Your Cart Is Empty!
- Luggage and leather goods sales accounted for a marginal share of 1.18% of the total retail sales in 2014.
- Online is the fastest-growing channel in the luggage and leather goods category
- Commanding a 44.1% share of the overall sales in the segment, specialist retailers dominate the luggage and leather goods market in South Africa.
"Luggage and Leather Goods Retailing in South Africa - Market Summary and Forecasts" is a detailed sector report providing a comprehensive analysis of the emerging trends, forecasts and opportunities to 2019.
What else does this report offer?
- A thorough analysis of consumer trends changing economic and population factors
- Both qualitative and quantitative insights and analysis of the shifting luggage and leather goods retail dynamics from 2009 to 2019
- Sales of luggage and leather goods through the following channels from 2009 to 2019: Department stores; other specialist retailers; online; hypermarkets, supermarkets and hard-discounters; value, variety stores and general merchandise retailers; other general and non-specialist direct retailers; cash and carries and warehouse clubs; duty free retailers; clothing, footwear, accessories and luxury goods specialists
- An overview of key luggage and leather goods retailers operating across South Africa and their presence across distribution channels
Reasons To Buy
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge on luggage and leather goods sector in the South Africa retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behaviour trends in luggage and leather goods category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing the consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest growing categories including luggage and leather goods, with insights on performance across key channels from 2009, with forecasts until 2019
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the luggage and leather goods market
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the luggage and leather goods market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge - identify opportunities to improve your market share
Table of Contents
1.1 What is this Report About?
2. Executive Summary and Outlook
3. Market Context
3.1 Retail Scenario in South Africa
3.1.1 Stable economic conditions bode well for retailers
3.1.2 Being a consumption led economy augurs well for retailers
3.1.3 Services sector is the major sector for employment
3.1.4 Unemployment and labor unrest pose a challenge to the country's economy
3.1.5 Rising inflation rates - a key concern for retailers
3.1.6 Steady rise in consumption expenditure- an opportunity for retailers
3.1.7 Increasing urbanization offers growth opportunities for retailers
3.2 A major chunk of the population are young - a positive scenario for retail
4. South African Shoppers
4.1 South Africa presents more challenges than opportunities to newcomers
4.2 M-commerce on a rise as consumers increasingly adopt smartphones
4.3 Demand for private labels on a rise
4.4 Rising HNWI and aspirational middle class will support growth
4.5 Inbound tourism to boost retail sales
5. Doing Business in South Africa
5.1.2 Business culture
5.1.3 Infrastructure and logistics
5.2 Business reforms in South Africa
6. Retail - Product Sectors
6.1 Product Sector Analysis
6.1.1 Luggage and Leather Goods
6.2 Luggage and Leather Goods Category Overview
6.2.1 Luggage and Leather Goods
6.3 Major Retailers
6.3.1 Luggage and Leather Goods
7.1.1 This report provides 2014 actual sales; while forecasts are provided for 2015 - 2019
7.2 Summary Methodology
7.2.2 The triangulated market sizing method
7.2.3 Industry surveys in the creation of retail market data
7.2.4 Quality control and standardized processes
7.3 About Conlumino
List of Tables
Table 1: South Africa Luggage and Leather Goods Retail Sales (ZAR mn), by Channel Group, 2009-2014
Table 2: South Africa Luggage and Leather Goods Retail Sales Forecast (ZAR mn), by Channel Group, 2014-2019
Table 3: South Africa Luggage and Leather Goods Retail Sales (US$ mn), by Channel Group, 2009-2014
Table 4: South Africa Luggage and Leather Goods Retail Sales Forecast (US$ mn), by Channel Group, 2014-2019
Table 5: South Africa Luggage and Leather Goods Retail Segmentation, by Channel Group, 2009-2019
Table 6: Key Luggage and Leather Goods Retailers in South Africa
