Your Cart Is Empty!
- The mobile phone market consists of all cell phones used for mobile telephony. The market is split into two segments: feature phones and smartphones. Smartphones are defined as advanced cell phones that serve as computing devices in addition to being mobile handsets and that run on an advanced mobile operating system. Key examples of smartphones include the Apple iPhone range (which run on the iOS operating system), Samsung Galaxy S6 (which runs on the Android operating system) and Blackberry and Windows Phone handsets. Feature phones are defined as cell phones that are not considered to be smartphones. Feature phones may still offer some features that smartphones do, such as the ability to browse the Internet, listen to music or take pictures, but have significantly less computational power than smartphones. Key examples of feature phones include the Nokia 215 and the LG Rumor Touch. The market does not include other types of handset, such as cordless phones in which a short-range radio link is used to communicate between the handset and a fixed-line base station, or those used for specialized applications such as two-way radio, etc. Market volumes for a given year are defined as the number of shipments to end-users, including both new uptake and renewal purchases and market values have been calculated using average selling prices before the impact of carrier subsidies. The units in the report represent number of phones delivered to users each year, not the total number of phones in existence. All currency conversions are carried out at constant average annual 2014 exchange rates.
- The Brazilian mobile phones market had total revenues of $16.2bn in 2014, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 35.1% between 2010 and 2014.
- The market volume increased with a CAGR of 7.3% between 2010 and 2014, to reach a total of 73 million handsets in 2014.
- The performance of the market is forecast to decline, with an anticipated compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -0.1% for the five-year period 2014 - 2019, which is expected to drive the market to a value of $16.2bn by the end of 2019.
Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the mobile phones market in Brazil
Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the mobile phones market in Brazil
Leading company profiles reveal details of key mobile phones market players global operations and financial performance
Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Brazil mobile phones market with five year forecasts
Macroeconomic indicators provide insight into general trends within the Brazil economy
Reasons To Buy
What was the size of the Brazil mobile phones market by value in 2014?
What will be the size of the Brazil mobile phones market in 2019?
What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Brazil mobile phones market?
How has the market performed over the last five years?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Market volume 2
Market volume forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market volume 10
Market Segmentation 11
Category segmentation 11
Geography segmentation 12
Market Outlook 13
Market value forecast 13
Market volume forecast 14
Five Forces Analysis 15
Buyer power 16
Supplier power 17
New entrants 19
Threat of substitutes 21
Degree of rivalry 22
Leading Companies 24
Apple Inc. 24
Lenovo Group Limited 29
LG Electronics, Inc. 32
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. 35
Macroeconomic Indicators 38
Country Data 38
Industry associations 41
Related MarketLine research 41
About MarketLine 42
LIST OF TABLES
Table 1: Brazil mobile phones market value: $ billion, 2010-14 9
Table 2: Brazil mobile phones market volume: million handsets, 2010-14 10
Table 3: Brazil mobile phones market category segmentation: million handsets, 2014 11
Table 4: Brazil mobile phones market geography segmentation: $ billion, 2014 12
Table 5: Brazil mobile phones market value forecast: $ billion, 2014-19 13
Table 6: Brazil mobile phones market volume forecast: million handsets, 2014-19 14
Table 7: Apple Inc.: key facts 24
Table 8: Apple Inc.: key financials ($) 27
Table 9: Apple Inc.: key financial ratios 27
Table 10: Lenovo Group Limited: key facts 29
Table 11: Lenovo Group Limited: key financials ($) 30
Table 12: Lenovo Group Limited: key financial ratios 30
Table 13: LG Electronics, Inc.: key facts 32
Table 14: LG Electronics, Inc.: key financials ($) 33
Table 15: LG Electronics, Inc.: key financials (KRW) 33
Table 16: LG Electronics, Inc.: key financial ratios 33
Table 17: Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.: key facts 35
Table 18: Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.: key financials ($) 36
Table 19: Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.: key financials (KRW) 36
Table 20: Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.: key financial ratios 36
Table 21: Brazil size of population (million), 2010-14 38
Table 22: Brazil gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2010-14 38
Table 23: Brazil gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2010-14 38
Table 24: Brazil inflation, 2010-14 39
Table 25: Brazil consumer price index (absolute), 2010-14 39
Table 26: Brazil exchange rate, 2010-14 39
LIST OF FIGURES
Figure 1: Brazil mobile phones market value: $ billion, 2010-14 9
Figure 2: Brazil mobile phones market volume: million handsets, 2010-14 10
Figure 3: Brazil mobile phones market category segmentation: % share, by volume, 2014 11
Figure 4: Brazil mobile phones market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2014 12
Figure 5: Brazil mobile phones market value forecast: $ billion, 2014-19 13
Figure 6: Brazil mobile phones market volume forecast: million handsets, 2014-19 14
Figure 7: Forces driving competition in the mobile phones market in Brazil, 2014 15
Figure 8: Drivers of buyer power in the mobile phones market in Brazil, 2014 16
Figure 9: Drivers of supplier power in the mobile phones market in Brazil, 2014 17
Figure 10: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the mobile phones market in Brazil, 2014 19
Figure 11: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the mobile phones market in Brazil, 2014 21
Figure 12: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the mobile phones market in Brazil, 2014 22
Figure 13: Apple Inc.: revenues and profitability 27
Figure 14: Apple Inc.: assets and liabilities 28
Figure 15: Lenovo Group Limited: revenues and profitability 31
Figure 16: Lenovo Group Limited: assets and liabilities 31
Figure 17: LG Electronics, Inc.: revenues and profitability 34
Figure 18: LG Electronics, Inc.: assets and liabilities 34
Figure 19: Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.: revenues and profitability 37
Figure 20: Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.: assets and liabilities 37
Lenovo Group Limited
LG Electronics, Inc.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Following are different modes of Licenses.
a. Single User License:
This license allows only one person to use the report. This person can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people. Unless you purchase a Site License or a Global Site License, a Single User License must be purchased for every single person that wishes to use the report within the same enterprise.
b. Single Site License:
This license allows unlimited users to use the report within one company location, e.g. a regional office. These users can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people.
c. Global Site License:
A Global Site License (or Enterprise wide Site License or Global License) is a license granted to original purchaser, who can share a report with other employees and authorized Users of the same organization.
1. How do you deliver the reports?
The delivery of reports is depends on format & mode of license of report(s). Following are different kinds of formats of report(s) and their delivery options :
a. Electronic Format – Through email from Publisher
Report will be sent to your username email address in PDF, Excel, PowerPoint or any other electronic / softcopy format by publisher.
Delivery Time: 12 to 48 hours [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
b. Hard Copy or Printed Format or CD-Rom – Through Mail or Courier from Publisher
Report will be sent through mail / courier delivery to your shipping address by publisher.
Delivery Time: Less than, few weeks [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
2. How can I make payment for publications I purchase?
You could be able to make the payment, in following ways:
a. Online Secure Payment through Credit Card Payment : We accept Visa, Master, AMEX Cards & CCAvenue
b. Transfer of fund to our bank account via Bank transfer or Wire transfer
c. Payment via DD or Cheque
3. Is it safe to use my credit card on MarketinfoResearch?
Your personal information and online tranaction on Marketinfo Research is secure, private, and tamper-proof. All credit card payments are processed through secure and trusted payment gateways.