Your Cart Is Empty!
- The games consoles market consists of the total revenues generated by Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony through the sale of their console platforms including both their respective home entertainment consoles and their handheld models. A games console has traditionally filled a single role in the entertainment of the user; as of now, most video games consoles might be more accurately described as diversified home entertainment systems with once exceptional features, such as the streaming of movies, becoming more the rule. Market values are defined using annual average retail prices for each individual market; market volumes are defined as the total amount of units of consoles sold within a trading year. Market shares are based upon volume sales and consist of all console sales, including handheld. Any currency calculations used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2014 annual average exchange rates.
- The Japanese games consoles market had total revenues of $1,237.9m in 2014, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -5.1% between 2010 and 2014.
- Market consumption volumes declined with a CARC of -8.5% between 2010 and 2014, to reach a total of 6.4 million units in 2014.
- The performance of the market is forecast to decline further, with an anticipated CARC of -5.8% for the five-year period 2014 - 2019, which is expected to drive the market to a value of $919.5m by the end of 2019.
Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the games consoles market in Japan
Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the games consoles market in Japan
Leading company profiles reveal details of key games consoles market players global operations and financial performance
Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Japan games consoles market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Macroeconomic indicators provide insight into general trends within the Japan economy
Reasons To Buy
What was the size of the Japan games consoles market by value in 2014?
What will be the size of the Japan games consoles market in 2019?
What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Japan games consoles market?
How has the market performed over the last five years?
Who are the top competitiors in Japans games consoles market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Market volume 2
Market volume forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market share 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 8
Market value 8
Market volume 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market share 12
Market Outlook 13
Market value forecast 13
Market volume forecast 14
Five Forces Analysis 15
Buyer power 16
Supplier power 17
New entrants 18
Threat of substitutes 19
Degree of rivalry 20
Leading Companies 21
Microsoft Corporation 21
Nintendo Co., Ltd. 24
Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. 27
Macroeconomic Indicators 28
Country Data 28
Industry associations 31
Related MarketLine research 31
About MarketLine 32
LIST OF TABLES
Table 1: Japan games consoles market value: $ million, 2010-14 8
Table 1: Japan games consoles market volume: thousand units, 2010-14 9
Table 1: Japan games consoles market category segmentation: thousand units, 2014 10
Table 1: Japan games consoles market geography segmentation: $ million, 2014 11
Table 1: Japan games consoles market share: % share, by volume, 2014 12
Table 1: Japan games consoles market value forecast: $ million, 2014-19 13
Table 1: Japan games consoles market volume forecast: thousand units, 2014-19 14
Table 1: Microsoft Corporation: key facts 21
Table 1: Microsoft Corporation: key financials ($) 22
Table 1: Microsoft Corporation: key financial ratios 22
Table 1: Nintendo Co., Ltd.: key facts 24
Table 1: Nintendo Co., Ltd.: key financials ($) 25
Table 1: Nintendo Co., Ltd.: key financials (Yen) 25
Table 1: Nintendo Co., Ltd.: key financial ratios 25
Table 1: Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.: key facts 27
Table 1: Japan size of population (million), 2010-14 28
Table 1: Japan gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2010-14 28
Table 1: Japan gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2010-14 28
Table 1: Japan inflation, 2010-14 29
Table 1: Japan consumer price index (absolute), 2010-14 29
Table 1: Japan exchange rate, 2010-14 29
LIST OF FIGURES
Following are different modes of Licenses.
a. Single User License:
This license allows only one person to use the report. This person can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people. Unless you purchase a Site License or a Global Site License, a Single User License must be purchased for every single person that wishes to use the report within the same enterprise.
b. Single Site License:
This license allows unlimited users to use the report within one company location, e.g. a regional office. These users can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people.
c. Global Site License:
A Global Site License (or Enterprise wide Site License or Global License) is a license granted to original purchaser, who can share a report with other employees and authorized Users of the same organization.
1. How do you deliver the reports?
The delivery of reports is depends on format & mode of license of report(s). Following are different kinds of formats of report(s) and their delivery options :
a. Electronic Format – Through email from Publisher
Report will be sent to your username email address in PDF, Excel, PowerPoint or any other electronic / softcopy format by publisher.
Delivery Time: 12 to 48 hours [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
b. Hard Copy or Printed Format or CD-Rom – Through Mail or Courier from Publisher
Report will be sent through mail / courier delivery to your shipping address by publisher.
Delivery Time: Less than, few weeks [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
2. How can I make payment for publications I purchase?
You could be able to make the payment, in following ways:
a. Online Secure Payment through Credit Card Payment : We accept Visa, Master, AMEX Cards & CCAvenue
b. Transfer of fund to our bank account via Bank transfer or Wire transfer
c. Payment via DD or Cheque
3. Is it safe to use my credit card on MarketinfoResearch?
Your personal information and online tranaction on Marketinfo Research is secure, private, and tamper-proof. All credit card payments are processed through secure and trusted payment gateways.