Table 7: South Africa Exchange Rate ZAR-USD (Annual Average), 2009-2014
Table 8: South Africa Exchange Rate ZAR-USD (Annual Average), 2015-2019 Forecasts
Table 9: Conlumino Retail Channel Definitions
Table 10: Conlumino Retail Category Definitions
List of Figures
Figure 1: GDP Value (US$ billion), 2009-2014
Figure 2: Growth Rate of GDP (US$ billion, %), 2009-2014
Figure 3: GDP Value and Growth (AUD billion, %), 2008-2014
Figure 4: Forecasts for GDP Value and Growth (AUD billion, %), 2014-2019
Figure 5: Gross Domestic Savings (% of GDP), 2004-2014
Figure 6: Share of Employment by Sector (%), 2004 and 2014
Figure 7: Unemployment Rate (%), 2004-2014
Figure 8: Inflation Growth Rates (%), 2004-2014
Figure 9: Household Consumption Expenditure of South Africa (US$ billion), 2004 and 2014
Figure 10: Household Consumption Expenditure of Major Countries (US$ billion), 2014
Figure 11: Growth of Household Consumption Expenditure (US$, %), 2004-2014
Figure 12: Rural and Urban Populations (millions) 2004, 2014 and 2019
Figure 13: Total Population and Growth Rate (Millions, %), 2004-2019
Figure 14: Population Split by Gender (%), 2014 and 2019E
Figure 15: Population Split by Age Group (%), 2014 and 2019
Figure 16: Per Capita Spend on Retail (ZAR), 2006 and 2014
Figure 17: Per Capita Spend (ZAR)and Total Retail Spend by Age Group (%), 2006 and 2019
Figure 18: Challenges outweigh the opportunities present in the South African market
Figure 19: Mobile shopping on the rise
Figure 20: Private labels rise on the back of high unemployment and low household income
Figure 21: Tourist arrivals to South Africa, (in thousands), 2009 and 2014
Figure 22: Key Components of Doing Business in South Africa
Figure 23: Share of Luggage and Leather Goods in overall Retail 2014 and 2019
Figure 24: Retail Sales Value and Growth (ZAR billion, %) of Luggage and Leather Goods 2014-2019
Figure 25: Spend per Head on Luggage and Leather Goods 2014 and 2019
Figure 26: Online Spend in Luggage and Leather Goods 2014-2019
Figure 27: Online Share of total Luggage and Leather Goods Spend 2014 and 2019
Figure 28: Spending per Channel in Luggage and Leather Goods (%) 2014 and 2019
Figure 29: South Africa Luggage and Leather Goods Retail Sales and Forecast (ZAR mn), by Channel Group, 2009-2019
Figure 30: The Triangulated Market Sizing Methodology
Following are different modes of Licenses.
a. Single User License:
This license allows only one person to use the report. This person can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people. Unless you purchase a Site License or a Global Site License, a Single User License must be purchased for every single person that wishes to use the report within the same enterprise.
b. Single Site License:
This license allows unlimited users to use the report within one company location, e.g. a regional office. These users can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people.
c. Global Site License:
A Global Site License (or Enterprise wide Site License or Global License) is a license granted to original purchaser, who can share a report with other employees and authorized Users of the same organization.
1. How do you deliver the reports?
The delivery of reports is depends on format & mode of license of report(s). Following are different kinds of formats of report(s) and their delivery options :
a. Electronic Format – Through email from Publisher
Report will be sent to your username email address in PDF, Excel, PowerPoint or any other electronic / softcopy format by publisher.
Delivery Time: 12 to 48 hours [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
b. Hard Copy or Printed Format or CD-Rom – Through Mail or Courier from Publisher
Report will be sent through mail / courier delivery to your shipping address by publisher.
Delivery Time: Less than, few weeks [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
2. How can I make payment for publications I purchase?
You could be able to make the payment, in following ways:
a. Online Secure Payment through Credit Card Payment : We accept Visa, Master, AMEX Cards & CCAvenue
b. Transfer of fund to our bank account via Bank transfer or Wire transfer
c. Payment via DD or Cheque
3. Is it safe to use my credit card on MarketinfoResearch?
Your personal information and online tranaction on Marketinfo Research is secure, private, and tamper-proof. All credit card payments are processed through secure and trusted payment gateways.