Your Cart Is Empty!
- The health and beauty segment accounts for 4.6% of the overall retail sales in 2014
- Majority of the sales of health and beauty products are sold through offline channels including hypermarkets, supermarkets and hard-discounters.
- Sales through online channel are set to grow at a CAGR of 30.4% during 2014-2019
- An increasing number of retail outlets being set up by international as well as domestic retailers is set to drive the sales in the segment.
"Health and Beauty Retailing in Mexico - Market Summary and Forecasts" is a detailed sector report providing a comprehensive analysis of the emerging trends, forecasts and opportunities to 2019.
What else does this report offer?
- A thorough analysis of consumer trends changing economic and population factors
- Both qualitative and quantitative insights and analysis of the shifting health and beauty retail dynamics from 2009 to 2019
- Sales of health and beauty products through the following channels from 2009 to 2019: Hypermarkets, supermarkets and hard-discounters; department stores; online; drug stores and health and beauty stores; other general and non-specialist direct retailers; cash and carries and warehouse clubs; convenience stores (including independents) and gas stations; duty free retailers; value, variety stores, general merchandise retailers and vending machines
- An overview of key health and beauty retailers operating across Mexico and their presence across distribution channels
Reasons To Buy
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge on health and beauty sector in the Mexican retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behaviour trends in health and beauty category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing the consumer behavior
- Understand the performance of health and beauty product sector, with insights on performance across key channels from 2009, with forecasts until 2019
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the health and beauty market
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the health and beauty market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge - identify opportunities to improve your market share
Table of Contents
1.1 What is this Report About?
2 Executive Summary and Outlook
3 Market Context
3.1 A steadily growing economy with opportunities for retailers
3.1.1 A modest recovery in the economy, indicates a gradual improvement in retail spending
3.1.2 Declining savings rate shows a revival in retail consumption
3.1.3 Service remains the dominant sector for employment
3.1.4 Improving labor market set to drive retail spending
3.1.5 A stable and low inflation level may influence retail sales growth
3.1.6 Household consumption expenditure is set to grow with a rise in middle -income households
3.2 Swelling workforce and social upliftment in the economy will favor retail market
4 Mexican Shoppers
4.1 Demand for healthy food on a rise with increasing concerns over obesity
4.2 Luxury market continues to perform well with low tariffs and improving credit facilities
4.3 Working women and middle income households driving retail sales
4.4 Cash on delivery is the most preferred payment option among consumers
4.5 Increasing inbound tourists offering growth opportunities in retail sector
5 Doing Business in Mexico
5.1.2 Business culture
5.1.4 Infrastructure and logistics
5.2 The North American Free Trade (NAFTA) Agreement:
5.3 Key taxation policies
5.4 Renewed guidelines for the labelling of processed packed foods
5.5 Products need to be NOM certified prior importing into Mexico
6 Retail - Product Sectors
6.1 Product Sector Analysis
6.1.1 Health and Beauty
6.2 Health and Beauty Category Overview
6.2.1 Healthand Beauty by Channel
6.2.2 Health and Beauty by Category
6.3 Major Retailers
6.3.1 Health and Beauty
7.2 Summary Methodology
7.2.2 The triangulated market sizing method
7.2.3 Industry surveys in the creation of retail market data
7.2.4 Quality control and standardized processes
7.3 About Conlumino
List of Tables
Table 1: Mexico Health and Beauty Retail Sales (MXN mn), by Channel Group, 2009-2014
Table 2: Mexico Health and Beauty Retail Sales Forecast (MXN mn), by Channel Group, 2014-2019
Table 3: Mexico Health and Beauty Retail Sales (US$ mn), by Channel Group, 2009-2014
Table 4: Mexico Health and Beauty Retail Sales Forecast (US$ mn), by Channel Group, 2014-2019
Table 5: Mexico Health and Beauty Segmentation (% value), by Channel Group, 2009-2019
Table 6: Mexico Health and Beauty Retail Sales (MXN mn), by Category, 2009-2014
Table 7: Mexico Health and Beauty Retail Sales Forecast (MXN mn), by Category 2014-2019
