Your Cart Is Empty!
- The combined size of Plastic, Paper & Board, Glass, and Metal packaging reached GBP11.9 billion in 2014. The UK packaging industry currently employs more than 85,000 people, which accounts for 3% of the total manufacturing workforce.
- Paper & Board packaging holds the largest share of the packaging market in the UK, which valued GBP5.2 billion in 2014.
- The packaging industry is the biggest end-user of Plastics in the UK, consuming 37% of the total production in 2014. In value terms, this translates to GBP4.4 billion.
- "Latest Trends and Key Issues in the UK Retail Packaging Market" is a detailed industry report providing comprehensive analysis of the emerging trends and opportunities in the UK packaging market
- The report is a result of a thorough analysis of consumer trends, packaging manufacturing trends and packaging innovation within the UK consumer packaged goods market. The report provides both qualitative and quantitative insights into each of the packaging materials- flexible, glass, rigid plastic, rigid metal and paper &board
- The report includes detailed tables and charts to provide a comprehensive understanding of packaging consumption to clearly establish market trends, packaging dynamics and areas of future growth potential
- It provides an overview of the competitive landscape of the UK packaging sector with an analysis of the key market leaders including a snap shot of major deals.
Reasons To Buy
- Packaging companies and retailers seek the latest information on consumer trends and opportunities to formulate their sales and marketing strategies. There is also demand for authentic market data with a high level of detail. This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities of growth within the CPG market.
- As consumer product demand evolves the dynamics between different packaging types also evolves favoring some packaging types and formats and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum sales in the future.
- The differential growth across different packaging materials and formats drive fundamental shifts in the market. These differentials result from various factors such as changing consumer preferences, regulatory compliance, and innovation within the packaging market
- The report is a unique combination of in-depth qualitative analysis and authoritative packaging data for the years 2006-2018. Each packaging material has detailed data break up by packaging type, closure material, closure type, outer material, and outer type.
Table of Contents
2 Overview of the UK Packaging Market
3 Consumer Drivers
3.1 Canadeans Consumer Trend Framework
3.1.1 Canadean Tracks 20 Consumer Trends
3.1.2 Canadean consumer data sizes the influence of key consumer needs in the retail market
3.2 Identifying the Key Trends for Packaging
3.2.1 The top 20 trends driving retail consumption in the UK
3.3.1 Indulgence influences GBP21,887million worth of CPG product consumption in the UK per annum
3.3.2 Women are more influenced by the desire for Indulgence
3.3.3 Pre-Mid-Lifers look for Indulgent products
3.3.4 Highly Affluent consumers seek Indulgent products
3.3.5 Consumers with0-1 hours of leisure time are least likely to look to indulgent products
3.4 Better Value for Money
3.4.1 Better Value for Money influences GBP18,596 million worth of CPG products consumption in the UK per annum
3.4.2 Women are more influenced by the desire for Better Value for Money
3.4.3 Mid-Lifers look for Better Value products
3.4.4 Hard Pressed consumers seek Better Value products
3.4.5 Consumers with time to spare (5-7 hours) look for Better Value products
3.5 Personal Space & Time
3.5.1 Personal Space & Time influences GBP17,536 million worth of CPG products consumption in the UK per annum
3.5.2 Women are more influenced by the desire for Personal Space & Time
3.5.3 Mid-Lifers (45-54)influenced by the desire for Personal Space & Time
3.5.4 Highly Affluent consumers are influenced by the desire for Personal Space & Time
3.5.5 Time Pressed (3-5 hours) consumers influence by Personal Space & Time
3.6 Changing Lifestages
3.6.1 Changing Lifestages influences GBP16,832 million worth of CPG products consumption in the UK per annum
3.6.2 Females are more influenced by the desire for Changing Lifestages
3.6.3 Pre-Mid-Lifers are more likely to purchase products aligned with Changing Lifestages
3.6.4 Higher income consumers seek products designed around Changing Lifestages
3.6.5 Consumers with increased leisure time are less likely to seek products offering Changing Lifestages
3.7 Busy Lives
3.7.1 Busy Lives influences GBP13,456 million worth of CPG products consumption in the UK per annum
3.7.2 Females desire convenience to help facilitate their Busy Lives
3.7.3 Mid-Lifers and Older Young Adults are in the greatest need for convenience
3.7.4 Highly Affluent are most influenced by the Busy Lives trend
3.7.5 Consumers with higher spare time give less importance to products offering convenience
3.8 Demographic trends are creating new key consumer groups
3.9 Consumer responses to macro-economic trends
3.1 Manufacturers and trade bodies are driving the adoption of environmentally-friendly packaging
4 Market Dynamics
4.1.1 UK Packaging by Material
4.1.2 UK Packaging by Industry
4.1.3 UK Packaging by Type
4.2 Flexible Packaging
