Your Cart Is Empty!
- The packaging industry in South Korea was valued at KRW12,058.7 billion in 2014. Paper &Board packaging constitutes the largest market share by value, followed by Plastics, Metal, and Glass.
- Paper &Board packaging holds the largest share of the packaging industry, valued at KRW5,021 billion in 2014.
- Plastics packaging has the second-largest share of the South Korean packaging market, valued at KRW4,700billion in 2014.
- "Latest Trends and Key Issues in South Korea Retail Packaging Market" is a detailed industry report providing comprehensive analysis of the emerging trends and opportunities in South Korea packaging market
- The report is a result of a thorough analysis of consumer trends, packaging manufacturing trends and packaging innovation within South Korea consumer packaged goods market. The report provides both qualitative and quantitative insights into each of the packaging materials- flexible, glass, rigid plastic, rigid metal and paper &board
- The report includes detailed tables and charts to provide a comprehensive understanding of packaging consumption to clearly establish market trends, packaging dynamics and areas of future growth potential
- It provides an overview of the competitive landscape of the South Korea packaging sector with an analysis of the key market leaders including a snap shot of major deals
Reasons To Buy
- Packaging companies and retailers seek the latest information on consumer trends and opportunities to formulate their sales and marketing strategies. There is also demand for authentic market data with a high level of detail. This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities of growth within the CPG market.
- As consumer product demand evolves the dynamics between different packaging types also evolves favoring some packaging types and formats and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum sales in the future.
- The differential growth across different packaging materials and formats drive fundamental shifts in the market. These differentials result from various factors such as changing consumer preferences, regulatory compliance, and innovation within the packaging market
- The report is a unique combination of in-depth qualitative analysis and authoritative packaging data for the years 2010-2018. Each packaging material has detailed data break-up by packaging type, closure material, closure type, outer material, and outer type.
Table of Contents
2 Overview of the South Korean Packaging Market
3 Consumer Drivers
3.1 Aging population and smaller households to drive demand for smaller packs
3.1.1 Aging South Koreans will prefer convenient pack formats
3.1.2 Declining household size to spur demand for single-serve packs
3.2 Positive macro-economic trends are a strong indicator for packaging demand
3.2.1 Low unemployment and high disposable incomes to drive premium packaging demand
3.2.2 High credit card sales to prompt impulse buying
3.3 Shopping Behaviour
3.3.1 High Internet and smartphone penetration to boost secondary packaging demand
3.3.2 Busy lifestyles will drive demand for ready-to-eat food products
3.3.3 Rising health concerns increase demand for functional food products
3.3.4 Growing cosmetics demand to expand packaging market
4 Market Dynamics
4.1.1 South Korean Packaging by Material
4.1.2 South Korean Packaging by Industry
4.1.3 South Korean Packaging by Type
4.2 Flexible Packaging
4.2.1 Overall Flexible Packaging Market
4.2.2 Number of Flexible Packaging Packs by Industry
4.2.3 Number of Flexible Packaging Packs by Type
4.2.4 Number of Flexible Packaging Packs by Closure Material
4.2.5 Number of Flexible Packaging Packs by Closure Type
4.2.6 Number of Flexible Packaging Packs by Outer Material
4.2.7 Number of Flexible Packaging Packs by Outer Type
4.3 Paper & Board
4.3.1 Overall Paper & Board Packaging Market
4.3.2 Number of Paper & Board Packs by Industry
4.3.3 Number of Paper & Board Packs by Type
4.3.4 Number of Paper & Board Packs by Closure Material
4.3.5 Number of Paper & Board Packs by Closure Type
4.3.6 Number of Paper & Board Packs by Outer Material
4.3.7 Number of Paper & Board Packs by Outer Type
4.4 Rigid Plastics
4.4.1 Overall Rigid Plastics Packaging Market
4.4.2 Number of Rigid Plastics Packs by Industry
4.4.3 Number of Rigid Plastics Packs by Type
4.4.4 Number of Rigid Plastics Packs by Closure Material
4.4.5 Number of Rigid Plastics Packs by Closure Type
4.4.6 Number of Rigid Plastics Packs by Outer Material
