Your Cart Is Empty!
- With revenue of $1.5bn, or 1.9% of GDP, the telecom services market in Oman is the 17th largest in the Africa and the Middle East region in 2014. Over the next five years, Pyramid Research expects total market revenue in Oman to grow at a CAGR of 4.9% to reach $1.9bn in 2019. Overall, the telecom services market is much smaller than that of other GCC countries such as the UAE and Kuwait, in line with Omans smaller population and GDP levels.
- The leading operator, Omantel, accounted for 67.0% of total service revenue in 2014. Both operators (Omantel and Ooredoo) are investing in LTE networks in bids to extend their respective market shares. At year-end 2014, 57.7% of mobile subscriptions in Oman were 3G. We expect the number of 3G subscriptions to rise at a CAGR of 11.6% from 2014 to 2019.
- Over the next five years, the mobile data segment will present the most attractive opportunity for operators; we expect it to generate a cumulative $3.2bn in revenue during 2014-2019. Fixed broadband will generate a cumulative $2.1bn over the same period, nearly three times the revenue fixed voice will generate. To take full advantage of this growth, Omani operators are developing their converged offers and are competing fiercely on bundling. We expect that customized features of converged offers, and the bundling of traditional voice and data services with new multimedia and IT services, will make them more competitive. Both Omantel and Ooredoo are in a good position to address the increasing demand for convergence, since they are active in all segments of the market.
This report provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Oman today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2019. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Omans telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Researchs databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: telecom market size and trends in Oman compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Oman.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony (including VoIP), broadband, mobile voice and mobile data markets.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2014 to 2019.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Omans telecommunications markets.
Reasons To Buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Omans telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying Pyramid Researchs Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Omans mobile communications, fixed telephony/VoIP, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in OMANs telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Oman.
Table of Contents
Market and competitor overview
Major market players
Overall market opportunities
Following are different modes of Licenses.
a. Single User License:
This license allows only one person to use the report. This person can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people. Unless you purchase a Site License or a Global Site License, a Single User License must be purchased for every single person that wishes to use the report within the same enterprise.
b. Single Site License:
This license allows unlimited users to use the report within one company location, e.g. a regional office. These users can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people.
c. Global Site License:
A Global Site License (or Enterprise wide Site License or Global License) is a license granted to original purchaser, who can share a report with other employees and authorized Users of the same organization.
1. How do you deliver the reports?
The delivery of reports is depends on format & mode of license of report(s). Following are different kinds of formats of report(s) and their delivery options :
a. Electronic Format – Through email from Publisher
Report will be sent to your username email address in PDF, Excel, PowerPoint or any other electronic / softcopy format by publisher.
Delivery Time: 12 to 48 hours [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
b. Hard Copy or Printed Format or CD-Rom – Through Mail or Courier from Publisher
Report will be sent through mail / courier delivery to your shipping address by publisher.
Delivery Time: Less than, few weeks [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
2. How can I make payment for publications I purchase?
You could be able to make the payment, in following ways:
a. Online Secure Payment through Credit Card Payment : We accept Visa, Master, AMEX Cards & CCAvenue
b. Transfer of fund to our bank account via Bank transfer or Wire transfer
c. Payment via DD or Cheque
3. Is it safe to use my credit card on MarketinfoResearch?
Your personal information and online tranaction on Marketinfo Research is secure, private, and tamper-proof. All credit card payments are processed through secure and trusted payment gateways.