Your Cart Is Empty!
- The demand for software and IT services is driven by the core industries of Germany (including retail and manufacturing), who are increasing their software and services adoption to improve their competitiveness, decrease their time to market, and improve their production capabilities.
- Expenditure on network and servers was driven by new IT investments and the increased adoption of advanced technologies such as cloud computing and mobility.
- Furthermore, German enterprises are investing in third-party security services and application services to bridge the gaps in their skills and competence and ensure better operating efficiency.
ICT investment trends in Germany presents the findings from a survey of 125 German enterprises regarding their Information and Communications Technology (ICT) investment trends. The survey investigates how German enterprises currently allocate their ICT budgets across the core areas of enterprise ICT expenditure: hardware, software, IT services, communications, and consulting. The report illustrates the core technologies that enterprises are investing in, including business intelligence, mobility, Internet of Things (IoT), and cloud computing. The survey also highlights the approach to purchasing technology adopted by enterprises in Germany. Through Kable's survey, the report aims to provide a better insight to ICT vendors and service providers when pitching their solutions to enterprises in Germany.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
- How ICT budgets are set to change in 2016 in terms of their overall size
- Allocation across the core elements of IT spend, including hardware, software, services, communications, and consulting
- Distribution of ICT money in areas such as the networks, applications, service desk, and data centers
- Which ICT functions German enterprises are interested in outsourcing
- German enterprises' investment priorities based on their budget allocations across core technology categories such as business intelligence, mobility, Internet of Things (IoT), and cloud computing
- Factors that are influencing German enterprises' investments in each technology category
- How German enterprises' IT budgets are currently allocated across various segments within a technology category
- German enterprises' distribution of their ICT budget across various segments within a technology category
- Vendor satisfaction ratings for various core and advanced technology categories
- Insight into German enterprises' preferred buying approaches
- Business and IT objectives that German enterprises are looking to achieve through their IT investment strategies
- Factors that are influencing German enterprises' decisions to select an ICT provider
Reasons To Buy
- Understand how German enterprises ICT landscape is set to change in 2016 to prioritize your target market
- Comprehend how ICT Euros are being allocated by German enterprises in specific geographies and size bands to improve your market penetration
- Make effective business decisions by recognizing the opportunities within each of the core areas of ICT spend (hardware, software, IT services, telecommunications, and consulting)
- Realign your sales initiatives by understanding the current strategic objectives of German enterprises
- Enhance your market segmentation with the included, detailed breakdown of opportunities within selected technology categories (business intelligence, mobility, Internet of Things (IoT), and cloud computing)
- Prioritize your focus areas by understanding which factors are influencing German enterprises' decisions when selecting an ICT provider
- Understand the changes in customers' priorities and identify the business and IT objectives that German enterprises are looking to achieve through their ICT investment strategies
Table of Contents
1.2 Survey demographics
1.3 ICT budget changes
1.4 ICT budget allocation by core technology area
1.4.1 Hardware budget breakdown
1.4.2 Software budget breakdowns
1.4.3 Third party IT services expenditure
1.4.4 Communications expenditure
1.4.5 Cloud computing budget
1.5 ICT budget allocation by function
1.6 Outsourced IT functions
2 ICT investment priorities and vendor satisfaction
2.1.1 Business intelligence
2.1.1 Mobility management
2.1.1 Internet of things (IoT)
2.1.1 Cloud computing
3 ICT procurement trends
3.2 Business objectives influencing IT investment strategy
3.3 ICT provider selection
3.4 Key decision maker for purchasing technology
4.1 German enterprises are investing in various ICT domains in 2016 to achieve differentiation and gain a competitive advantage
5.2 Further reading
5.3 Contact the authors
List of Figures
Figure 1: German enterprise ICT survey industry breakdown
Figure 2: German enterprise ICT survey breakdown by size band (number of employees)
Figure 3: Recent and expected ICT budget changes among German enterprises
Figure 4: German enterprises' (external) ICT budget allocation, 2015 and 2016
Figure 5: German enterprises' average hardware budget allocation
Figure 6: Average allocation of software budgets in German enterprise market
Figure 7: German enterprises' average IT services budget allocation
Figure 8: German enterprises' average communications expenditure
Figure 9: German enterprises' average cloud computing budget allocation by technology
Figure 10: German enterprises' average cloud computing budget allocation by implementation type
Figure 11: German enterprises' ICT budget allocation by function, 2015 and 2016
Figure 12: Outsourced IT functions - German enterprises' current and future outsourcing priorities
Figure 13: Business intelligence - German enterprises' current and future investment priorities
Figure 14: Business intelligence - selected primary provider and vendor satisfaction among German enterprises
Figure 15: Mobility management - German enterprises' current and future investment priorities
Figure 16: Mobility management - selected primary provider and vendor satisfaction among German enterprises
Figure 17: IoT - German enterprises' current and future investment priorities
Figure 18: IoT - selected primary provider and vendor satisfaction among German enterprises
Figure 19: Cloud computing - German enterprises' current and future investment priorities
Figure 20: Cloud computing - selected primary provider and vendor satisfaction among German enterprises
Figure 21: Business objectives which influence German enterprises' IT investment strategy
Figure 22: Factors influencing German enterprises' decision to choose an ICT provider
Figure 23: Role of key entities in making ICT purchasing decisions
Bosch Software Innovations
Following are different modes of Licenses.
a. Single User License:
This license allows only one person to use the report. This person can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people. Unless you purchase a Site License or a Global Site License, a Single User License must be purchased for every single person that wishes to use the report within the same enterprise.
b. Single Site License:
This license allows unlimited users to use the report within one company location, e.g. a regional office. These users can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people.
c. Global Site License:
A Global Site License (or Enterprise wide Site License or Global License) is a license granted to original purchaser, who can share a report with other employees and authorized Users of the same organization.
1. How do you deliver the reports?
The delivery of reports is depends on format & mode of license of report(s). Following are different kinds of formats of report(s) and their delivery options :
a. Electronic Format – Through email from Publisher
Report will be sent to your username email address in PDF, Excel, PowerPoint or any other electronic / softcopy format by publisher.
Delivery Time: 12 to 48 hours [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
b. Hard Copy or Printed Format or CD-Rom – Through Mail or Courier from Publisher
Report will be sent through mail / courier delivery to your shipping address by publisher.
Delivery Time: Less than, few weeks [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
2. How can I make payment for publications I purchase?
You could be able to make the payment, in following ways:
a. Online Secure Payment through Credit Card Payment : We accept Visa, Master, AMEX Cards & CCAvenue
b. Transfer of fund to our bank account via Bank transfer or Wire transfer
c. Payment via DD or Cheque
3. Is it safe to use my credit card on MarketinfoResearch?
Your personal information and online tranaction on Marketinfo Research is secure, private, and tamper-proof. All credit card payments are processed through secure and trusted payment gateways.