Your Cart Is Empty!
- Transformation in the healthcare industry is being powered by the widespread adoption of cloud, analytics, mobile, and social technologies that allow more effective use of resources across the healthcare continuum.
- Although healthcare IT has the potential to reduce costs in the long term, upfront costs will serve as a barrier to adoption and implementation.
- Although the penetration rate for cloud computing solutions is relatively low among healthcare providers, the adoption of the on-demand model is set to witness an upward momentum in the coming years.
This report presents the findings from a survey of 149 healthcare providers regarding their Information and Communications Technology (ICT) investment trends. The survey investigates how healthcare providers currently allocate their ICT budgets across the core areas of enterprise ICT expenditure, hardware, software, IT services, communications and consulting.
The report illustrates the core technologies enterprises are investing in, including mobility, communications and collaboration, and cloud computing. The survey also highlights the approach adopted by healthcare providers to purchase technology. Through Kable's survey, the report aims to provide better insight to ICT vendors and service providers when pitching their solutions to healthcare providers. The report also focuses on healthcare providers' ICT spending trends for specific business areas and technologies, identifying the top three IT projects, and plans for upgrades in healthcare systems.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
- How ICT budgets are set to change in 2015 in terms of their overall size
- Allocation across the core elements of IT spend, including hardware, software, services, communications, and consulting
- Distribution of ICT money in areas such as the networks, applications, service desk, and data centers
- Which ICT functions healthcare providers are interested in outsourcing
- Healthcare providers' investment priorities based on their budget allocations across core technology categories such as mobility, communications and collaboration, and cloud computing
- Factors that are influencing healthcare providers' investments in each technology category
- How healthcare providers' IT budgets are currently allocated across various segments within a technology category
- Healthcare providers' distribution of their ICT budget across various segments within a technology category
- Vendor satisfaction ratings for various core and advanced technology categories
- Insight into healthcare providers' preferred buying approaches
- Business and IT objectives that healthcare providers are looking to achieve through their IT investment strategies
- Factors that are influencing healthcare providers' decisions to select an ICT provider
Reasons To Buy
- Understand how the healthcare ICT landscape is set to change in 2015 to prioritize your target market
- Comprehend how ICT money are being allocated by healthcare providers in specific geographies and size bands to improve your market penetration
- Make effective business decisions by recognizing the opportunities within each of the core areas of ICT spend (hardware, software, IT services, telecommunications, and consulting)
- Realign your sales initiatives by understanding the current strategic objectives of healthcare providers
- Enhance your market segmentation with the included, detailed breakdown of opportunities within selected technology categories (mobility, communications and collaboration, and cloud computing)
- Prioritize your focus areas by understanding which factors are influencing healthcare providers' decisions when selecting an ICT provider
- Understand the changes in customers' priorities and identify the business and IT objectives that healthcare providers are looking to achieve through their ICT investment strategies
Table of Contents
1.2 Survey demographics
1.3 ICT budget changes
1.4 ICT budget allocation by core technology area
1.4.1 Hardware budget breakdown
1.4.2 Software budget breakdowns
1.4.3 Third party IT services expenditure
1.4.4 Cloud computing budget
1.5 ICT budget allocation by function
1.6 Outsourced IT functions
2 ICT investment priorities and vendor satisfaction
2.1.2 Communications and collaboration
2.1.3 Cloud computing
3 ICT procurement trends
3.2 Business objectives and IT objectives influencing IT investment strategy
3.3 ICT provider selection
4 Sector-specific trends
4.2 IT expenditure plans for specific business areas
4.3 Business areas receiving the largest investments
4.4 Upgrades in healthcare systems
5.1 Healthcare providers are placing great emphasis on their ICT investments to improve the quality of their services
6.2 Further reading
6.3 Contact the authors
List of Figures
Figure 1: Healthcare - ICT survey geographic breakdown
Figure 2: Healthcare - ICT survey breakdown by size band (number of employees)
Figure 3: Recent and expected ICT budget changes among healthcare providers
Figure 4: Healthcare providers' (external) ICT budget allocation, 2014 and 2015
Figure 5: Healthcare providers' average hardware budget allocation
Figure 6: Average allocation of software budgets in healthcare market
Figure 7: Healthcare providers' average IT services budget allocation
Figure 8: Healthcare providers' average cloud computing budget allocation by technology
Figure 9: Healthcare providers' average cloud computing budget allocation by implementation type
Figure 10: Healthcare providers' ICT budget allocation by function, 2014 and 2015
Figure 11: Outsourced IT functions - Healthcare providers' current and future outsourcing priorities
Figure 12: Mobility - Healthcare providers' current and future investment priorities
Figure 13: Mobility - selected primary provider and vendor satisfaction among healthcare providers
Figure 14: Communications and collaboration - Healthcare providers' current and future investment priorities
Figure 15: Communications and collaboration - selected primary provider and vendor satisfaction among healthcare providers
Figure 16: Cloud computing - Healthcare providers' current and future investment priorities
Figure 17: Cloud computing - selected primary provider and vendor satisfaction among healthcare providers
Figure 18: Business objectives and IT objectives which influence healthcare providers' IT investment strategy
Figure 19: Factors influencing healthcare providers' decision to choose an ICT provider
Figure 20: IT expenditure plans in 2015 compared to 2014, for specific business areas within healthcare..
Figure 21: Top three IT projects in 2015 for healthcare providers
Figure 22: Upgrade status of the following systems within healthcare
Following are different modes of Licenses.
a. Single User License:
This license allows only one person to use the report. This person can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people. Unless you purchase a Site License or a Global Site License, a Single User License must be purchased for every single person that wishes to use the report within the same enterprise.
b. Single Site License:
This license allows unlimited users to use the report within one company location, e.g. a regional office. These users can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people.
c. Global Site License:
A Global Site License (or Enterprise wide Site License or Global License) is a license granted to original purchaser, who can share a report with other employees and authorized Users of the same organization.
1. How do you deliver the reports?
The delivery of reports is depends on format & mode of license of report(s). Following are different kinds of formats of report(s) and their delivery options :
a. Electronic Format – Through email from Publisher
Report will be sent to your username email address in PDF, Excel, PowerPoint or any other electronic / softcopy format by publisher.
Delivery Time: 12 to 48 hours [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
b. Hard Copy or Printed Format or CD-Rom – Through Mail or Courier from Publisher
Report will be sent through mail / courier delivery to your shipping address by publisher.
Delivery Time: Less than, few weeks [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
2. How can I make payment for publications I purchase?
You could be able to make the payment, in following ways:
a. Online Secure Payment through Credit Card Payment : We accept Visa, Master, AMEX Cards & CCAvenue
b. Transfer of fund to our bank account via Bank transfer or Wire transfer
c. Payment via DD or Cheque
3. Is it safe to use my credit card on MarketinfoResearch?
Your personal information and online tranaction on Marketinfo Research is secure, private, and tamper-proof. All credit card payments are processed through secure and trusted payment gateways.