Your Cart Is Empty!
- The Canadian packaging market valued CAD17.7 billion in 2014; Paper& Board constitutes the largest market share by value, followed by Plastics, Metal, and Glass.
- The Paper &Board packaging industry is the largest in terms of value in the Canadian packaging industry, and valued CAD8.1 billion in 2014.
- Canadas Metal packaging market valued CAD3.7 billion in 2014; the Food and Beverage sectors were the main end-users.
- "Latest Trends and Key Issues in Canada Retail Packaging Market" is a detailed industry report providing comprehensive analysis of the emerging trends and opportunities in Canada packaging market
- The report is a result of a thorough analysis of consumer trends, packaging manufacturing trends and packaging innovation within Canada consumer packaged goods market. The report provides both qualitative and quantitative insights into each of the packaging materials- flexible, glass, rigid plastic, rigid metal and paper &board
- The report includes detailed tables and charts to provide a comprehensive understanding of packaging consumption to clearly establish market trends, packaging dynamics and areas of future growth potential
- It provides an overview of the competitive landscape of the Canada packaging sector with an analysis of the key market leaders including a snap shot of major deals
Reasons To Buy
- Packaging companies and retailers seek the latest information on consumer trends and opportunities to formulate their sales and marketing strategies. There is also demand for authentic market data with a high level of detail. This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities of growth within the CPG market.
- As consumer product demand evolves the dynamics between different packaging types also evolves favoring some packaging types and formats and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum sales in the future.
- The differential growth across different packaging materials and formats drive fundamental shifts in the market. These differentials result from various factors such as changing consumer preferences, regulatory compliance, and innovation within the packaging market
- The report is a unique combination of in-depth qualitative analysis and authoritative packaging data for the years 2010-2018. Each packaging material has detailed data break-up by packaging type, closure material, closure type, outer material, and outer type.
Table of Contents
2 Overview of the Canadian Packaging Market
3 Consumer Drivers
3.1 An aging population, shrinking household sizes, and rising immigrant population create varied packaging demands
3.1.1 Canadas rising aging population drives demand for convenient packaging
3.1.2 Shrinking Canadian household size necessitates smaller-portion packaging
3.1.3 Increasing immigrant groups drives importance for multilingual labeling
3.2 Growth in household expenditure will boost demand for retail packaged goods
3.2.1 Growth in employment fuels household expenditure
3.2.2 Grocery spending expands in Canada, leading to greater business opportunities for packaging companies
3.3 Increasing online shopping and sustainability awareness creates new opportunities
3.3.1 Increase in online shopping to broaden packaging demand
3.3.2 Rising health and wellness awareness creates new product segments and heightens the importance of detailed labeling
3.3.3 Sustainability is gaining importance among Canadian consumers
4 Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Canada Packaging by Material
4.1.2 Canada Packaging by Industry
4.1.3 Canada Packaging by Type
4.2 Flexible Packaging
4.2.1 Overall Flexible Packaging Market
4.2.2 Number of Flexible Packaging Packs by Industry
4.2.3 Number of Flexible Packaging Packs by Type
4.2.4 Number of Flexible Packaging Packs by Closure Material
4.2.5 Number of Flexible Packaging Packs by Closure Type
4.2.6 Number of Flexible Packaging Packs by Outer Material
4.2.7 Number of Flexible Packaging Packs by Outer Type
4.3 Paper & Board
4.3.1 Overall Paper & Board Packaging Market
4.3.2 Number of Paper & Board Packs by Industry
4.3.3 Number of Paper & Board Packs by Type
4.3.4 Number of Paper & Board Packs by Closure Material
4.3.5 Number of Paper & Board Packs by Closure Type
4.3.6 Number of Paper & Board Packs by Outer Material
4.3.7 Number of Paper & Board Packs by Outer Type
4.4 Rigid Plastics
4.4.1 Overall Rigid Plastics Packaging Market
4.4.2 Number of Rigid Plastics Packs by Industry
4.4.3 Number of Rigid Plastics Packs by Type
4.4.4 Number of Rigid Plastics Packs by Closure Material
