Your Cart Is Empty!
- Edible cutlery made from food-grade ingredients can completely eliminate plastic waste as it is intended to be eaten after use.
- The amount of waste generated by disposable cutlery is stunning. In India alone, about 120 billion plastic utensils are used each year, generating huge amounts of waste.
- Edible cutlery that is not consumed after use can degrade in as little as 10 days, completely eliminating waste.
- Water use and carbon dioxide emissions for edible cutlery are a fraction of those for disposable utensils made from petroleum products.
ForeSights: Edible Cutlery examines a small but put potentially game-changing solution to the problem of solid waste generated by disposable cutlery. Less than one third of plastic packaging is recycled globally; the rate may be much worse for black plastic utensils due to unique material sorting issues. Edible cutlery and eventually edible dishes and cups could help overcome problems with solid waste.
This report was compiled using Canadeans ForeSights methodology, which aims to identify new concepts that could influence the market in fast-moving consumer goods.
Your key questions answered:
- How is edible cutlery superior to biodegradable cutlery, another type of cutlery marketed as a potential solution to plastic waste issues?
- Food ingredients like sorghum are being used to make edible cutlery. What qualities does sorghum possess that make it a favourite for edible cutlery?
- Why has India become a world leader in taking on the issue of plastic packaging waste?
- Conventional plastic never truly biodegrades. What happens to conventional plastic when it is not recycled, and is simply discarded?
- The fast-food industry is experimenting with edible packaging in India. What factor spurred the industry to experiment with edible packaging?
Reasons To Buy
- Consider emerging opportunities and threats in the fast-moving consumer goods market and gain insight into potential future consumer behaviour.
- Identify interesting new and emerging concepts, products, and ideas on offer in retail, foodservice, online spaces, and beyond.
- Understand how new concepts and ideas fit into - or challenge - current consumer trends.
- Gain insight and inspiration for innovation programs and new product development.
Table of Contents
Global production of plastic has exploded
Food ingredients can enable efficient resource use
A successful crowd funding campaign for the concept
The fast-food industry could be an early adopter
Plastic waste is a huge issue in Southeast Asia
One novel "edible" solution to plastic ocean waste
Recycling alone cannot fix plastic cutlery waste issues
How could edible cutlery change the future?
University of California Santa Barbara
American Plastics Council
Following are different modes of Licenses.
a. Single User License:
This license allows only one person to use the report. This person can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people. Unless you purchase a Site License or a Global Site License, a Single User License must be purchased for every single person that wishes to use the report within the same enterprise.
b. Single Site License:
This license allows unlimited users to use the report within one company location, e.g. a regional office. These users can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people.
c. Global Site License:
A Global Site License (or Enterprise wide Site License or Global License) is a license granted to original purchaser, who can share a report with other employees and authorized Users of the same organization.
1. How do you deliver the reports?
The delivery of reports is depends on format & mode of license of report(s). Following are different kinds of formats of report(s) and their delivery options :
a. Electronic Format – Through email from Publisher
Report will be sent to your username email address in PDF, Excel, PowerPoint or any other electronic / softcopy format by publisher.
Delivery Time: 12 to 48 hours [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
b. Hard Copy or Printed Format or CD-Rom – Through Mail or Courier from Publisher
Report will be sent through mail / courier delivery to your shipping address by publisher.
Delivery Time: Less than, few weeks [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
2. How can I make payment for publications I purchase?
You could be able to make the payment, in following ways:
a. Online Secure Payment through Credit Card Payment : We accept Visa, Master, AMEX Cards & CCAvenue
b. Transfer of fund to our bank account via Bank transfer or Wire transfer
c. Payment via DD or Cheque
3. Is it safe to use my credit card on MarketinfoResearch?
Your personal information and online tranaction on Marketinfo Research is secure, private, and tamper-proof. All credit card payments are processed through secure and trusted payment gateways.