Your Cart Is Empty!
- Access to a better or wider range of investment options is a particularly strong incentive for offshore investments among HNW individuals in less mature markets. However, this driver is also becoming increasingly important in developed markets as investors are eager to seek international diversification in light of rising correlations.
- 23.2% of HNW individuals invest offshore to gain tax efficiencies. However, this driver is only prominent in a number of countries - mainly those with unfavorable and complex tax systems.
- Recent market volatility and low interest rates in many countries across the globe have seen better returns offshore come in third as a driver for offshore investments.
- Currency volatility - driver number four - has become significantly more important over the past year thanks to ongoing divergence in global monetary policies.
- Political and economic instability is a strong driver for HNW individuals who fear for the long-term future of their assets. The main beneficiaries are offshore destinations with stable economies such as the UK, the US, and Switzerland, as investors are looking for safe havens for their money.
Verdict Financials "HNW Offshore Investment: Drivers and Motivations" draws on our 2015 Global Wealth Managers Survey to analyze the drivers behind offshore investments in the HNW space. It examines and contrasts HNW offshore investment preferences across 20 countries, providing readers with an in-depths understanding of what is motivating HNW investors to look for new homes for their wealth.
Specifically the report:
- Understand the global trends that are driving offshore investments in the HNW space.
- Compare how HNW offshore investment drivers differ across 20 countries.
- Learn why certain HNW offshore drivers are more relevant in some countries than in others and how this affects your business.
- Understand how to react to the constantly changing tax environment and adjust your offshore proposition accordingly.
- Understand how political and economic instability affects client preferences and how global markets shape investment behavior in the HNW space.
Reasons To Buy
- Understand how to best promote your offshore proposition.
- Review your service offering, and adjust it based on a detailed understanding of HNW investors offshore investment preferences.
- Give your marketing strategies the edge required and capture new clients using insights from our data on HNW drivers for investing offshore.
Table of Contents
HNW offshore investment is driven by a multitude of reasons
Critical success factors
GLOBAL TRENDS DRIVING HNW OFFSHORE INVESTMENTS
There are multiple drivers for HNW offshore investment
Other drivers include better returns offshore, concerns over currency volatility, and political or economic instability
Significant regional differences exist in the motivations for offshore investment
HNW offshore investment is driven by a multitude of factors
DETAILED DRIVER ANALYSIS
Country-level analysis reveals greater insight into HNW individuals motivations for offshore investment
Driver one: HNW individuals invest offshore to gain access to a broader and better range of investments
HNW investors in developing markets invest offshore to gain access to a wider range of financial products
A broader range of investment options allows HNW investors to achieve portfolio diversification benefits
Driver two: HNW individuals resident in countries with complex tax systems look for tax efficiency offshore
HNW investors in the West seek tax efficiency when investing offshore
Tax exchange agreements mean offshore investing for tax purposes has become more restrictive
Driver three: HNW investors are betting on better returns offshore
Low interest rates in Europe will continue to motivate investors to hold wealth offshore
Driver four: Currency volatility as a driver for offshore investments is becoming more important
South African investors offshore to hedge against the depreciation of the rand
Driver five: political and economic instability is a strong driver for HNW individuals who fear for the long-term future of their assets
Countries where political or economic instability is less of a concern benefit from strong HNW wealth inflows
Abbreviations and acronyms
Double taxation convention (DTC)
Exchange of information
Verdict Financials 2015 Global Wealth Managers Survey
About Verdict Financial
List of Tables
Table 1: HNW offshore investment drivers in the Americas, 2015
Table 2: HNW offshore investment drivers in Asia Pacific, 2015
Table 3: HNW offshore investment drivers in Central and Eastern Europe, 2015
Table 4: HNW offshore investment drivers in the Middle East and Africa, 2015
Table 5: HNW offshore investment drivers in Western Europe, 2015
List of Figures
Figure 1: Access to a greater range of investments is the primary driver for offshore investments
Figure 2: Reasons for investing offshore vary greatly by region
Figure 3: A better range of investment options is one of the main drivers behind offshore investments in the majority of countries surveyed
Figure 4: Tax efficiency is one of the main drivers behind offshore investments for many countries with high taxation
Figure 5: Hundreds of bilateral TIEAs have been signed since the financial crisis
Figure 6: Better returns offshore are motivating investors to internationalize their portfolios
Figure 7: Funds that provide international exposure allow for further diversification
Figure 8: Currency volatility left investors concerned in 2015
Figure 9: Currency volatility as a driver for offshore investments is becoming more important
Figure 10: The UK is the preferred booking center among South African HNW investors
Figure 11: Investec provides non-resident mortgages to South African HNW investors
Figure 12: UBS targets international HNW entrepreneurs with targeted offers
Figure 13: Political and economic instability figures strongly as a driver for offshore investments in a number of countries
Following are different modes of Licenses.
a. Single User License:
This license allows only one person to use the report. This person can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people. Unless you purchase a Site License or a Global Site License, a Single User License must be purchased for every single person that wishes to use the report within the same enterprise.
b. Single Site License:
This license allows unlimited users to use the report within one company location, e.g. a regional office. These users can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people.
c. Global Site License:
A Global Site License (or Enterprise wide Site License or Global License) is a license granted to original purchaser, who can share a report with other employees and authorized Users of the same organization.
1. How do you deliver the reports?
The delivery of reports is depends on format & mode of license of report(s). Following are different kinds of formats of report(s) and their delivery options :
a. Electronic Format – Through email from Publisher
Report will be sent to your username email address in PDF, Excel, PowerPoint or any other electronic / softcopy format by publisher.
Delivery Time: 12 to 48 hours [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
b. Hard Copy or Printed Format or CD-Rom – Through Mail or Courier from Publisher
Report will be sent through mail / courier delivery to your shipping address by publisher.
Delivery Time: Less than, few weeks [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
2. How can I make payment for publications I purchase?
You could be able to make the payment, in following ways:
a. Online Secure Payment through Credit Card Payment : We accept Visa, Master, AMEX Cards & CCAvenue
b. Transfer of fund to our bank account via Bank transfer or Wire transfer
c. Payment via DD or Cheque
3. Is it safe to use my credit card on MarketinfoResearch?
Your personal information and online tranaction on Marketinfo Research is secure, private, and tamper-proof. All credit card payments are processed through secure and trusted payment gateways.