4.4.5 Number of Rigid Plastics Packs by Closure Type
4.4.6 Number of Rigid Plastics Packs by Outer Material
4.4.7 Number of Rigid Plastics Packs by Outer Type
4.5 Rigid Metal
4.5.1 Overall Rigid Metal Packaging Market
4.5.2 Number of Rigid Metal Packs by Industry
4.5.3 Number of Rigid Metal Packs by Type
4.5.4 Number of Rigid Metal Packs by Closure Material
4.5.5 Number of Rigid Metal Packs by Closure Type
4.5.6 Number of Rigid Metal Packs by Outer Material
4.5.7 Number of Rigid Metal Packs by Outer Type
4.6.1 Overall Glass Packaging Market
4.6.2 Number of Glass Packs by Industry
4.6.3 Number of Glass Packs by Type
4.6.4 Number of Glass Packs by Closure Material
4.6.5 Number of Glass Packs by Closure Type
4.6.6 Number of Glass Packs by Outer Material
4.6.7 Number of Glass Packs by Outer Type
5 Packaging Design and Manufacturing Trends
5.1 Key Design Trends
5.1.1 Reduction in packaging weight is a key strategy in cost reduction
5.1.2 Industry standard enforces light weight packaging for Wine Bottles
5.1.3 Busy lifestyles and single households demand smaller and more convenient packaging
5.1.4 Sustainable packaging gaining popularity in Canada
5.1.5 Packaging firms need to closely align themselves with manufacturers needs
5.2 Key Manufacturing Trends
5.2.1 Transparent packaging for raw food, such as meat, gaining importance
5.2.2 Manufacturing processes continue to evolve with the latest technological advancements
5.2.3 Closure systems that offer convenience are gaining popularity in Canada
5.2.4 Difficulties in raw material procurement are driving up costs
6 Regulatory Environment
6.2 Packaging Regulatory Framework
6.2.1 Federal Laws
6.2.2 Food labeling in Canada
6.2.3 Cigarette Packaging law
6.2.4 Canadian Environment Protection Act, 1999 (CEPA 1999)
7 Competitive Landscape
7.1 Competitive Landscape by Packaging Material
7.1.1 Rigid Metal
7.1.2 Paper & Board
7.1.4 Flexible Packaging
7.1.5 Rigid Plastics
7.2 Key Companies in the Canadian Packaging Industry
7.3 Key Financial Deals
8.1 What is this Report About?
8.2 Time Frame
8.3 Product Category Coverage
8.4 Packaging Definitions
8.4.1 Primary Packaging Container
8.4.2 Primary Packaging Closure
8.4.3 Primary Packaging Outer
8.5.1 Overall Research Program Framework
8.5.2 Stage 1 - Initial Market Sizing of the Packaging Market
8.5.3 Stage 2 - Primary Research on Packaging Consumption
8.5.4 Stage 3 - Analyst Review
8.5.5 Stage 4 - Expert Review
8.5.6 Stage 5 - Publication
8.6 About Canadean
Following are different modes of Licenses.
a. Single User License:
This license allows only one person to use the report. This person can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people. Unless you purchase a Site License or a Global Site License, a Single User License must be purchased for every single person that wishes to use the report within the same enterprise.
b. Single Site License:
This license allows unlimited users to use the report within one company location, e.g. a regional office. These users can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people.
c. Global Site License:
A Global Site License (or Enterprise wide Site License or Global License) is a license granted to original purchaser, who can share a report with other employees and authorized Users of the same organization.
1. How do you deliver the reports?
The delivery of reports is depends on format & mode of license of report(s). Following are different kinds of formats of report(s) and their delivery options :
a. Electronic Format – Through email from Publisher
Report will be sent to your username email address in PDF, Excel, PowerPoint or any other electronic / softcopy format by publisher.
Delivery Time: 12 to 48 hours [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
b. Hard Copy or Printed Format or CD-Rom – Through Mail or Courier from Publisher
Report will be sent through mail / courier delivery to your shipping address by publisher.
Delivery Time: Less than, few weeks [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
2. How can I make payment for publications I purchase?
You could be able to make the payment, in following ways:
a. Online Secure Payment through Credit Card Payment : We accept Visa, Master, AMEX Cards & CCAvenue
b. Transfer of fund to our bank account via Bank transfer or Wire transfer
c. Payment via DD or Cheque
3. Is it safe to use my credit card on MarketinfoResearch?
Your personal information and online tranaction on Marketinfo Research is secure, private, and tamper-proof. All credit card payments are processed through secure and trusted payment gateways.