Your Cart Is Empty!
- The home improvement market consists of the following segments: decorative materials; electrical hardware; hardware; non-decorative materials; and tools. The decorative materials segment includes paint, varnish, wall tiles, wallpaper, and woodcare products. Electrical hardware includes alarm systems, batteries, ceiling / wall lights, garden and outdoor lighting, sockets, plugs and switches, torches and portable lamps, and wiring / flex. Hardware includes brackets, locks, nails, nuts and bolts, screws and other hardware, such as base metal mountings, door fittings, etc. The non-decorative materials segment includes adhesives, aggregates, board, cement, doors and window frames, glass, plaster, plumbing supplies, timber, and other non-decorative materials, such as bricks, sand, etc. The tools segment includes manual and power tools. Market values are calculated at retail selling prices (RSP). Any currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant annual average 2014 exchange rates. The abbreviation DIY in this profile refers to do-it-yourself, an alternative term to home improvement used in certain countries.
- The Chinese home improvement market had total revenues of $179.0bn in 2014, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 21.5% between 2010 and 2014.
- The non-decorative materials segment was the markets most lucrative in 2014, with total revenues of $75.2bn, equivalent to 42% of the markets overall value.
- The performance of the market is forecast to decelerate, with an anticipated CAGR of 9.2% for the five-year period 2014 - 2019, which is expected to drive the market to a value of $277.7bn by the end of 2019.
Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the home improvement market in China
Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the home improvement market in China
Leading company profiles reveal details of key home improvement market players global operations and financial performance
Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the China home improvement market with five year forecasts
Macroeconomic indicators provide insight into general trends within the China economy
Reasons To Buy
What was the size of the China home improvement market by value in 2014?
What will be the size of the China home improvement market in 2019?
What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the China home improvement market?
How has the market performed over the last five years?
What are the main segments that make up Chinas home improvement market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 8
Market value 8
Market Segmentation 9
Category segmentation 9
Geography segmentation 10
Market Outlook 11
Market value forecast 11
Five Forces Analysis 12
Buyer power 13
Supplier power 14
New entrants 15
Threat of substitutes 16
Degree of rivalry 17
Leading Companies 18
Alibaba Group Holding Limited 18
Pricerite Stores Ltd. 20
Wumart Stores, Inc. 21
Macroeconomic Indicators 24
Country Data 24
Industry associations 27
Related MarketLine research 27
About MarketLine 28
LIST OF TABLES
Table 1: China home improvement market value: $ billion, 2010-14 8
Table 2: China home improvement market category segmentation: $ billion, 2014 9
Table 3: China home improvement market geography segmentation: $ billion, 2014 10
Table 4: China home improvement market value forecast: $ billion, 2014-19 11
Table 5: Alibaba Group Holding Limited: key facts 18
Table 6: Pricerite Stores Ltd.: key facts 20
Table 7: Wumart Stores, Inc.: key facts 21
Table 8: Wumart Stores, Inc.: key financials ($) 21
Table 9: Wumart Stores, Inc.: key financials (CNY) 22
Table 10: Wumart Stores, Inc.: key financial ratios 22
Table 11: China size of population (million), 2010-14 24
Table 12: China gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2010-14 24
Table 13: China gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2010-14 24
Table 14: China inflation, 2010-14 25
Table 15: China consumer price index (absolute), 2010-14 25
Table 16: China exchange rate, 2010-14 25
LIST OF FIGURES
Figure 1: China home improvement market value: $ billion, 2010-14 8
Figure 2: China home improvement market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2014 9
Figure 3: China home improvement market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2014 10
Figure 4: China home improvement market value forecast: $ billion, 2014-19 11
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the home improvement market in China, 2014 12
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the home improvement market in China, 2014 13
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the home improvement market in China, 2014 14
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the home improvement market in China, 2014 15
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the home improvement market in China, 2014 16
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the home improvement market in China, 2014 17
Figure 11: Wumart Stores, Inc.: revenues and profitability 22
Figure 12: Wumart Stores, Inc.: assets and liabilities 23
Pricerite Stores Ltd.
Wumart Stores, Inc.
Following are different modes of Licenses.
a. Single User License:
This license allows only one person to use the report. This person can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people. Unless you purchase a Site License or a Global Site License, a Single User License must be purchased for every single person that wishes to use the report within the same enterprise.
b. Single Site License:
This license allows unlimited users to use the report within one company location, e.g. a regional office. These users can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people.
c. Global Site License:
A Global Site License (or Enterprise wide Site License or Global License) is a license granted to original purchaser, who can share a report with other employees and authorized Users of the same organization.
1. How do you deliver the reports?
The delivery of reports is depends on format & mode of license of report(s). Following are different kinds of formats of report(s) and their delivery options :
a. Electronic Format – Through email from Publisher
Report will be sent to your username email address in PDF, Excel, PowerPoint or any other electronic / softcopy format by publisher.
Delivery Time: 12 to 48 hours [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
b. Hard Copy or Printed Format or CD-Rom – Through Mail or Courier from Publisher
Report will be sent through mail / courier delivery to your shipping address by publisher.
Delivery Time: Less than, few weeks [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
2. How can I make payment for publications I purchase?
You could be able to make the payment, in following ways:
a. Online Secure Payment through Credit Card Payment : We accept Visa, Master, AMEX Cards & CCAvenue
b. Transfer of fund to our bank account via Bank transfer or Wire transfer
c. Payment via DD or Cheque
3. Is it safe to use my credit card on MarketinfoResearch?
Your personal information and online tranaction on Marketinfo Research is secure, private, and tamper-proof. All credit card payments are processed through secure and trusted payment gateways.