Your Cart Is Empty!
- The US packaging industry was valued at US$151 billion in 2014, witnessing an increase of 2.0%compared to 2013.
- The Packaging Machinery Manufacturers Institute (PMMI) valued packaging machinery shipments at US$7.7 billion in 2011. Compared to 2010, the value of packaging machinery shipments grew by 19%, whilst exports increased by 16%, offsetting the decline observed during the recession period.
- The Glass Packaging Institute (GPI) valued the US Glass container industry at US$5.2 billion in 2014. Glass packaging is driven primarily by the alcoholic beverage segment, which accounts for 74% of total Glass container consumption.
- "Latest Trends and Key Issues in the US Retail Packaging Market" is a detailed industry report providing comprehensive analysis of the emerging trends and opportunities in the US packaging market
- The report is a result of a thorough analysis of consumer trends, packaging manufacturing trends and packaging innovation within the US consumer packaged goods market. The report provides both qualitative and quantitative insights into each of the packaging materials- flexible, glass, rigid plastic, rigid metal and paper &board
- The report includes detailed tables and charts to provide a comprehensive understanding of packaging consumption to clearly establish market trends, packaging dynamics and areas of future growth potential
- It provides an overview of the competitive landscape of the US packaging sector with an analysis of the key market leaders including a snap shot of major deals
Reasons To Buy
- Packaging companies and retailers seek the latest information on consumer trends and opportunities to formulate their sales and marketing strategies. There is also demand for authentic market data with a high level of detail. This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities of growth within the CPG market.
- As consumer product demand evolves the dynamics between different packaging types also evolves favoring some packaging types and formats and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum sales in the future.
- The differential growth across different packaging materials and formats drive fundamental shifts in the market. These differentials result from various factors such as changing consumer preferences, regulatory compliance, and innovation within the packaging market
- The report is a unique combination of in-depth qualitative analysis and authoritative packaging data for the years 2006-2018. Each packaging material has detailed data break up by packaging type, closure material, closure type, outer material, and outer type.
Table of Contents
2 Overview of the US Packaging Market
3 Consumer Drivers
3.1 Canadeans Consumer Trend Framework
3.1.1 Canadean Tracks 20 Consumer Trends
3.1.2 Canadean consumer data sizes the influence of key consumer needs in the retail market
3.2 Identifying the Key Trends for Packaging
3.2.1 The top 20 trends driving retail consumption in US
3.3 Personal Space & Time
3.3.1 Personal Space & Time influences US$180,151 million worth of CPG products consumption in US per annum
3.3.2 Personal Space & Time influencing Women more than Men
3.3.3 Early Young Adults are more concerned for Personal Space & Time
3.3.4 Consumers with low household income are wants their own space
3.3.5 Consumers with more time to spare are looking for some relax moments
3.4.1 Indulgence influences USD170,627 million worth of CPG products consumption in US per annum
3.4.2 Women are more influenced by the desire for indulgent products
3.4.3 Early Young Adult look for indulgent products
3.4.4 Moderate Income consumers seek indulgent products
3.4.5 Consumers with 3-5 hours time to spare look for indulgent products
3.5 Better Value for Money
3.5.1 Better Value for Money influences USD149,771 million worth of CPG products consumption in US per annum
3.5.2 Women are more influenced by the desire of Better Value products
3.5.3 Early Young Adults are seeking better value products
3.5.4 Consumers with moderate wealth desire for better value products
3.5.5 Consumers with moderate time to spare desire for better value products
3.6 Changing Lifestages
3.6.1 Changing Lifestages influences USD143,706 million worth of CPG products consumption in US per annum
3.6.2 Changing Lifestages influences US females
3.6.3 Changing Lifestages trend affects Early Young Adults in the US
3.6.4 Changing Lifestages evenly influencing all wealth group
3.6.5 US Consumers with more time to spare are the most influenced by Changing Lifestages trend
3.7 Busy Lives
3.7.1 Busy Lives influences USD122,055 million worth of CPG products consumption in US per annum
3.7.2 Women are more influenced by the trend of convenient products
3.7.3 Kids & Babies are in greatest need for Busy Lives
3.7.4 Busy Lives trend motivating all wealth groups
3.7.5 Consumers with average spare time giving more importance to products offering Busy Lives
3.8 Aging and culturally-diversified Americans aspirations evolve
3.8.1 Demographic changes alter packaging as demands from various consumer groups differ
3.8.2 Racial and ethnical diversity in the US leading to cultural blend
4 Market Dynamics
4.1.1 US Packaging by Material
4.1.2 US Packaging by Sector
4.1.3 US Packaging by Type
4.2 Flexible Packaging
4.2.1 Overall Flexible Packaging Market
4.2.2 Number of Flexible Packaging Packs by Industry
4.2.3 Number of Flexible Packaging Packs by Type
4.2.4 Number of Flexible Packaging Packs by Closure Material
