Your Cart Is Empty!
- To offset declining sales from the patent cliff, companies are expanding into emerging markets in order to increase their market share, which is in turn leading to increasing investments in their core ICT categories of hardware, software, and IT services.
- Kable expects mobility and cloud computing to gain momentum in the next two years, and companies are set to increase spending on these advance technologies in order to enhance their competitiveness.
- Meanwhile, pharmaceutical companies are prioritizing their ICT investments relating to clinical and pre-clinical research to drive future RandD requirements.
ICT investment trends in pharmaceuticals presents the findings from a survey of 95 pharmaceutical companies regarding their Information and Communications Technology (ICT) investment trends. The survey investigates how pharmaceutical companies currently allocate their ICT budgets across the core areas of enterprise ICT expenditure: hardware, software, IT services, communications, and consulting.
The report illustrates the core technologies banks are investing in, including business intelligence, mobility and cloud computing. Understand the approach adopted by pharmaceutical companies to purchase technology and get a better insight into ICT vendors and services providers when pitching their solutions to pharmaceutical companies. The report also focuses on pharmaceutical companies' ICT spending trends for specific business systems, identifying the top three IT projects, and understanding the business challenges faced by companies.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
- How ICT budgets are set to change in 2015 in terms of their overall size
- Allocation across the core elements of IT spend, including hardware, software, services, communications, and consulting
- Distribution of ICT money in areas such as the networks, applications, service desk, and data centers
- Which ICT functions pharmaceutical companies are interested in outsourcing
- Pharmaceuticals' investment priorities based on their budget allocations across core technology categories such as business intelligence, mobility, and cloud computing
- Factors that are influencing pharmaceutical companies' investments in each technology category
- How pharmaceutical companies' IT budgets are currently allocated across various segments within a technology category
- Pharmaceutical companies' distribution of their ICT budget across various segments within a technology category
- Vendor satisfaction ratings for various core and advanced technology categories
- Insight into pharmaceutical companies' preferred buying approaches
- Business and IT objectives that pharmaceutical companies are looking to achieve through their IT investment strategies
- Factors that are influencing pharmaceutical companies' decisions to select an ICT provider
Reasons To Buy
- Understand how the pharmaceutical companies ICT landscape is set to change in 2015 to prioritize your target market
- Comprehend how ICT money are being allocated by pharmaceutical companies in specific geographies and size bands to improve your market penetration
- Make effective business decisions by recognizing the opportunities within each of the core areas of ICT spend (hardware, software, IT services, telecommunications, and consulting)
- Realign your sales initiatives by understanding the current strategic objectives of pharmaceutical companies
- Enhance your market segmentation with the included, detailed breakdown of opportunities within selected technology categories (business intelligence, mobility, and cloud computing)
- Prioritize your focus areas by understanding which factors are influencing pharmaceutical companies' decisions when selecting an ICT provider
- Understand the changes in customers' priorities and identify the business and IT objectives that pharmaceutical companies are looking to achieve through their ICT investment strategies
Table of Contents
1.2 Survey demographics
1.3 ICT budget changes
1.4 ICT budget allocation by core technology area
1.4.1 Hardware budget breakdown
1.4.2 Software budget breakdowns
1.4.3 Third party IT services expenditure
1.4.4 Cloud computing budget
1.5 ICT budget allocation by function
1.6 Outsourced IT functions
2 ICT investment priorities and vendor satisfaction
2.1.1 Business intelligence
2.1.3 Cloud computing
3 ICT procurement trends
3.2 Business objectives and IT objectives influencing IT investment strategy
3.3 ICT provider selection
4 Sector-specific trends
4.2 IT expenditure plans for specific technology areas
4.3 Business areas receiving the largest investments
4.4 Business challenges
5.1 Pharmaceutical companies are increasingly looking towards advanced technologies to stay ahead of the intense competition
6.2 Further reading
6.3 Contact the authors
List of Figures
Figure 1: Pharmaceuticals - ICT survey geographic breakdown
Figure 2: Pharmaceuticals - ICT survey breakdown by size band (number of employees)
Figure 3: Recent and expected ICT budget changes among pharmaceutical companies
Figure 4: Pharmaceutical companies' (external) ICT budget allocation, 2014 and 2015
Figure 5: Pharmaceutical companies' average hardware budget allocation
Figure 6: Average allocation of software budgets in pharmaceutical companies
Figure 7: Pharmaceutical companies' average IT services budget allocation
Figure 8: Pharmaceutical companies' average cloud computing budget allocation by technology
Figure 9: Pharmaceutical companies' average cloud computing budget allocation by implementation type...
Figure 10:Pharmaceutical companies' ICT budget allocation by function, 2014 and 2015
Figure 11: Outsourced IT functions - Pharmaceutical companies' current and future outsourcing priorities
Figure 12: Business intelligence -Pharmaceutical companies' current and future investment priorities
Figure 13: Business intelligence - selected primary provider and vendor satisfaction among pharmaceutical companies
Figure 14:Mobility - Pharmaceutical companies' current and future investment priorities
Figure 15:Mobility - selected primary provider and vendor satisfaction among pharmaceutical companies.
Figure 16: Cloud computing - Pharmaceutical companies' current and future investment priorities
Figure 17: Cloud computing - selected primary provider and vendor satisfaction among pharmaceutical companies
Figure 18: Business objectives and IT objectives which influence pharmaceutical companies' IT investment strategy
Figure 19: Factors influencing pharmaceutical companies' decision to choose an ICT provider
Figure 20: IT expenditure plans in 2015 compared to 2014, for specific technology areas within pharmaceutical companies
Figure 21: Top three IT projects in 2015 for pharmaceutical companies
Figure 22: Importance of the following business challenges for pharmaceutical companies
Middle East Infoway
Following are different modes of Licenses.
a. Single User License:
This license allows only one person to use the report. This person can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people. Unless you purchase a Site License or a Global Site License, a Single User License must be purchased for every single person that wishes to use the report within the same enterprise.
b. Single Site License:
This license allows unlimited users to use the report within one company location, e.g. a regional office. These users can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people.
c. Global Site License:
A Global Site License (or Enterprise wide Site License or Global License) is a license granted to original purchaser, who can share a report with other employees and authorized Users of the same organization.
1. How do you deliver the reports?
The delivery of reports is depends on format & mode of license of report(s). Following are different kinds of formats of report(s) and their delivery options :
a. Electronic Format – Through email from Publisher
Report will be sent to your username email address in PDF, Excel, PowerPoint or any other electronic / softcopy format by publisher.
Delivery Time: 12 to 48 hours [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
b. Hard Copy or Printed Format or CD-Rom – Through Mail or Courier from Publisher
Report will be sent through mail / courier delivery to your shipping address by publisher.
Delivery Time: Less than, few weeks [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
2. How can I make payment for publications I purchase?
You could be able to make the payment, in following ways:
a. Online Secure Payment through Credit Card Payment : We accept Visa, Master, AMEX Cards & CCAvenue
b. Transfer of fund to our bank account via Bank transfer or Wire transfer
c. Payment via DD or Cheque
3. Is it safe to use my credit card on MarketinfoResearch?
Your personal information and online tranaction on Marketinfo Research is secure, private, and tamper-proof. All credit card payments are processed through secure and trusted payment gateways.