Your Cart Is Empty!
- The South African packaging market was valued at ZAR79 billion in 2014. Plastics held the largest market share, followed by Paper & Board, Metal, and Glass.
- Plastics packaging holds the largest share in the South African packaging industry and was valued at ZAR35.9 billion in 2014.
- Paper & Board occupies the second place in the South African packaging market and was valued at ZAR25.2 billion in 2014.
- "Latest Trends and Key Issues in South Africa Retail Packaging Market" is a detailed industry report providing comprehensive analysis of the emerging trends and opportunities in South Africa packaging market
- The report is a result of a thorough analysis of consumer trends, packaging manufacturing trends and packaging innovation within South Africa consumer packaged goods market. The report provides both qualitative and quantitative insights into each of the packaging materials- flexible, glass, rigid plastic, rigid metal and paper &board
- The report includes detailed tables and charts to provide a comprehensive understanding of packaging consumption to clearly establish market trends, packaging dynamics and areas of future growth potential
- It provides an overview of the competitive landscape of the South Africa packaging sector with an analysis of the key market leaders including a snap shot of major deals
Reasons To Buy
- Packaging companies and retailers seek the latest information on consumer trends and opportunities to formulate their sales and marketing strategies. There is also demand for authentic market data with a high level of detail. This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities of growth within the CPG market.
- As consumer product demand evolves the dynamics between different packaging types also evolves favoring some packaging types and formats and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum sales in the future.
- The differential growth across different packaging materials and formats drive fundamental shifts in the market. These differentials result from various factors such as changing consumer preferences, regulatory compliance, and innovation within the packaging market
- The report is a unique combination of in-depth qualitative analysis and authoritative packaging data for the years 2010-2018. Each packaging material has detailed data break-up by packaging type, closure material, closure type, outer material, and outer type.
Table of Contents
2 Overview of the South African Packaging Market
3 Consumer Drivers
3.1 Declining household size and young consumers driving demographic changes
3.1.1 Shrinking household size increases demand for smaller pack sizes
3.1.2 Packaging is a key aspect influencing young South African consumers buying behavior
3.1.3 Children form a significant consumer segment
3.2 Increasing tourist arrivals in South Africa are creating a new consumer group
3.3 Significant income disparity and high unemployment create a diverse consumer base
3.3.1 High income disparity affecting consumers buying pattern
3.3.2 High unemployment rate prevalent in the country
3.4 Shopping behavior is being influenced by growth in the retail sector and technology
3.4.1 Growing demand for private label products is expected to drive demand for innovative packaging
3.4.2 Growth in Organized Retail is expected to drive demand for packaged goods
3.4.3 Growth in use of internet and smartphone sales are keys to boost online purchases
4 Market Dynamics
4.1.1 South Africa Packaging by Material
4.1.2 South Africa Packaging by Market
4.1.3 South Africa Packaging by Type
4.2 Flexible Packaging
4.2.1 Overall Flexible Packaging Market
4.2.2 Number of Flexible Packaging Packs by Industry
4.2.3 Number of Flexible Packaging Packs by Type
4.2.4 Number of Flexible Packaging Packs by Closure Material
4.2.5 Number of Flexible Packaging Packs by Closure Type
4.2.6 Number of Flexible Packaging Packs by Outer Material
4.2.7 Number of Flexible Packaging Packs by Outer Type
4.3 Paper & Board
4.3.1 Overall Paper & Board Packaging Market
4.3.2 Number of Paper & Board Packs by Industry
4.3.3 Number of Paper & Board Packs by Type
4.3.4 Number of Paper & Board Packs by Closure Material
4.3.5 Number of Paper & Board Packs by Closure Type
4.3.6 Number of Paper & Board Packs by Outer Material
4.3.7 Number of Paper & Board Packs by Outer Type
4.4 Rigid Plastics
4.4.1 Overall Rigid Plastics Packaging Market
4.4.2 Number of Rigid Plastics Packs by Industry
4.4.3 Number of Rigid Plastics Packs by Type
4.4.4 Number of Rigid Plastics Packs by Closure Material
4.4.5 Number of Rigid Plastics Packs by Closure Type
4.4.6 Number of Rigid Plastics Packs by Outer Material
4.4.7 Number of Rigid Plastics Packs by Outer Type