4.2.5 Number of Flexible Packaging Packs by Closure Type
4.2.6 Number of Flexible Packaging Packs by Outer Material
4.2.7 Number of Flexible Packaging Packs by Outer Type
4.3 Paper & Board
4.3.1 Overall Paper & Board Packaging Market
4.3.2 Number of Paper & Board Packs by Industry
4.3.3 Number of Paper & Board Packs by Type
4.3.4 Number of Paper & Board Packs by Closure Material
4.3.5 Number of Paper & Board Packs by Closure Type
4.3.6 Number of Paper & Board Packs by Outer Material
4.3.7 Number of Paper & Board Packs by Outer Type
4.4 Rigid Plastics
4.4.1 Overall Rigid Plastic Packaging Market
4.4.2 Number of Rigid Plastic Packs by Industry
4.4.3 Number of Rigid Plastic Packs by Type
4.4.4 Number of Rigid Plastic Packs by Closure Material
4.4.5 Number of Rigid Plastic Packs by Closure Type
4.4.6 Number of Rigid Plastic Packs by Outer Material
4.4.7 Number of Rigid Plastic Packs by Outer Type
4.5 Rigid Metal
4.5.1 Overall Rigid Metal Packaging Market
4.5.2 Number of Rigid Metal Packs by Industry
4.5.3 Number of Rigid Metal Packs by Type
4.5.4 Number of Rigid Metal Packs by Closure Material
4.5.5 Number of Rigid Metal Packs by Closure Type
4.5.6 Number of Rigid Metal Packs by Outer Material
4.5.7 Number of Rigid Metal Packs by Outer Type
4.6.1 Overall Glass Packaging Market
4.6.2 Number of Glass Packs by Industry
4.6.3 Number of Glass Packs by Type
4.6.4 Number of Glass Packs by Closure Material
4.6.5 Number of Glass Packs by Closure Type
4.6.6 Number of Glass Packs by Outer Material
4.6.7 Number of Glass Packs by Outer Type
5 Packaging Design and Manufacturing Trends
5.1 Key Design Trends
5.1.1 The US is a key innovator in developing light weighting, which is essential for cost-efficient and eco-friendly packaging
5.1.2 American consumers have strong preference for convenient packaging
5.1.3 US product manufacturers have taken sustainability as a key factor for their packaging needs
5.1.4 Premiumization of cheaper packaging formats through innovations
5.1.5 Packaging firms need to more closely align themselves with manufacturers needs
5.2 Key manufacturing trends
5.2.1 Pouches are highly popular in the US market
5.2.2 US firms adopt technological advancements to aid innovation and reduce wastage
5.2.3 American companies improve efficiency through various technologies and processes
5.2.4 Difficulties in raw material procurement are driving up costs
6 Regulatory Environment
6.2 Regulatory authorities and State legislations
6.2.1 FDA on packaging regulations
6.2.2 EPA on Packaging regulations
7 Competitive Landscape
7.1 Competitive Landscape by Packaging Material
7.1.3 Paper & Board
7.1.4 Rigid Plastics
7.1.5 Flexible Packaging
7.2 Key Companies in the US Packaging Industry
7.3 Key Financial Deals
8.1 What is this Report About?
8.2 Time Frame
8.3 Product Category Coverage
8.4 Packaging Definitions
8.4.1 Primary Packaging Container
8.4.2 Primary Packaging Closure
8.4.3 Primary Packaging Outer
8.5 Consumer Survey Definitions
8.5.1 Demographic Definitions
8.6.1 Overall Research Program Framework
8.6.2 Stage 1 - Initial Market Sizing of the Packaging Market
8.6.3 Stage 2 - Primary Research on Packaging Consumption
8.6.4 Stage 3 - Analyst Review
8.6.5 Stage 4 - Expert Review
8.6.6 Stage 5 - Publication
8.7 About Canadean
Ardagh group SA
Rexam Beverage Cans Americas
Crown Holdings Inc.
Sealed Air Corporation
Bemis Company Inc.
Following are different modes of Licenses.
a. Single User License:
This license allows only one person to use the report. This person can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people. Unless you purchase a Site License or a Global Site License, a Single User License must be purchased for every single person that wishes to use the report within the same enterprise.
b. Single Site License:
This license allows unlimited users to use the report within one company location, e.g. a regional office. These users can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people.
c. Global Site License:
A Global Site License (or Enterprise wide Site License or Global License) is a license granted to original purchaser, who can share a report with other employees and authorized Users of the same organization.
1. How do you deliver the reports?
The delivery of reports is depends on format & mode of license of report(s). Following are different kinds of formats of report(s) and their delivery options :
a. Electronic Format – Through email from Publisher
Report will be sent to your username email address in PDF, Excel, PowerPoint or any other electronic / softcopy format by publisher.
Delivery Time: 12 to 48 hours [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
b. Hard Copy or Printed Format or CD-Rom – Through Mail or Courier from Publisher
Report will be sent through mail / courier delivery to your shipping address by publisher.
Delivery Time: Less than, few weeks [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
2. How can I make payment for publications I purchase?
You could be able to make the payment, in following ways:
a. Online Secure Payment through Credit Card Payment : We accept Visa, Master, AMEX Cards & CCAvenue
b. Transfer of fund to our bank account via Bank transfer or Wire transfer
c. Payment via DD or Cheque
3. Is it safe to use my credit card on MarketinfoResearch?
Your personal information and online tranaction on Marketinfo Research is secure, private, and tamper-proof. All credit card payments are processed through secure and trusted payment gateways.