Your Cart Is Empty!
- Jewelry, watches and accessories accounts for a small share of the total retail sales in Germany.
- Specialist retailers were the most preferred channel for customers, having accounted for 63% of jewelry, watches and accessories sales in 2014
- Customers are increasingly browsing online and social media to make informed decisions while buying luxury items.
- Sales through online channel stood at 7.6% of the total sales in the sector in 2014 and are expected to reach 13% by 2019.
"Jewelry, Watches and Accessories Retailing in Germany - Market Summary and Forecasts" " is a detailed sector report providing a comprehensive analysis of the emerging trends, forecasts and opportunities to 2019
What else does this report offer?
- A thorough analysis of consumer trends changing economic and population factors
- Both qualitative and quantitative insights and analysis of the shifting jewelry, watches and accessories retail dynamics from 2009 to 2019
- Sales of jewelry, watches and accessories through the following channels from 2009 to 2019: Clothing, footwear, accessories and luxury goods specialists; department stores; other specialist retailers; online; hypermarkets, supermarkets and hard-discounters; other general and non-specialist direct retailers; duty free retailers
- An overview of key jewelry, watches and accessories retailers operating across Germany and their presence across distribution channels
Reasons To Buy
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge on jewelry, watches and accessories sector in the German retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behaviour trends in jewelry, watches and accessories category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing the consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest growing categories including jewelry, watches and accessories, with insights on performance across key channels from 2009, with forecasts until 2019
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the jewelry, watches and accessories market
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the jewelry, watches and accessories market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge - identify opportunities to improve your market share
Table of Contents
1.1 What is this Report About?
2 Executive Summary and Outlook
3 Market Context
3.1 Strong European economy offers growth opportunities for retailers
3.1.1 Steady global economic growth set to drive the export oriented German economy
3.1.2 Declining household savings rate set to fuel consumption
3.1.3 Services sector remains the dominant sector for employment
3.1.4 Falling unemployment rates increase consumer confidence
3.1.5 Deflation might create concern for the German economy
3.1.6 Increasing household consumption opens growth avenues for retailers
3.2 A negative population growth rate will affect long term prospects for retail
4 German Shoppers
4.1 Growing aging population and single households in Germany open new opportunities for retailers
4.2 Online Shopping clubs generate mass awareness among German consumers
4.3 Consumers prefer online shopping to visiting stores during holiday seasons
4.4 Rise in smartphone users to boost m-commerce in Germany
4.5 German consumers research multiple channels before making a purchase
4.6 Organic food and grocery retailing is expanding its niche
4.7 Increasing inbound tourists are offering growth opportunities in luxury retail
5 Doing Business in Germany
5.1.2 Business culture
5.1.3 Infrastructure and logistics
5.2 EU consumer rights directive came into force in 2014
5.3 German parliament (Bundestag) introduces minimum wages law
5.4 The protective nature of labor and retail laws can be an impediment for retailers' growth
5.5 Multiple location options available for retailers to spread their network profitably in the country
6 Retail - Product Sectors
6.1 Product Sector Analysis
6.1.1 Jewelry, Watches, and Accessories
6.2 Jewelry, Watches and Accessories Category Overview
6.2.1 Jewelry, Watches and Accessories
6.3 Major Retailers
6.3.1 Jewelry, Watches and Accessories
7.2 Summary Methodology
7.2.2 The triangulated market sizing method
7.2.3 Industry surveys in the creation of retail market data
7.2.4 Quality control and standardized processes
7.3 About Conlumino
List of Tables
Table 1: Major Organic food retailers in Germany
Table 2: Germany Jewelry, Watches and Accessories Retail Sales (EUR mn), by Channel Group, 2009-2014
Table 3: Germany Jewelry, Watches and Accessories Retail Sales Forecast (EUR mn), by Channel Group, 2014-2019
Table 4: Germany Jewelry, Watches and Accessories Retail Sales (US$ mn), by Channel Group, 2009-2014
Table 5: Germany Jewelry, Watches and Accessories Retail Sales Forecast (US$ mn), by Channel Group, 2014-2019
