business strategy decisions by knowing the prevailing business conditions and sentiment within the defense industry
- Organizations will be supported in business expansion decisions by providing information about projected changes in sales performance and supplier prices
- Helps to improve operational efficiency of the organization by knowing about key priorities and the main concerns of defense industry executives
- Helps to alter investment allocation by understanding key focus areas highlighted by survey respondents during H1 2016
Table of Contents
1.1. Definitions and abbreviations
1.2. Methodology and sample size
1.3. Respondent profile
2 Economic state, growth prospects and customer confidence
2.1. Existing economic environment
2.1.1. Over one-third of respondents highlight the current global economic conditions as stable
2.1.2. In total, 43% of industry executives indicate favorable or very favorable economic condition in North America
2.1.3. Respondents who operate in North America and Asia-Pacific have more favorable opinion about their region
2.2. Industry and company growth outlook
2.2.1. The majority of respondents expect an optimistic outlook for company and industry growth prospects in H1 2016
2.2.2. Overall, 29% of industry executives are neither optimistic nor pessimistic over growth prospects for the industry in H1 2016
2.2.3. Positive outlook towards company growth is highest among respondents with business operations in Asia-Pacific
2.3. Expected change in customer confidence
2.3.1. In total, 54% of executives project positive or very positive change in customer confidence over the next six months
2.3.2. The majority of respondents with business operations in Asia-Pacific and Europe anticipate a significant increase in customer confidence in H1 2016
3 Supplier prices, staff headcount and sales performance
3.1. Supplier prices expectations
3.1.1. Overall, power and energy is anticipated to record the highest increase in supplier prices in the next six months
3.1.2. On an average, defense industry respondents project an increase of 3.0% in supplier prices for technology during H1 2016
3.1.3. Over one-third of defense industry executives foresee an increase of 0.1% to 3.99% in supplier prices for power and energy during the next six months
3.1.4. The majority of respondents anticipate an increase of 0.1% to 5.99% in supplier prices for equipment and components in H1 2016
3.1.5. Defense industry executives with business operations in North America project highest growth in sales during the next six months
3.1.6. Expenditure will increase on new product development and, mergers and acquisitions in H1 2016
4 Business concerns and organizational priorities
4.1. Level of concerns and expected impact
4.1.1. Economic, industrial, and societal issues can adversely impact business prospects, limit profitability and force changes in existing business strategy
4.1.2. Executives who operate in North America highlight cyber crime as the biggest concern for H1 2016
4.1.3. Respondents operating in the Rest of the World are most concerned about social unrest in countries of operation during the next six months
4.1.4. The levels of defense buyers confidence and the performance of North American economies are the key concerns for defense executives
4.1.5. The majority of defense industry survey respondents are concerned over cyber crime and social unrest in country/countries of operation in H1 2016
4.2. Significance of potential business priorities
4.2.1. Globally, operational efficiency and customer retention are the most preferred priorities for defense executives
4.2.2. Executives operating in Europe and Asia-Pacific are least focused on corporate and social responsibility initiatives in H1 2016
4.2.3. Improving operational efficiency and customer retention are the two most preferred priorities for global defense industry over the next six months
5.1. About SDI
List of Figures
Figure 1: Profile of Respondents - By Company Type and Turnover
Figure 2: Profile of Respondents - By Designation and Region
Figure 3: State of the Economy: Key Takeouts
Figure 4: Current economic condition - Overall
Figure 5: Current economic condition - Region
Figure 6: Current economic condition - Those who operate and do not operate in a region
Figure 7: State of the economy: In their words-1
Figure 8: State of the economy: In their words-2
Figure 9: Growth Prospects and Customer Confidence: Key Takeouts
Figure 10: Industry and company growth prospects - Overall
Figure 11: Industry and company growth prospects - Overall - In detail
Figure 12: Industry and company growth prospects - Region
Figure 13: Anticipated variation in customer confidence - Overall
Figure 14: Anticipated variation in customer confidence - Region
Figure 15: Supplier prices and Customer Confidence: In Their Words - 1
Figure 16: Supplier prices and Customer Confidence: In Their Words - 2
Figure 17: Defense Products and Services Price and Expenditure: Key Takeouts
Figure 18: Category wise supplier prices highlights
Figure 19: Projected change in supplier prices - Technology - Overall and regional
Figure 20: Projected change in supplier prices - Power and Energy - Overall and regional
Figure 21: Projected change in supplier prices - Equipment and Components - Overall and regional
Figure 22: Staff headcount and sales outlook - Regional
Figure 23: Expenditure projection on key activities - Overall
Figure 24: Priorities and Concerns: Key Takeouts
Figure 25: Concerns: Overview
Figure 26: Top five business concerns - Region
Figure 27: Business concerns - Regional highlights
Figure 28: Business concerns - Overall and regional - A
Figure 29: Business concerns - Overall and regional - B
Figure 30: Top five organizational priorities - Region
Figure 31: Organizational priorities - Regional highlights
Figure 32: Organizational priorities - Overall and region
The Boeing Company
Korea Aerospace Industries Ltd.
Following are different modes of Licenses.
a. Single User License:
This license allows only one person to use the report. This person can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people. Unless you purchase a Site License or a Global Site License, a Single User License must be purchased for every single person that wishes to use the report within the same enterprise.
b. Single Site License:
This license allows unlimited users to use the report within one company location, e.g. a regional office. These users can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people.
c. Global Site License:
A Global Site License (or Enterprise wide Site License or Global License) is a license granted to original purchaser, who can share a report with other employees and authorized Users of the same organization.
1. How do you deliver the reports?
The delivery of reports is depends on format & mode of license of report(s). Following are different kinds of formats of report(s) and their delivery options :
a. Electronic Format – Through email from Publisher
Report will be sent to your username email address in PDF, Excel, PowerPoint or any other electronic / softcopy format by publisher.
Delivery Time: 12 to 48 hours [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
b. Hard Copy or Printed Format or CD-Rom – Through Mail or Courier from Publisher
Report will be sent through mail / courier delivery to your shipping address by publisher.
Delivery Time: Less than, few weeks [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
2. How can I make payment for publications I purchase?
You could be able to make the payment, in following ways:
a. Online Secure Payment through Credit Card Payment : We accept Visa, Master, AMEX Cards & CCAvenue
b. Transfer of fund to our bank account via Bank transfer or Wire transfer
c. Payment via DD or Cheque
3. Is it safe to use my credit card on MarketinfoResearch?
Your personal information and online tranaction on Marketinfo Research is secure, private, and tamper-proof. All credit card payments are processed through secure and trusted payment gateways.