Your Cart Is Empty!
- Luggage and leather goods sales accounted for a marginal share of the total retail sales in 2014 and the sales are expected to grow at a CAGR of 4% over the next five years
- Commanding a 43.9% share of the overall sales in the segment, specialist retailers dominate the luggage and leather goods market in the UK.
- Online is the fastest-growing channel in the luggage and leather goods category
- Retailers are using omni-channel strategies to build brand awareness and loyalty by offering more choice and convenience.
"Luggage and Leather Goods Retailing in the UK - Market Summary and Forecasts" " is a detailed sector report providing a comprehensive analysis of the emerging trends, forecasts and opportunities to 2019.
What else does this report offer?
- A thorough analysis of consumer trends changing economic and population factors
- Both qualitative and quantitative insights and analysis of the shifting luggage and leather goods retail dynamics from 2009 to 2019
- Sales of luggage and leather goods through the following channels from 2009 to 2019: Department stores; other specialist retailers; online; hypermarkets, supermarkets and hard-discounters; value, variety stores and general merchandise retailers; other general and non-specialist direct retailers; cash and carries and warehouse clubs; duty free retailers; clothing, footwear, accessories and luxury goods specialists
- An overview of key luggage and leather goods retailers operating across the UK and their presence across distribution channels
Reasons To Buy
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge on luggage and leather goods sector in the UK's retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behaviour trends in luggage and leather goods category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing the consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest growing categories including luggage and leather goods, with insights on performance across key channels from 2009, with forecasts until 2019
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the luggage and leather goods market
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the luggage and leather goods market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge - identify opportunities to improve your market share
Table of Contents
1.1 What is this Report About?
2 Executive Summary and Outlook
3 Market Context
3.1 UK's economy takes a deep lurch due to Global recession
3.1.1 UK economy saw a nascent recovery after global financial crisis
3.1.2 Uncertain economic conditions led to a surge in savings rate
3.1.3 Service sector remains the dominant sector for employment
3.1.4 UK's unemployment rate falls to a record low
3.1.5 Inflation rate is down to a decade low
3.1.6 Consumer spending is one of the main drivers for the UK's recovery
3.2 Britain registers a strong population growth in Europe
4 UK Shoppers
4.1 Click-and-collect services gained popularity among UK shoppers
4.2 Online retailing on special days such as Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and Manic Monday have witnessed record-breaking sales
4.3 Price sensitive consumers drive Private-label sales in UK
4.4 Social media effects the purchasing decisions of UK consumers
4.5 Chinese tourists boost retail sales in UK
5 Doing Business in UK
5.1.2 Business culture
5.1.4 Infrastructure and logistics
5.2 Taxation in the UK
5.2.1 Corporate tax
5.2.2 Withholding tax
5.3 Trading Hours Law for Retailers
5.4 Data Protection Law requires Organizations to Respond
5.5 Accepting Returns and Giving Refunds: the Law
6 Retail - Product Sectors
6.1 Product Sector Analysis
6.1.1 Luggage and Leather Goods
6.2 Luggage and Leather Goods Category Overview
6.2.1 Luggage and Leather Goods
6.3 Major Retailers
6.3.1 Luggage and Leather Goods
7.2 Summary Methodology
7.2.2 The triangulated market sizing method
7.2.3 Industry surveys in the creation of retail market data
7.2.4 Quality control and standardized processes
7.3 About Conlumino
List of Tables
Table 1: UK Luggage and Leather Goods Retail Sales (GBP mn), by Channel Group, 2009-2014
Table 2: UK Luggage and Leather Goods Retail Sales Forecast (GBP mn), by Channel Group, 2014-2019
Table 3: UK Luggage and Leather Goods Retail Sales (US$ mn), by Channel Group, 2009-2014
Table 4: UK Luggage and Leather Goods Retail Sales Forecast (US$ mn), by Channel Group, 2014-2019