Table 6: Germany Jewelry, Watches and Accessories Retail Segmentation, by Channel Group, 2009-2019
Table 7: Key Jewelry, watches and accessories Retailers in Germany
Table 8: Germany Exchange Rate EUR-US$ (Annual Average), 2009-2014
Table 9: Germany Exchange Rate EUR-US$ (Annual Average), 2015-2019
Table 10: Conlumino Retail Channel Definitions
Table 11: Conlumino Retail Category Definitions
List of Figures
Figure 1: GDP Values (US$ billion, %), 2008-2014
Figure 2: Growth Rate of GDP (US$ Billion, %), 2008-2014
Figure 3: Forecasts for GDP Value and Growth (EUR billion, %), 2014-2019
Figure 4: Household Savings Rate as percentage of disposable income (%), 2004-2014
Figure 5: Share of Employment by Sector (%), 2004 and 2014E
Figure 6: Unemployment Rate (%), 2005-2014
Figure 7: Inflation Growth Rates (%), 2004-2014
Figure 8: Household Consumption Expenditure of Germany (US$ Billion), 2004 and 2014
Figure 9: Household Consumption Expenditure of Major Countries (US$ Billion), 2014
Figure 10: Growth of Household Consumption Expenditure (%), 2004-2014
Figure 11: Total Population and Growth Rate (Millions, %), 2004-2019
Figure 12: Population Split by Gender (%), 2014 and 2019
Figure 13: Population Split by Age Group (%), 2014 and 2019
Figure 14: Per Capita Spend on Retail (EUR), 2006 and 2014
Figure 15: Per Capita Spend (EUR) on Retail by Age Group (%), 2006 and 2014
Figure 16: Rural and Urban Populations (% of total population) 2004, 2014 and 2019E
Figure 17: Aging consumers and single households are set to grow further
Figure 18: The unique concept of online shopping clubs make them popular among German consumers
Figure 19: Online sales observed huge growth during holiday seasons
Figure 20: Rise in Smartphone Users in Germany
Figure 21: EmmasEnkel lets consumers use iPads in its Cafes to shop
Figure 22: Number of international arrivals to Germany (millions), 2009-2019
Figure 23: Major Cities with High Spend on Retail
Figure 24: Retail laws on store opening hours in different states of the country
Figure 25: Retail hot spots across Germany favor international investment
Figure 26: Share of Jewelry, Watches and Accessories in overall Retail 2014 and 2019
Figure 27: Retail Sales Value and Growth (EUR billion, %) of Jewelry, Watches and Accessories 2014-2019
Figure 28: Spend-per-Head on Jewelry, Watches and Accessories 2014 and 2019
Figure 29: Online Spend in Jewelry, Watches and Accessories 2014-2019
Figure 30: Online Share of total Jewelry, Watches and Accessories Spend 2014 and 2019
Figure 31: Spending per Channel in Jewelry, Watches and Accessories (%) 2014 and 2019
Figure 32: Germany Jewelry, Watches and Accessories Retail Sales and Forecast (EUR mn), by Channel Group, 2009-2019
Figure 33: The Triangulated Market Sizing Methodology
Following are different modes of Licenses.
a. Single User License:
This license allows only one person to use the report. This person can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people. Unless you purchase a Site License or a Global Site License, a Single User License must be purchased for every single person that wishes to use the report within the same enterprise.
b. Single Site License:
This license allows unlimited users to use the report within one company location, e.g. a regional office. These users can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people.
c. Global Site License:
A Global Site License (or Enterprise wide Site License or Global License) is a license granted to original purchaser, who can share a report with other employees and authorized Users of the same organization.
1. How do you deliver the reports?
The delivery of reports is depends on format & mode of license of report(s). Following are different kinds of formats of report(s) and their delivery options :
a. Electronic Format – Through email from Publisher
Report will be sent to your username email address in PDF, Excel, PowerPoint or any other electronic / softcopy format by publisher.
Delivery Time: 12 to 48 hours [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
b. Hard Copy or Printed Format or CD-Rom – Through Mail or Courier from Publisher
Report will be sent through mail / courier delivery to your shipping address by publisher.
Delivery Time: Less than, few weeks [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
2. How can I make payment for publications I purchase?
You could be able to make the payment, in following ways:
a. Online Secure Payment through Credit Card Payment : We accept Visa, Master, AMEX Cards & CCAvenue
b. Transfer of fund to our bank account via Bank transfer or Wire transfer
c. Payment via DD or Cheque
3. Is it safe to use my credit card on MarketinfoResearch?
Your personal information and online tranaction on Marketinfo Research is secure, private, and tamper-proof. All credit card payments are processed through secure and trusted payment gateways.