4.5 Rigid Metal
4.5.1 Overall Rigid Metal Packaging Market
4.5.2 Number of Rigid Metal Packs by Industry
4.5.3 Number of Rigid Metal Packs by Type
4.5.4 Number of Rigid Metal Packs by Closure Material
4.5.5 Number of Rigid Metal Packs by Closure Type
4.5.6 Number of Rigid Metal Packs by Outer Material
4.5.7 Number of Rigid Metal Packs by Outer Type
4.6.1 Overall Glass Packaging Market
4.6.2 Number of Glass Packs by Industry
4.6.3 Number of Glass Packs by Type
4.6.4 Number of Glass Packs by Closure Material
4.6.5 Number of Glass Packs by Closure Type
4.6.6 Number of Glass Packs by Outer Material
4.6.7 Number of Glass Packs by Outer Type
5 Packaging Design and Manufacturing Trends
5.1 Key Design Trends
5.1.1 Preference for convenient packaging is increasing in South Africa
5.1.2 Innovations in closures are widely used to extend convenience
5.1.3 Environmentally-friendly packaging used widely to reduce carbon emission
5.1.4 Lightweight packaging has multiple benefits including reduced cost
5.1.5 Innovations in Pet Food packaging to create product differentiation
5.1.6 Packaging firms need to more closely align themselves with manufacturers needs
5.2 Key Manufacturing Trends
5.2.1 Mpacts new machinery offers cost effective packaging to dairy industry
5.2.2 Advanced Labeling on packages gain importance in retail product packs
5.2.3 Advancements in microwaveable packaging boosted by busy consumers
5.2.4 Seven layer co-extrusion film extruder machine increase shelf life of food products
5.2.5 Robotic packaging is gaining prominence in the South African Food and Beverage industry
5.2.6 Difficulties in raw material procurement are driving up costs
6 Regulatory Environment
6.2 Key Directives and Laws
6.2.1 The Foodstuffs, Disinfectants and Cosmetics Act (FDCA), 1972
6.2.2 Regulations relating to the labeling, advertising and sale of Tobacco products
6.2.3 National Environmental Management: Waste Act (NWMS)
7 Competitive Landscape
7.1 Competitive Landscape by Packaging Material
7.1.1 Rigid Plastics
7.1.2 Flexible Packaging
7.1.3 Paper & Board
7.1.4 Rigid Metal
7.2 Key Companies in South Africa Packaging Industry
7.3 Key Financial Deals
8.1 What is this Report About?
8.2 Time Frame
8.3 Product Category Coverage
8.4 Packaging Definitions
8.4.1 Primary Packaging Container
8.4.2 Primary Packaging Closure
8.4.3 Primary Packaging Outer
8.5.1 Overall Research Program Framework
8.5.2 Stage 1 - Initial Market Sizing of the Packaging Market
8.5.3 Stage 2 - Primary Research on Packaging Consumption
8.5.4 Stage 3 - Analyst Review
8.5.5 Stage 4 - Expert Review
8.5.6 Stage 5 - Publication
8.6 About Canadean
Following are different modes of Licenses.
a. Single User License:
This license allows only one person to use the report. This person can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people. Unless you purchase a Site License or a Global Site License, a Single User License must be purchased for every single person that wishes to use the report within the same enterprise.
b. Single Site License:
This license allows unlimited users to use the report within one company location, e.g. a regional office. These users can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people.
c. Global Site License:
A Global Site License (or Enterprise wide Site License or Global License) is a license granted to original purchaser, who can share a report with other employees and authorized Users of the same organization.
1. How do you deliver the reports?
The delivery of reports is depends on format & mode of license of report(s). Following are different kinds of formats of report(s) and their delivery options :
a. Electronic Format – Through email from Publisher
Report will be sent to your username email address in PDF, Excel, PowerPoint or any other electronic / softcopy format by publisher.
Delivery Time: 12 to 48 hours [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
b. Hard Copy or Printed Format or CD-Rom – Through Mail or Courier from Publisher
Report will be sent through mail / courier delivery to your shipping address by publisher.
Delivery Time: Less than, few weeks [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
2. How can I make payment for publications I purchase?
You could be able to make the payment, in following ways:
a. Online Secure Payment through Credit Card Payment : We accept Visa, Master, AMEX Cards & CCAvenue
b. Transfer of fund to our bank account via Bank transfer or Wire transfer
c. Payment via DD or Cheque
3. Is it safe to use my credit card on MarketinfoResearch?
Your personal information and online tranaction on Marketinfo Research is secure, private, and tamper-proof. All credit card payments are processed through secure and trusted payment gateways.