Table 8: Mexico Health and Beauty Retail Sales (US$ mn), by Category, 2009-2014
Table 9: Mexico Health and Beauty Retail Sales Forecast (US$ mn), by Category 2014-2019
Table 10: Key Health and Beauty Retailers in Mexico
Table 11: Mexico Exchange Rate MXN-US$ (Annual Average), 2009-2014
Table 12: Mexico Exchange Rate MXN-US$ (Annual Average), 2015-2019
Table 13: Conlumino Retail Channel Definitions
Table 14: Conlumino Retail Category Definitions
List of Figures
Figure 1: GDP Values (Current US$) billion, 2008-2014
Figure 2: Growth Rate of GDP (Constant US$), 2008-2014
Figure 3: GDP Value and Growth (MXN billion, %), 2008-2014
Figure 4: Forecasts for GDP Value and Growth (MXN billion, %), 2014-2019
Figure 5: Personal Savings (%), 2004-2014
Figure 6: Share of Employment by Sector (%), 2004 and 2014
Figure 7: Unemployment Rate (%), 2005-2014
Figure 8: Inflation Growth Rates (%), 2004-2014
Figure 9: Household Consumption Expenditure of Mexico (MXN Billion), 2004 and 2014
Figure 10: Household Consumption Expenditure of Major Countries (US$ Billion), 2014
Figure 11: Growth of Household Consumption Expenditure (%), 2004-2014
Figure 12: Total Population and Growth Rate (Millions, %), 2004-2019
Figure 13: Population Split by Gender (%), 2014 and 2019E
Figure 14: Population Split by Age Group (%), 2014 and 2019E
Figure 15: Per Capita Spend on Retail (MXN), 2006 and 2014
Figure 16: Per Capita Spend (MXN) on Retail by Age Group (%), 2006 and 2014
Figure 17: Rural and Urban Populations (% of total population) 2004, 2014 and 2019E
Figure 18: Favorable Demographic Structure of Mexico
Figure 19: Online Payment Methods in Mexico
Figure 20: Number of international arrivals to Mexico (Thousands), 2009 and 2014
Figure 21: Major Cities with High Spend on Retail
Figure 22: Doing Business in Mexico
Figure 23: Share of Health and Beauty in overall Retail 2014 and 2019
Figure 24: Retail Sales Value and Growth (MXN billion, %) of Health and Beauty2014-2019
Figure 25: Spend-per-Head on Health and Beauty2014 and 2019
Figure 26: Online Spend in Health and Beauty2014-2019
Figure 27: Online Share of total Health and Beauty Spend 2014 and 2019
Figure 28: Spending per Channel in Health and Beauty (%) 2014 and 2019
Figure 29: Mexico Health and Beauty Retail Sales and Forecast (MXN mn), by Channel Group, 2009-2019
Figure 30: Mexico Health and Beauty Retail Market Dynamics, by Channel Group, 2009-2019
Figure 31: Mexico Health and Beauty Retail Sales and Forecast (MXN mn), by Category Group, 2009-2019
Figure 32: The Triangulated Market Sizing Methodology
Following are different modes of Licenses.
a. Single User License:
This license allows only one person to use the report. This person can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people. Unless you purchase a Site License or a Global Site License, a Single User License must be purchased for every single person that wishes to use the report within the same enterprise.
b. Single Site License:
This license allows unlimited users to use the report within one company location, e.g. a regional office. These users can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people.
c. Global Site License:
A Global Site License (or Enterprise wide Site License or Global License) is a license granted to original purchaser, who can share a report with other employees and authorized Users of the same organization.
1. How do you deliver the reports?
The delivery of reports is depends on format & mode of license of report(s). Following are different kinds of formats of report(s) and their delivery options :
a. Electronic Format – Through email from Publisher
Report will be sent to your username email address in PDF, Excel, PowerPoint or any other electronic / softcopy format by publisher.
Delivery Time: 12 to 48 hours [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
b. Hard Copy or Printed Format or CD-Rom – Through Mail or Courier from Publisher
Report will be sent through mail / courier delivery to your shipping address by publisher.
Delivery Time: Less than, few weeks [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
2. How can I make payment for publications I purchase?
You could be able to make the payment, in following ways:
a. Online Secure Payment through Credit Card Payment : We accept Visa, Master, AMEX Cards & CCAvenue
b. Transfer of fund to our bank account via Bank transfer or Wire transfer
c. Payment via DD or Cheque
3. Is it safe to use my credit card on MarketinfoResearch?
Your personal information and online tranaction on Marketinfo Research is secure, private, and tamper-proof. All credit card payments are processed through secure and trusted payment gateways.