Table 5: UK Luggage and Leather Goods Retail Segmentation, by Channel Group, 2009-2019
Table 6: Key Luggage and Leather Goods Retailers in the UK
Table 7: UK Exchange Rate GBP-USD (Annual Average), 2009-2014
Table 8: UK Exchange Rate GBP-USD (Annual Average), 2015-2019 Forecasts
Table 9: Conlumino Retail Channel Definitions
Table 10: Conlumino Retail Category Definitions
List of Figures
Figure 1: GDP Value (US$ billion), 2008-2014E
Figure 2: Growth Rate of GDP (US$ billion, %), 2008-2014E
Figure 3: GDP Value and Growth (GBP billion, %), 2008-2014E
Figure 4: Forecasts for GDP Value and Growth (GBP billion, %), 2014-2019
Figure 5: Gross Domestic Savings Rate (% of Disposable Household Income), 2004-2014
Figure 6: Share of Employment by Sector (%), 2004 and 2014E
Figure 7: Unemployment Rate (%), 2004-2014E
Figure 8: Inflation Rate (%), 2004-2014
Figure 9: Household Consumption Expenditure in UK (GBP billion), 2004 and 2014E
Figure 10: Household Consumption Expenditure of Major Countries (US$ billion), 2014E
Figure 11: Rural and Urban Populations (millions) 2004, 2014, and 2019
Figure 12: Total Population and Growth Rate (Millions, %), 2004-2019
Figure 13: Population Split by Gender (%), 2014 and 2019
Figure 14: Population Split by Age Group (%), 2014 and 2019
Figure 15: Per Capita Spend on Retail (GBP), 2006 and 2014
Figure 16: Per Capita Spend (GBP) and Total Retail Spend by Age Group (%), 2006 and 2014
Figure 17: Click-and-collect services of retailers in the UK
Figure 18: 2014 Black Friday and Cyber Monday E-commerce in the UK 2014
Figure 19: Private label brands account for more than half of the UK grocery sales
Figure 20: 2014 Popular Social Media sites in UK
Figure 21: Chinese visitors in UK
Figure 22: Share of Luggage and Leather Goods in Total Retail Sales, 2014 and 2019
Figure 23: Retail Sales Value and Growth (GBP billion, %) of Luggage and Leather Goods, 2014-2019
Figure 24: Spend per Head on Luggage and Leather Goods 2014 and 2019
Figure 25: Online Spend and Growth (GBP billion, %) in Luggage and Leather Goods, 2014-2019
Figure 26: Online Share of total Luggage and Leather Goods Spend, 2014 and 2019
Figure 27: Spending per Channel in Luggage and Leather Goods (%), 2014 and 2019
Figure 28: UK Luggage and Leather Goods Retail Sales and Forecast (GBP mn), by Channel Group, 2009-2019
Figure 29: The Triangulated Market Sizing Methodology
Following are different modes of Licenses.
a. Single User License:
This license allows only one person to use the report. This person can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people. Unless you purchase a Site License or a Global Site License, a Single User License must be purchased for every single person that wishes to use the report within the same enterprise.
b. Single Site License:
This license allows unlimited users to use the report within one company location, e.g. a regional office. These users can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people.
c. Global Site License:
A Global Site License (or Enterprise wide Site License or Global License) is a license granted to original purchaser, who can share a report with other employees and authorized Users of the same organization.
1. How do you deliver the reports?
The delivery of reports is depends on format & mode of license of report(s). Following are different kinds of formats of report(s) and their delivery options :
a. Electronic Format – Through email from Publisher
Report will be sent to your username email address in PDF, Excel, PowerPoint or any other electronic / softcopy format by publisher.
Delivery Time: 12 to 48 hours [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
b. Hard Copy or Printed Format or CD-Rom – Through Mail or Courier from Publisher
Report will be sent through mail / courier delivery to your shipping address by publisher.
Delivery Time: Less than, few weeks [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
2. How can I make payment for publications I purchase?
You could be able to make the payment, in following ways:
a. Online Secure Payment through Credit Card Payment : We accept Visa, Master, AMEX Cards & CCAvenue
b. Transfer of fund to our bank account via Bank transfer or Wire transfer
c. Payment via DD or Cheque
3. Is it safe to use my credit card on MarketinfoResearch?
Your personal information and online tranaction on Marketinfo Research is secure, private, and tamper-proof. All credit card payments are processed through secure and trusted payment gateways.