Your Cart Is Empty!
- The term millennials can lead brands astray as they seek to target a consumer group with vast differences in age, lifestyle, financial power, and life goals. However, there are three universal characteristics young adults share that should inform how to tailor product development and marketing campaigns to them.
- Niche brands are becoming more popular, making it increasingly difficult for mass market brands. Brands need to forget the "one size fits all" model, and develop a broad range of products that are closely aligned with very specific consumer groups and needs.
- The desire to stand out from the crowd has been present among all generations in their youth, but increased disposable income and the wide array of developed retail channels, including online, means young adults today can spend more money on more products that reflect their identity and personality
- Informality has increased as traditional eating habits dwindle due to a lack of time, changing social attitudes and busy lives. This means the line between snacking and meals is blurring, new consumption occasions are being created, and consumers are looking for even better quality food despite wanting to minimize the amount of time spent preparing it.
Canadeans "Grocery Shopping Habits: Examining the Attitudes of Young Adults" report shows how brands and private labels can target young adults by examining how trends like value for money, convenience, craft, and social media are changing consumption habits. A complete overview of how and why young adults should be targeted is provided by analyzing what share of the market they account for, what unique characteristics unite this generation and set them apart from previous ones, and how these characteristics impact their day to day consumption decisions.
What else does this report offer?
- Analysis of what share of food and drink markets young adults account for, both globally and in select key countries
- Results from Canadeans 2015 global survey of young adults, providing insight into their attitudes and behaviors in areas such as health, new flavors, and brand loyalty
- Product examples showing how innovation leaders are targeting this vital generation
- Analysis of how the needs of young adults will evolve in the short-to-medium term future and recommended actions on how to adapt to these evolving needs
- A framework that helps target new product development and marketing campaigns at the unique characteristics young adults share
Reasons To Buy
- Develop products which truly resonate with the young adult audience by understanding what unites, and differentiates them
- Know what steps you need to take to target this vital audience thanks to Canadeans unique knowledge of young adults attitudes and behaviors, drawn from a global consumer survey
- Identify new markets for your brand to expand into by seeing how the attitudes of young adults vary from country to country
Table of Contents
Introduction and Summary Methodology
Young adults command a larger share of the grocery market than could be expected
Share of FMCG products consumed by young adults - global
Share of FMCG products consumed by young adults - BRIC vs. Non-BRIC countries
Analysis of consumption patterns by age group: how Young Adults compare to other consumer groups
While the term "millennial" is too broad for successful targeting, millennials do share three universal characteristics that should inform how to tailor product development and marketing campaigns to them
The decline of the middle ground and the rise of the niche is defining this generation
Brands must cater to the need for self-expression to maintain the attention of young adults
Informal meal occasions have become the normal way to dine for young adults
How to appeal to young adults
Young Adults and convenience
Young Adults and new flavors Young Adults, brand loyalty and co-creation
Young Adults and promotion offers
Young Adults, health, and functional food
Young Adults and treats
Young Adults and craft
Young Adults and ethical consumerism
Young Adults and trust in brands
Young Adults and nostalgia
Young adults and new technology
Young adults and social media
Detailed methodology and Appendix
The Problem Solver
The Good Bean Co
I Lohas (part of Coca-Cola)
Frito-Lays Cracker Jack
Fujiya Country Maam Cookie
Mr. Fitzpatricks Vintage Cordials
Red Boat Fish Sauce
Schlitz Tall Boys
Daily Fish n Chips
Chipotle Mexican Grill
Newcastle Brown Ale
Following are different modes of Licenses.
a. Single User License:
This license allows only one person to use the report. This person can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people. Unless you purchase a Site License or a Global Site License, a Single User License must be purchased for every single person that wishes to use the report within the same enterprise.
b. Single Site License:
This license allows unlimited users to use the report within one company location, e.g. a regional office. These users can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people.
c. Global Site License:
A Global Site License (or Enterprise wide Site License or Global License) is a license granted to original purchaser, who can share a report with other employees and authorized Users of the same organization.
1. How do you deliver the reports?
The delivery of reports is depends on format & mode of license of report(s). Following are different kinds of formats of report(s) and their delivery options :
a. Electronic Format – Through email from Publisher
Report will be sent to your username email address in PDF, Excel, PowerPoint or any other electronic / softcopy format by publisher.
Delivery Time: 12 to 48 hours [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
b. Hard Copy or Printed Format or CD-Rom – Through Mail or Courier from Publisher
Report will be sent through mail / courier delivery to your shipping address by publisher.
Delivery Time: Less than, few weeks [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
2. How can I make payment for publications I purchase?
You could be able to make the payment, in following ways:
a. Online Secure Payment through Credit Card Payment : We accept Visa, Master, AMEX Cards & CCAvenue
b. Transfer of fund to our bank account via Bank transfer or Wire transfer
c. Payment via DD or Cheque
3. Is it safe to use my credit card on MarketinfoResearch?
Your personal information and online tranaction on Marketinfo Research is secure, private, and tamper-proof. All credit card payments are processed through secure and trusted payment gateways.