Your Cart Is Empty!
Clothing and footwear accounted for 61.3% of the online returns market in 2015, and is forecast to grow by 64.5% in the five years to 2020 - the strongest growth across all sectors.
Larger parcels dominate the online returns market, accounting for 61.3% of the market in 2015, driven by clothing and footwear and electricals
- The returns market will grow by 50.1% to Pound5.2bn in 2020, equating to 8.3% of the online market.
- The penetration of consumers who have returned goods in 2014 is dominated by clothing and footwear at 33.9%, with the next nearest sector at 15.7% (food and grocery gifting). This is a function of being the most shopped category online, as well as higher levels of dissatisfaction when receiving products due to fit, sizing and fabric quality.
- The mix of methods to return online bought goods and the array of motivating factors differs as a function of infrastructure and the nature of products in each sector.
- Clothing and footwear, stands apart from other sectors with fit and returning excess products (34.0% and 10.9%) strong motivating factors. The sector is also more likely to see consumers utilise novel returning methods such as collection points (13.4%) - aided by retailer investment and the portability of the goods
Returns in clothing and footwear are significantly higher than in any other sector - at Pound2.1bn in 2015 - over three times the size of the next largest sector, electricals. We forecast clothing and footwear returns to reach Pound3.5bn in 2020, achieving the highest growth across all sectors. With shoppers often buying across many different brands, the issue of fit and sizing is the key reason for customer returns in clothing and footwear. Despite retailer investment in offering more sizing information and improving product images and video catwalks, it is still difficult for retailers to accurately convey quality, look and fit online. The use of virtual fitting room technology by providers such as Virtusize can offer shoppers the support and confidence they need to make purchases.
Reasons To Buy
- Utilize expert insight and detailed data on online returns using consumer research to help form effective growth strategies surrounding this dimension of retail.
- Includes detailed forecasts to 2020 on the value of online returns, how they are made and size of parcels.
- Identifies hot issues and trends in this market.
- Detailed breakdown on how people make returns by sector.
- Understand the driving forces behind consumers making online returns
Table of Contents
What people return
How people return
Why people return
Following are different modes of Licenses.
a. Single User License:
This license allows only one person to use the report. This person can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people. Unless you purchase a Site License or a Global Site License, a Single User License must be purchased for every single person that wishes to use the report within the same enterprise.
b. Single Site License:
This license allows unlimited users to use the report within one company location, e.g. a regional office. These users can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people.
c. Global Site License:
A Global Site License (or Enterprise wide Site License or Global License) is a license granted to original purchaser, who can share a report with other employees and authorized Users of the same organization.
1. How do you deliver the reports?
The delivery of reports is depends on format & mode of license of report(s). Following are different kinds of formats of report(s) and their delivery options :
a. Electronic Format – Through email from Publisher
Report will be sent to your username email address in PDF, Excel, PowerPoint or any other electronic / softcopy format by publisher.
Delivery Time: 12 to 48 hours [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
b. Hard Copy or Printed Format or CD-Rom – Through Mail or Courier from Publisher
Report will be sent through mail / courier delivery to your shipping address by publisher.
Delivery Time: Less than, few weeks [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
2. How can I make payment for publications I purchase?
You could be able to make the payment, in following ways:
a. Online Secure Payment through Credit Card Payment : We accept Visa, Master, AMEX Cards & CCAvenue
b. Transfer of fund to our bank account via Bank transfer or Wire transfer
c. Payment via DD or Cheque
3. Is it safe to use my credit card on MarketinfoResearch?
Your personal information and online tranaction on Marketinfo Research is secure, private, and tamper-proof. All credit card payments are processed through secure and trusted payment gateways.