Your Cart Is Empty!
- Kable's survey shows that in order to harness potential benefits including consumer satisfaction, enhanced revenue streams, and cost savings, telcos are actively investing in core technology areas.
- With respect to investments in the core areas of ICT expenditure, including hardware, software, and IT services, the survey reveals that respondents are increasing their investments in clients, software licenses, and application development and integration services.
- Meanwhile, cutting costs, increasing revenues, and improving efficiencies are the primary business objectives for telcos.
ICT investment trends in telco/service providers (telcos) presents the findings from a survey of 145 telcos regarding their Information and Communications Technology (ICT) investment trends. The survey investigates how telcos currently allocate their ICT budgets across the core areas of enterprise ICT expenditure: hardware, software, IT services, communications, and consulting.
The report illustrates the core technologies telcos are investing in, including security products, green IT and virtualization, and mobility. Understand the approach adopted by telcos to purchase technology and get a better insight into ICT vendors and services providers when pitching their solutions to telcos.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
- How ICT budgets are set to change in 2015 in terms of their overall size
- Allocation across the core elements of IT spend, including hardware, software, services, communications, and consulting
- Distribution of ICT money in areas such as the networks, applications, service desk, and data centers
- Which ICT functions telcos are interested in outsourcing
- Telcos' investment priorities based on their budget allocations across core technology categories such as security products, green IT and virtualization, and mobility
- Factors that are influencing telcos' investments in each technology category
- How telcos' IT budgets are currently allocated across various segments within a technology category
- Telcos' distribution of their ICT budget across various segments within a technology category
- Vendor satisfaction ratings for various core and advanced technology categories
- Insight into telcos' preferred buying approaches
- Business and IT objectives that telcos are looking to achieve through their IT investment strategies
- Factors that are influencing telcos' decisions to select an ICT provider
Reasons To Buy
- Understand how the telcos ICT landscape is set to change in 2015 to prioritize your target market
- Comprehend how ICT money are being allocated by telcos in specific geographies and size bands to improve your market penetration
- Make effective business decisions by recognizing the opportunities within each of the core areas of ICT spend (hardware, software, IT services, telecommunications, and consulting)
- Realign your sales initiatives by understanding the current strategic objectives of telcos
- Enhance your market segmentation with the included, detailed breakdown of opportunities within selected technology categories (security products, green IT and virtualization, and mobility)
- Prioritize your focus areas by understanding which factors are influencing telcos' decisions when selecting an ICT provider
- Understand the changes in customers' priorities and identify the business and IT objectives that telcos are looking to achieve through their ICT investment strategies
Table of Contents
1.2 Survey demographics
1.3 ICT budget changes
1.4 ICT budget allocation by core technology area
1.4.1 Hardware budget breakdown
1.4.2 Software budget breakdowns
1.4.3 Third party IT services expenditure
1.4.4 Cloud computing budget
1.5 ICT budget allocation by function
1.6 Outsourced IT functions
2 ICT investment priorities and vendor satisfaction
2.1.1 Security products
2.1.2 Green IT and virtualization
3 ICT procurement trends
3.2 Business objectives and IT objectives influencing IT investment strategy
3.3 ICT provider selection
4.1 Telcos/service providers are investing in various ICT domains in 2015 to achieve digital advantage
5.2 Further reading
5.3 Contact the authors
List of Figures
Figure 1: Telco/service providers - ICT survey geographic breakdown
Figure 2: Telco/service providers ICT survey breakdown by size band (number of employees)
Figure 3: Recent and expected ICT budget changes among telcos
Figure 4: Telco/service providers' (external) ICT budget allocation, 2014 and 2015
Figure 5: Telco/service providers' average hardware budget allocation
Figure 6: Average allocation of software budgets in telecom market
Figure 7: Telco/service providers' average IT services budget allocation
Figure 8: Telco/service providers' average cloud computing budget allocation by technology
Figure 9: Telco/service providers' average cloud computing budget allocation by implementation type
Figure 10: Telco/service providers' ICT budget allocation by function, 2014 and 2015
Figure 11: Outsourced IT functions - Telco/service providers' current and future outsourcing priorities
Figure 12: Security products - Telco/service providers' current and future investment priorities
Figure 13: Security products - selected primary provider and vendor satisfaction among telcos
Figure 14: Green IT and virtualization - Telcos' current and future investment priorities
Figure 15: Green IT and virtualization - selected primary provider and vendor satisfaction among telcos
Figure 16: Mobility - Telcos' current and future investment priorities
Figure 17: Mobility - selected primary provider and vendor satisfaction among telcos
Figure 18: Business objectives and IT objectives which influence telcos' IT investment strategy
Figure 19: Factors influencing telcos' decision to choose an ICT provider
Following are different modes of Licenses.
a. Single User License:
This license allows only one person to use the report. This person can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people. Unless you purchase a Site License or a Global Site License, a Single User License must be purchased for every single person that wishes to use the report within the same enterprise.
b. Single Site License:
This license allows unlimited users to use the report within one company location, e.g. a regional office. These users can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people.
c. Global Site License:
A Global Site License (or Enterprise wide Site License or Global License) is a license granted to original purchaser, who can share a report with other employees and authorized Users of the same organization.
1. How do you deliver the reports?
The delivery of reports is depends on format & mode of license of report(s). Following are different kinds of formats of report(s) and their delivery options :
a. Electronic Format – Through email from Publisher
Report will be sent to your username email address in PDF, Excel, PowerPoint or any other electronic / softcopy format by publisher.
Delivery Time: 12 to 48 hours [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
b. Hard Copy or Printed Format or CD-Rom – Through Mail or Courier from Publisher
Report will be sent through mail / courier delivery to your shipping address by publisher.
Delivery Time: Less than, few weeks [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
2. How can I make payment for publications I purchase?
You could be able to make the payment, in following ways:
a. Online Secure Payment through Credit Card Payment : We accept Visa, Master, AMEX Cards & CCAvenue
b. Transfer of fund to our bank account via Bank transfer or Wire transfer
c. Payment via DD or Cheque
3. Is it safe to use my credit card on MarketinfoResearch?
Your personal information and online tranaction on Marketinfo Research is secure, private, and tamper-proof. All credit card payments are processed through secure and trusted payment gateways.