Your Cart Is Empty!
- The cereal bars and energy bars categories should be targeted by manufacturers due to current low levels of consumption in developing countries. Manufacturers can emphasize the convenience aspect of such products as they can be consumed on-the-go, helping those with busy lives
- On weekends, in particular, consumers can take the time to fully enjoy their morning meal, with variety and novelty replacing the usual weekday routine. Consumers are significantly less likely to skip the morning meal during the weekends than during the week
- The health implications of breakfast products, especially those high in sugar and artificial ingredients, come later on in life, with kids focusing on the taste and indulgence aspect of products
- Convenience, more than health or taste, will be the most important aspect of the Breakfast market over the next few years. Manufacturers are responding with compact pack formats, which aid consumption on-the-go. Tasty breakfast alternatives, such as cereal bars, are also set to grow in demand
- Retired consumers are least likely to skip breakfast, whether its on the weekend or a weekday. These consumers should be targeted with healthy products, but those that still keep taste and indulgence as a core need state
The "Examining new trends in the breakfast market and the opportunities for food manufacturers" report by Canadean shows the best opportunities in the breakfast market by looking at how consumer needs change by age in five core consumer need states: taste, health, convenience, ethics, and free-from. Convenience is fast becoming an important consideration, and for some consumers, due to their busy lives, is the key motivator. For others, such as kids, taste and indulgence remain the most important factors.
What else does this report offer?
- Splits consumers into different age groups to provide a more holistic and complete understanding of what motivates them in each respective consumer need state
- Provides recommendations that will help manufacturers better meet the consumer need state
- Case studies examining the approach retailers and CPG brands have taken when it comes to trying to enhance or meet consumer demand in areas such as taste and health
- Product examples showing how innovation leaders are successfully targeting shoppers
Reasons To Buy
- Know what new opportunities you should target in the Breakfast market, and what changes you need to make to your product or brand in order to pursue them
- Gain an insight into what motivates consumer behavior in the Breakfast market, and what trends are likely to influence future behavior
- Learn from the most innovative breakfast products launched worldwide
- Find out what is motivating consumers purchasing decisions in the breakfast market, through the results from Canadeans frequent global surveys
Table of Contents
Key categories and growth rates in the breakfast market
Growth rates, key breakfast categories, 2014-2019
Market shares by country, key breakfast categories, 2014
An increasing number of consumers are skipping breakfast, however older consumers are less likely to skip the morning meal
Consumer behavior in the breakfast market is influenced by five main need states
The importance of taste in breakfast is most important for younger consumers, while older consumers have more time to experiment
How the importance of taste is changing in breakfast markets
Consumer attitudes towards taste among Kids
Consumer attitudes towards taste among Students
Consumer attitudes towards taste among Young Workers
Consumer attitudes towards taste among Established Professionals
Consumer attitudes towards taste among Retirees
Targeting taste: product examples and case study
Steps to combat health issues become more frequent as consumers get older
How the importance of health is changing in breakfast markets
Consumer attitudes towards health among Kids
Consumer attitudes towards health among Students
Consumer attitudes towards health among Young Workers
Consumer attitudes towards health among Established Professionals
Consumer attitudes towards health among Retirees
Targeting health: case study
Convenience has become a core aspect and need state in the breakfast market
How the importance of convenience is changing in breakfast markets
Consumer attitudes towards convenience among Kids
Consumer attitudes towards convenience among Students
Consumer attitudes towards convenience among Young Workers
Consumer attitudes towards convenience among Established Professionals
Consumer attitudes towards convenience among Retirees
Targeting convenience: product examples
Ethics is often superseded by need states such as value and indulgence
How the importance of ethics is changing in breakfast markets
Consumer attitudes towards ethics among Kids
Consumer attitudes towards ethics among Students
Consumer attitudes towards ethics among Young Workers
Consumer attitudes towards ethics among Established Professionals
Consumer attitudes towards ethics among Retirees
Targeting ethics: product examples
Free-from is gaining traction in the breakfast market as a lifestyle choice
How the importance of free-from is changing in breakfast markets
Consumer attitudes towards free-from among Kids
Consumer attitudes towards free-from among Students
Consumer attitudes towards free-from among Young Workers
Consumer attitudes towards free-from among Established Professionals
Consumer attitudes towards free-from among Retirees
Targeting free-from: product examples
Methodology and Appendix
Waitrose Seriously Floral
PAturages Ptit Yab
BlackMilk Cereal Cult
Qinghai Xiaoxiniu Bio-Dairy Co. Ltd.
Danone de Argentina S.A.
Up and Go
Back to the Roots
Barbaras food products
Cream of Rice
Following are different modes of Licenses.
a. Single User License:
This license allows only one person to use the report. This person can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people. Unless you purchase a Site License or a Global Site License, a Single User License must be purchased for every single person that wishes to use the report within the same enterprise.
b. Single Site License:
This license allows unlimited users to use the report within one company location, e.g. a regional office. These users can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people.
c. Global Site License:
A Global Site License (or Enterprise wide Site License or Global License) is a license granted to original purchaser, who can share a report with other employees and authorized Users of the same organization.
1. How do you deliver the reports?
The delivery of reports is depends on format & mode of license of report(s). Following are different kinds of formats of report(s) and their delivery options :
a. Electronic Format – Through email from Publisher
Report will be sent to your username email address in PDF, Excel, PowerPoint or any other electronic / softcopy format by publisher.
Delivery Time: 12 to 48 hours [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
b. Hard Copy or Printed Format or CD-Rom – Through Mail or Courier from Publisher
Report will be sent through mail / courier delivery to your shipping address by publisher.
Delivery Time: Less than, few weeks [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
2. How can I make payment for publications I purchase?
You could be able to make the payment, in following ways:
a. Online Secure Payment through Credit Card Payment : We accept Visa, Master, AMEX Cards & CCAvenue
b. Transfer of fund to our bank account via Bank transfer or Wire transfer
c. Payment via DD or Cheque
3. Is it safe to use my credit card on MarketinfoResearch?
Your personal information and online tranaction on Marketinfo Research is secure, private, and tamper-proof. All credit card payments are processed through secure and trusted payment gateways.