4.2.1 Overall Flexible Packaging Market
4.2.2 Number of Flexible Packaging Packs by Industry
4.2.3 Number of Flexible Packaging Packs by Type
4.2.4 Number of Flexible Packaging Packs by Closure Material
4.2.5 Number of Flexible Packaging Packs by Closure Type
4.2.6 Number of Flexible Packaging Packs by Outer Material
4.2.7 Number of Flexible Packaging Packs by Outer Type
4.3 Paper & Board
4.3.1 Overall Paper & Board Packaging Market
4.3.2 Number of Paper & Board Packs by Industry
4.3.3 Number of Paper & Board Packs by Type
4.3.4 Number of Paper & Board Packs by Closure Material
4.3.5 Number of Paper & Board Packs by Closure Type
4.3.6 Number of Paper & Board Packs by Outer Material
4.3.7 Number of Paper & Board Packs by Outer Type
4.4 Rigid Plastics
4.4.1 Overall Rigid Plastic Packaging Market
4.4.2 Number of Rigid Plastic Packs by Industry
4.4.3 Number of Rigid Plastic Packs by Type
4.4.4 Number of Rigid Plastic Packs by Closure Material
4.4.5 Number of Rigid Plastic Packs by Closure Type
4.4.6 Number of Rigid Plastic Packs by Outer Material
4.4.7 Number of Rigid Plastic Packs by Outer Type
4.5 Rigid Metal
4.5.1 Overall Rigid Metal Packaging Market
4.5.2 Number of Rigid Metal Packs by Industry
4.5.3 Number of Rigid Metal Packs by Type
4.5.4 Number of Rigid Metal Packs by Closure Material
4.5.5 Number of Rigid Metal Packs by Closure Type
4.5.6 Number of Rigid Metal Packs by Outer Material
4.5.7 Number of Rigid Metal Packs by Outer Type
4.6.1 Overall Glass Packaging Market
4.6.2 Number of Glass Packs by Industry
4.6.3 Number of Glass Packs by Type
4.6.4 Number of Glass Packs by Closure Material
4.6.5 Number of Glass Packs by Closure Type
4.6.6 Number of Glass Packs by Outer Material
4.6.7 Number of Glass Packs by Outer Type
5 Packaging Design and Manufacturing Trends
5.1 Key Design Trends
5.1.1 Packaging firms need to more closely align themselves with manufacturers needs
5.1.2 Lightweighting remains vital to lowering costs
5.1.3 Innovative environmentally-friendly packaging is being developed
5.1.4 New designs are meeting demand for convenience and ease of use
5.2 Key Manufacturing Trends
5.2.1 Manufacturing processes continue to evolve with the latest technological advancements
5.2.2 Difficulties in raw material procurement are driving up costs
5.2.3 Manufacturers and trade bodies are tackling environmental concerns
6 Regulatory Environment
6.2 Key Directives and Laws
6.2.1 Packaging Regulations
6.2.2 Waste Disposal Regulations
7 Competitive Landscape
7.1 Competitive Landscape by Packaging Material
7.1.1 Flexible Packaging
7.1.2 Paper & Board
7.1.3 Rigid Plastics
7.1.4 Rigid Metal
7.2 Key Companies in the UK Packaging Industry
7.3 Key Financial Deals
8.1 What is this Report About?
8.2 Time Frame
8.3 Product Category Coverage
8.4 Packaging Definitions
8.4.1 Primary Packaging Container
8.4.2 Primary Packaging Closure
8.4.3 Primary Packaging Outer
8.5 Consumer Survey Definitions
8.5.1 Demographic Definitions
8.6.1 Overall Research Program Framework
8.6.2 Stage 1 - Initial Market Sizing of the Packaging Market
8.6.3 Stage 2 - Primary Research on Packaging Consumption
8.6.4 Stage 3 - Analyst Review
8.6.5 Stage 4 - Expert Review
8.6.6 Stage 5 - Publication
8.7 About Canadean
Following are different modes of Licenses.
a. Single User License:
This license allows only one person to use the report. This person can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people. Unless you purchase a Site License or a Global Site License, a Single User License must be purchased for every single person that wishes to use the report within the same enterprise.
b. Single Site License:
This license allows unlimited users to use the report within one company location, e.g. a regional office. These users can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people.
c. Global Site License:
A Global Site License (or Enterprise wide Site License or Global License) is a license granted to original purchaser, who can share a report with other employees and authorized Users of the same organization.
1. How do you deliver the reports?
The delivery of reports is depends on format & mode of license of report(s). Following are different kinds of formats of report(s) and their delivery options :
a. Electronic Format – Through email from Publisher
Report will be sent to your username email address in PDF, Excel, PowerPoint or any other electronic / softcopy format by publisher.
Delivery Time: 12 to 48 hours [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
b. Hard Copy or Printed Format or CD-Rom – Through Mail or Courier from Publisher
Report will be sent through mail / courier delivery to your shipping address by publisher.
Delivery Time: Less than, few weeks [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
2. How can I make payment for publications I purchase?
You could be able to make the payment, in following ways:
a. Online Secure Payment through Credit Card Payment : We accept Visa, Master, AMEX Cards & CCAvenue
b. Transfer of fund to our bank account via Bank transfer or Wire transfer
c. Payment via DD or Cheque
3. Is it safe to use my credit card on MarketinfoResearch?
Your personal information and online tranaction on Marketinfo Research is secure, private, and tamper-proof. All credit card payments are processed through secure and trusted payment gateways.