4.4.7 Number of Rigid Plastics Packs by Outer Type
4.5 Rigid Metal
4.5.1 Overall Rigid Metal Packaging Market
4.5.2 Number of Rigid Metal Packs by Industry
4.5.3 Number of Rigid Metal Packs by Type
4.5.4 Number of Rigid Metal Packs by Closure Material
4.5.5 Number of Rigid Metal Packs by Closure Type
4.5.6 Number of Rigid Metal Packs by Outer Material
4.5.7 Number of Rigid Metal Packs by Outer Type
4.6.1 Overall Glass Packaging Market
4.6.2 Number of Glass Packs by Industry
4.6.3 Number of Glass Packs by Type
4.6.4 Number of Glass Packs by Closure Material
4.6.5 Number of Glass Packs by Closure Type
4.6.6 Number of Glass Packs by Outer Material
4.6.7 Number of Glass Packs by Outer Type
5 Packaging Design and Manufacturing Trends
5.1 Key Design Trends
5.1.1 Self-heating or cooling pouch offers convenience
5.1.2 Innovative design offering convenience is one of the key packaging trends in South Korea
5.1.3 Innovation in cosmetic products aimed at gaining product visibility
5.1.4 Closures are a key opportunity for lightweight packaging to reduce costs
5.1.5 New inventions in labels for improved readability and recyclability
5.1.6 Packaging firms need to more closely align themselves with manufacturers needs
5.2 Key Manufacturing Trends
5.2.1 Manufacturing processes adopting latest technology in food packaging
5.2.2 Advancement of airless technology improves cosmetic packaging
5.2.3 Environmentally-friendly packaging material use on the rise
5.2.4 Difficulties in raw material procurement are driving up costs
6 Regulatory Environment
6.2 Key Directives and Laws
6.2.1 Control on Packaging waste
6.2.2 Food labeling standards
6.2.3 Recycling targets
7 Competitive Landscape
7.1 Competitive Landscape by Packaging Material
7.1.1 Paper & Board
7.1.3 Rigid Plastics
7.1.4 Flexible Packaging
7.2 Key Companies in South Korea Packaging Industry
7.3 Key Financial Deals
8.1 What is this Report About?
8.2 Time Frame
8.3 Product Category Coverage
8.4 Packaging Definitions
8.4.1 Primary Packaging Container
8.4.2 Primary Packaging Closure
8.4.3 Primary Packaging Outer
8.5.1 Overall Research Program Framework
8.5.2 Stage 1 - Initial Market Sizing of the Packaging Market
8.5.3 Stage 2 - Primary Research on Packaging Consumption
8.5.4 Stage 3 - Analyst Review
8.5.5 Stage 4 - Expert Review
8.5.6 Stage 5 - Publication
8.6 About Canadean
Following are different modes of Licenses.
a. Single User License:
This license allows only one person to use the report. This person can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people. Unless you purchase a Site License or a Global Site License, a Single User License must be purchased for every single person that wishes to use the report within the same enterprise.
b. Single Site License:
This license allows unlimited users to use the report within one company location, e.g. a regional office. These users can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people.
c. Global Site License:
A Global Site License (or Enterprise wide Site License or Global License) is a license granted to original purchaser, who can share a report with other employees and authorized Users of the same organization.
1. How do you deliver the reports?
The delivery of reports is depends on format & mode of license of report(s). Following are different kinds of formats of report(s) and their delivery options :
a. Electronic Format – Through email from Publisher
Report will be sent to your username email address in PDF, Excel, PowerPoint or any other electronic / softcopy format by publisher.
Delivery Time: 12 to 48 hours [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
b. Hard Copy or Printed Format or CD-Rom – Through Mail or Courier from Publisher
Report will be sent through mail / courier delivery to your shipping address by publisher.
Delivery Time: Less than, few weeks [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
2. How can I make payment for publications I purchase?
You could be able to make the payment, in following ways:
a. Online Secure Payment through Credit Card Payment : We accept Visa, Master, AMEX Cards & CCAvenue
b. Transfer of fund to our bank account via Bank transfer or Wire transfer
c. Payment via DD or Cheque
3. Is it safe to use my credit card on MarketinfoResearch?
Your personal information and online tranaction on Marketinfo Research is secure, private, and tamper-proof. All credit card payments are processed through secure and trusted payment gateways.