Your Cart Is Empty!
- The mobile phone market consists of all cell phones used for mobile telephony. The market is split into two segments: feature phones and smartphones. Smartphones are defined as advanced cell phones that serve as computing devices in addition to being mobile handsets and that run on an advanced mobile operating system. Key examples of smartphones include the Apple iPhone range (which run on the iOS operating system), Samsung Galaxy S6 (which runs on the Android operating system) and Blackberry and Windows Phone handsets. Feature phones are defined as cell phones that are not considered to be smartphones. Feature phones may still offer some features that smartphones do, such as the ability to browse the Internet, listen to music or take pictures, but have significantly less computational power than smartphones. Key examples of feature phones include the Nokia 215 and the LG Rumor Touch. The market does not include other types of handset, such as cordless phones in which a short-range radio link is used to communicate between the handset and a fixed-line base station, or those used for specialized applications such as two-way radio, etc. Market volumes for a given year are defined as the number of shipments to end-users, including both new uptake and renewal purchases and market values have been calculated using average selling prices before the impact of carrier subsidies. The units in the report represent number of phones delivered to users each year, not the total number of phones in existence. All currency conversions are carried out at constant average annual 2014 exchange rates.
- The Russian mobile phones market had total revenues of $6.7bn in 2014, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 13.3% between 2010 and 2014.
- The market volume increased with a CAGR of 6.1% between 2010 and 2014, to reach a total of 44.3 million handsets in 2014.
- The performance of the market is forecast to decelerate, with an anticipated CAGR of 2.8% for the five-year period 2014 - 2019, which is expected to drive the market to a value of $7.7bn by the end of 2019.
Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the mobile phones market in Russia
Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the mobile phones market in Russia
Leading company profiles reveal details of key mobile phones market players global operations and financial performance
Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Russia mobile phones market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Macroeconomic indicators provide insight into general trends within the Russia economy
Reasons To Buy
What was the size of the Russia mobile phones market by value in 2014?
What will be the size of the Russia mobile phones market in 2019?
What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Russia mobile phones market?
How has the market performed over the last five years?
What are the main segments that make up Russias mobile phones market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Market volume 2
Market volume forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market volume 10
Market Segmentation 11
Category segmentation 11
Geography segmentation 12
Market Outlook 13
Market value forecast 13
Market volume forecast 14
Five Forces Analysis 15
Buyer power 16
Supplier power 17
New entrants 18
Threat of substitutes 20
Degree of rivalry 21
Leading Companies 23
Apple Inc. 23
Microsoft Corporation 28
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. 31
TCL Communication Technology Holdings Limited 34
Macroeconomic Indicators 37
Country Data 37
Industry associations 40
Related MarketLine research 40
About MarketLine 41
LIST OF TABLES
Table 1: Russia mobile phones market value: $ billion, 2010-14 9
Table 2: Russia mobile phones market volume: million handsets, 2010-14 10
Table 3: Russia mobile phones market category segmentation: million handsets, 2014 11
Table 4: Russia mobile phones market geography segmentation: $ billion, 2014 12
Table 5: Russia mobile phones market value forecast: $ billion, 2014-19 13
Table 6: Russia mobile phones market volume forecast: million handsets, 2014-19 14
Table 7: Apple Inc.: key facts 23
Table 8: Apple Inc.: key financials ($) 26
Table 9: Apple Inc.: key financial ratios 26
Table 10: Microsoft Corporation: key facts 28
Table 11: Microsoft Corporation: key financials ($) 29
Table 12: Microsoft Corporation: key financial ratios 29
Table 13: Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.: key facts 31
Table 14: Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.: key financials ($) 32
Table 15: Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.: key financials (KRW) 32
Table 16: Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.: key financial ratios 32
Table 17: TCL Communication Technology Holdings Limited: key facts 34
Table 18: TCL Communication Technology Holdings Limited: key financials ($) 34
Table 19: TCL Communication Technology Holdings Limited: key financials (HK$) 35
Table 20: TCL Communication Technology Holdings Limited: key financial ratios 35
Table 21: Russia size of population (million), 2010-14 37
Table 22: Russia gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2010-14 37
Table 23: Russia gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2010-14 37
Table 24: Russia inflation, 2010-14 38
Table 25: Russia consumer price index (absolute), 2010-14 38
Table 26: Russia exchange rate, 2010-14 38
LIST OF FIGURES
Figure 1: Russia mobile phones market value: $ billion, 2010-14 9
Figure 2: Russia mobile phones market volume: million handsets, 2010-14 10
Figure 3: Russia mobile phones market category segmentation: % share, by volume, 2014 11
Figure 4: Russia mobile phones market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2014 12
Figure 5: Russia mobile phones market value forecast: $ billion, 2014-19 13
Figure 6: Russia mobile phones market volume forecast: million handsets, 2014-19 14
Figure 7: Forces driving competition in the mobile phones market in Russia, 2014 15
Figure 8: Drivers of buyer power in the mobile phones market in Russia, 2014 16
Figure 9: Drivers of supplier power in the mobile phones market in Russia, 2014 17
Figure 10: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the mobile phones market in Russia, 2014 18
Figure 11: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the mobile phones market in Russia, 2014 20
Figure 12: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the mobile phones market in Russia, 2014 21
Figure 13: Apple Inc.: revenues and profitability 26
Figure 14: Apple Inc.: assets and liabilities 27
Figure 15: Microsoft Corporation: revenues and profitability 30
Figure 16: Microsoft Corporation: assets and liabilities 30
Figure 17: Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.: revenues and profitability 33
Figure 18: Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.: assets and liabilities 33
Figure 19: TCL Communication Technology Holdings Limited: revenues and profitability 35
Following are different modes of Licenses.
a. Single User License:
This license allows only one person to use the report. This person can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people. Unless you purchase a Site License or a Global Site License, a Single User License must be purchased for every single person that wishes to use the report within the same enterprise.
b. Single Site License:
This license allows unlimited users to use the report within one company location, e.g. a regional office. These users can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people.
c. Global Site License:
A Global Site License (or Enterprise wide Site License or Global License) is a license granted to original purchaser, who can share a report with other employees and authorized Users of the same organization.
1. How do you deliver the reports?
The delivery of reports is depends on format & mode of license of report(s). Following are different kinds of formats of report(s) and their delivery options :
a. Electronic Format – Through email from Publisher
Report will be sent to your username email address in PDF, Excel, PowerPoint or any other electronic / softcopy format by publisher.
Delivery Time: 12 to 48 hours [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
b. Hard Copy or Printed Format or CD-Rom – Through Mail or Courier from Publisher
Report will be sent through mail / courier delivery to your shipping address by publisher.
Delivery Time: Less than, few weeks [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
2. How can I make payment for publications I purchase?
You could be able to make the payment, in following ways:
a. Online Secure Payment through Credit Card Payment : We accept Visa, Master, AMEX Cards & CCAvenue
b. Transfer of fund to our bank account via Bank transfer or Wire transfer
c. Payment via DD or Cheque
3. Is it safe to use my credit card on MarketinfoResearch?
Your personal information and online tranaction on Marketinfo Research is secure, private, and tamper-proof. All credit card payments are processed through secure and trusted payment gateways.