Your Cart Is Empty!
- Analyzes the hotel industry looking at the strengths and weakness of Marriott and Starwood.
- Looks at the changes within the industry including mergers and acquisitions.
- Considers threats from competitors and the future of the industry
Reasons To Buy
Why has Marriott purchases Starwood?
Are others in the industry considering acquisitions?
What are the main threats in the industry?
Just how important is the rewards scheme in the industry?
- Both Starwood and Marriott are very large international hotel chains. Whilst there are some similarities between the groups in terms of their focus on luxury and mid to high tier hotels, they have different approaches to their rewards schemes, focus on different international locations and have a different approach to ownership of their hotels and real estate.
- The deal has been quite full of intrigue as players stepped forward to attempt to purchase Starwood as soon as it became apparent the company was open to offers. Chinese bidder Anbang Insurance group looked at one stage to have completed a major coup as it out bid Marriott. The amount of players who appeared ready to buy Starwood showed that the market players have set a policy of consolidation.
- Reward schemes are absolutely crucial to the industry they help guarantee custom and attract the reliable business and frequent users to remain loyal to a brand. Marriott and Starwood have rather different offerings for their reward schemes customers and investors have been concerned at how the two will be merged.
Table of Contents
Marriott and Starwood hotel groups
Starwood Hotel Group
Starwoods reward program
Marriott Hotel Group
Marriott Rewards Program
The market is rife for consolidation
Bid and counter bid went on for weeks as Chinese firm
Consolidation in the market may be the most important aspect
Merging the companies will be difficult
How the two reward schemes work shows investor concerns
Merging of the brands is unlikely to happen
There has been a challenge to the merger via exclusivity deals
Hotel industry is beginning to change
The economic down turn led to some big changes
Biggest hotel chains have an over reliance on the USA
The threat from Airbnb is growing especially in the inner city
This huge new company could dominate for the time being
What to do about real estate is a big question
The rewards scheme and any future mergers could threaten
Ask the analyst
List of Tables
Table 1: Key Starwood Hotel Segments
Table 2: Key Marriott Hotel Segments
Table 3: Key events of the merger
List of Figures
Figure 1: Worlds largest hotel groups by room count 2015
Following are different modes of Licenses.
a. Single User License:
This license allows only one person to use the report. This person can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people. Unless you purchase a Site License or a Global Site License, a Single User License must be purchased for every single person that wishes to use the report within the same enterprise.
b. Single Site License:
This license allows unlimited users to use the report within one company location, e.g. a regional office. These users can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people.
c. Global Site License:
A Global Site License (or Enterprise wide Site License or Global License) is a license granted to original purchaser, who can share a report with other employees and authorized Users of the same organization.
1. How do you deliver the reports?
The delivery of reports is depends on format & mode of license of report(s). Following are different kinds of formats of report(s) and their delivery options :
a. Electronic Format – Through email from Publisher
Report will be sent to your username email address in PDF, Excel, PowerPoint or any other electronic / softcopy format by publisher.
Delivery Time: 12 to 48 hours [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
b. Hard Copy or Printed Format or CD-Rom – Through Mail or Courier from Publisher
Report will be sent through mail / courier delivery to your shipping address by publisher.
Delivery Time: Less than, few weeks [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
2. How can I make payment for publications I purchase?
You could be able to make the payment, in following ways:
a. Online Secure Payment through Credit Card Payment : We accept Visa, Master, AMEX Cards & CCAvenue
b. Transfer of fund to our bank account via Bank transfer or Wire transfer
c. Payment via DD or Cheque
3. Is it safe to use my credit card on MarketinfoResearch?
Your personal information and online tranaction on Marketinfo Research is secure, private, and tamper-proof. All credit card payments are processed through secure and trusted payment gateways.