Your Cart Is Empty!
- Online spending on health and beauty products accounts for 6.1% of the total retail sales in the segment in 2015
- The health and beauty segment accounted for 1.74% of the overall retail sales in 2015
- Specialist retailers continue to be the preferred channel for the purchase of health and beauty products in the country.
- Bulk sales of health and beauty products are sold through offline channels including hypermarkets, supermarkets, department stores, drug stores and health and beauty stores.
"Health and Beauty Retailing in China - Market Summary and Forecasts" is a detailed sector report providing a comprehensive analysis of the emerging trends, forecasts and opportunities to 2020.
What else does this report offer?
- A thorough analysis of consumer trends changing economic and population factors
- Both qualitative and quantitative insights and analysis of the shifting health and beauty retail dynamics from 2010 to 2020
- Sales of health and beauty products through the following channels from 2010 to 2020: Hypermarkets, supermarkets and hard-discounters; department stores; online; drug stores and health and beauty stores; other general and non-specialist direct retailers; cash and carries and warehouse clubs; convenience stores (including independents) and gas stations; duty free retailers; value, variety stores, general merchandise retailers and vending machines
- An overview of key health and beauty retailers operating across China and their presence across distribution channels
Reasons To Buy
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge on health and beauty sector in the China retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behaviour trends in health and beauty category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing the consumer behavior
- Understand the performance of health and beauty product sector, with insights on performance across key channels from 2010, with forecasts until 2020
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the health and beauty market
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the health and beauty market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge - identify opportunities to improve your market share
Table of Contents
1.1 What is this Report About?
2 Executive Summary and Outlook
3 Market Context
3.1 A steady economy with major growth potential for retailers
3.1.1 Chinas economy is increasing despite a declining growth rate
3.1.2 Savings are always a top priority for Chinese
3.1.3 Employment shift from unskilled to skilled, rural to urban, manufacturing to service industries
3.1.4 Inflation rate remains as a major concern
3.1.5 Household consumption trebles driving spending power
3.2 Large population with growing prosperity makes China a big attraction for retail
4 Chinese Shoppers
4.1 From functional to emotional
4.2 More opportunity for niche brands and mass market retailers
4.3 Shopping - a leisure activity
4.4 Two major events drive retail spend in China
4.5 High adoption of smartphones and tablets for shopping
4.6 Counterfeiting forces consumers to trade up to premium for quality assurance
4.7 Tourism /travel increases awareness of international brands
4.7.1 China remains as the second largest Duty Free market in 2020
5 Doing business in China
5.2 Anti-corruption crackdown requires careful handling for foreign businesses
5.3 Complex licensing procedures a hindrance for foreign retailers
5.4 Favourable tax structure to encourage domestic and foreign investments
5.5 Impact of government regulations on the luxury market
6 Retail - Product Sectors
6.1 Product Sector Analysis
6.1.1 Health and Beauty
6.2 Health and Beauty Category Overview
6.2.1 Healthand Beauty by Channel
6.2.2 Health and Beauty by Category
6.3 Major Retailers
6.3.1 Health and Beauty
7.1.1 This report provides 2015 actual sales; while forecasts are provided for 2016 - 2020
7.2 Summary Methodology
7.2.2 The triangulated market sizing method
7.2.3 Industry surveys in the creation of retail market data
7.2.4 Quality control and standardized processes
7.3 About Verdict Retail
List of Tables
Table 1: Custom Duty Rates and Consumption Tax Rates of Luxury Goods
Table 2: China Health and Beauty Retail Sales (CNY bn), by Channel Group, 2010-2015
Table 3: China Health and Beauty Retail Sales Forecast (CNY bn), by Channel Group, 2015-2020
Table 4: China Health and Beauty Retail Sales (US$ mn), by Channel Group, 2010-2015
Table 5: China Health and Beauty Retail Sales Forecast (US$ mn), by Channel Group, 2015-2020
Table 6: China Health and Beauty Segmentation (% value), by Channel Group, 2010-2020
Table 7: China Health and Beauty Retail Sales (CNY bn), by Category, 2010-2015
Table 8: China Health and Beauty Retail Sales Forecast (CNY bn), by Category 2015-2020
Table 9: China Health and Beauty Retail Sales (US$ mn), by Category, 2010-2015
Table 10: China Health and Beauty Retail Sales Forecast (US$ mn), by Category 2015-2020
Table 11: Key Health and Beauty Retailers in China
Table 12: China Exchange Rate CNY-USD (Annual Average), 2010-2015
Table 13: China Exchange Rate CNY-USD (Annual Average), 2016-2020 Forecasts
Table 14: Verdict Retail Channel Definitions
Table 15: Verdict Retail Category Definitions
List of Figures
Figure 1: GDP Value (US$ Billion), 2010-2015
Figure 2: Growth Rate of GDP (%), 2010-2015
Figure 3: GDP Value and Growth (CNY billion, %), 2010-2015
Figure 4: Forecasts for GDP Value and Growth (CNY Billion, %) 2015-2020
Figure 5: Gross Domestic Savings Rate as Share of GDP (%), 2005-2015
Figure 6: Share of Employment by Sector (% of Total Labor Force), 2005 and 2015
Figure 7: Unemployment Rate (% of Total Labor Force), 2005-2015
Figure 8: Inflation Growth Rates (%), 2005-2015
Figure 9: Household Consumption Expenditure of China (CNY Billion), 2005-2015E
Figure 10: Household Consumption Expenditure of Major Countries (US$ Billion), 2015
Figure 11: Growth of Household Consumption Expenditure (%), 2005-2015
Figure 12: Rural and Urban Populations (millions) 2005, 2015 and 2020
Figure 13: Total Population and Growth Rate (Millions, %), 2005-2020
Figure 14: Population Split by Gender (%), 2015 and 2020
Figure 15: Population Split by Age Group (%), 2015 and 2020E
Figure 16: Per Capita Spend on Retail (CNY), 2005 and 2015
Figure 17: Per Capita Spend on Retail by Age Group (%), 2005 and 2015
Figure 18: The Changing Chinese Shopper
Figure 19: Chinese New Year sales 2011-2016
Figure 20: Single Day sales 2010-2015
Figure 21: Smartphone users and penetration in China 2014-2019e
Figure 22: Top 10 Tourist Destination for Chinese in 2015
Figure 23: Major Cities with High Spend on Retail
Figure 24: Top 10 Duty Free markets by value, 2015 and 2020 (US$ billion)
Figure 25: Key Components of Doing Business in China Matrix
Figure 26: Individual Income Tax and Enterprise Income Tax Rates in China
Figure 27: Key Market Entry Requirements for China 2015
Figure 28: Share of Health and Beauty in overall Retail 2015 and 2020
Figure 29: Retail Sales Value and Growth (CNY Billion, %) of Health and Beauty 2015-2020
Figure 30: Spend per Head on Health and Beauty 2015 and 2020
Figure 31: Online Spend in Health and Beauty 2015-2020
Figure 32: Online Share of total Health and Beauty Spend 2015 and 2020
Figure 33: Spending per Channel in Health and Beauty (%) 2015 and 2020
Figure 34: China Health and Beauty Retail Sales and Forecast (CNY bn), by Channel Group, 2010-2020
Figure 35: China Health and Beauty Retail Market Dynamics, by Channel Group, 2010-2020
Figure 36: China Health and Beauty Retail Sales and Forecast (CNY bn), by Category Group, 2010-2020
Figure 37: The Triangulated Market Sizing Methodology
Following are different modes of Licenses.
a. Single User License:
This license allows only one person to use the report. This person can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people. Unless you purchase a Site License or a Global Site License, a Single User License must be purchased for every single person that wishes to use the report within the same enterprise.
b. Single Site License:
This license allows unlimited users to use the report within one company location, e.g. a regional office. These users can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people.
c. Global Site License:
A Global Site License (or Enterprise wide Site License or Global License) is a license granted to original purchaser, who can share a report with other employees and authorized Users of the same organization.
1. How do you deliver the reports?
The delivery of reports is depends on format & mode of license of report(s). Following are different kinds of formats of report(s) and their delivery options :
a. Electronic Format – Through email from Publisher
Report will be sent to your username email address in PDF, Excel, PowerPoint or any other electronic / softcopy format by publisher.
Delivery Time: 12 to 48 hours [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
b. Hard Copy or Printed Format or CD-Rom – Through Mail or Courier from Publisher
Report will be sent through mail / courier delivery to your shipping address by publisher.
Delivery Time: Less than, few weeks [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
2. How can I make payment for publications I purchase?
You could be able to make the payment, in following ways:
a. Online Secure Payment through Credit Card Payment : We accept Visa, Master, AMEX Cards & CCAvenue
b. Transfer of fund to our bank account via Bank transfer or Wire transfer
c. Payment via DD or Cheque
3. Is it safe to use my credit card on MarketinfoResearch?
Your personal information and online tranaction on Marketinfo Research is secure, private, and tamper-proof. All credit card payments are processed through secure and trusted payment gateways.