Your Cart Is Empty!
- Umami can be a game-changer in the development of formulations for sodium reduction. A large range of umami flavors can be used to successfully reduce salt or sodium in a food or drink product. For example, according to the Glutamate Association, MSG can reduce the amount of sodium in a recipe by up to 40%, while still maintaining the desired flavor.
- Umami-generating or -enhancing ingredients, such as yeast extracts, hydrolyzed proteins, and soy sauce, can be used in food and drink manufacturing to create vegetarian or vegan products or meals that have enough savory flavor to perform as suitable meat substitutes.
- Umami may have a role to play in improving the health of consumers above and beyond its potential role in sodium reduction. Umamis effects on appetite development, digestion, and satiety are being investigated, and may be important in future food design.
The report presents new and innovative ways of using the umami concept for salt reduction, vegetarian/vegan products, and clean label/"natural" food items. The report concludes with the potential for umami to create healthy foods, innovations in taste research and sensory evaluation, and what might be the future impact of related concepts such as kokumi on the food and drink industry.
Reasons To Buy
- Understand what umami is and what potential it has to add value to new food and drink products.
- Discover which ingredients can deliver the umami sensation and how these are being used in new products in a range of sectors.
- Learn how umami can help to create tasty and satisfying reduced sodium, "natural," and/or vegetarian or vegan foods.
- Learn about consumer reaction to MSG and umami, and how this varies by demographic.
- Discover future opportunities linked to the umami concept; such as kokumi.
Table of Contents
Trends in umami ingredients
Innovating with the umami concept
Differentiating and creating added value
Chapter 1 Introduction
What is umami?
Umami is trending
Consumer and media perceptions of umami and MSG
About this report
Chapter 2 Trends in umami ingredients
MSG and related flavor enhancers
MSG - a core umami ingredient
Perception of MSG
Other umami-generating ingredients
Yeast extracts and hydrolyzed proteins: proprietary and "natural" blends
Plants, foods, and "natural process" sources of umami
Foods high in umami compounds
Umami taste using local ingredients
Newer sources and processes
Chapter 3 Innovating with the umami concept
Innovating and marketing with umami
A market gap to be filled
Iconic and unique
Umami is linked with health and novelty
Savory as a unique proposition
Hot and savory drinks
Sweet and savory
Reformulation/repositioning with umami
Seaweed - an umami ingredient
Chapter 4 Differentiating and creating added value
Umami for successful salt reduction
Salt replacement with seaweed
Sodium reduction in seasonings
Strong and satisfying flavors
Natural umami ingredients
Chapter 5 Future opportunities
Umami and health
Innovations from flavor and taste research
Marks and Spencer
Following are different modes of Licenses.
a. Single User License:
This license allows only one person to use the report. This person can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people. Unless you purchase a Site License or a Global Site License, a Single User License must be purchased for every single person that wishes to use the report within the same enterprise.
b. Single Site License:
This license allows unlimited users to use the report within one company location, e.g. a regional office. These users can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people.
c. Global Site License:
A Global Site License (or Enterprise wide Site License or Global License) is a license granted to original purchaser, who can share a report with other employees and authorized Users of the same organization.
1. How do you deliver the reports?
The delivery of reports is depends on format & mode of license of report(s). Following are different kinds of formats of report(s) and their delivery options :
a. Electronic Format – Through email from Publisher
Report will be sent to your username email address in PDF, Excel, PowerPoint or any other electronic / softcopy format by publisher.
Delivery Time: 12 to 48 hours [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
b. Hard Copy or Printed Format or CD-Rom – Through Mail or Courier from Publisher
Report will be sent through mail / courier delivery to your shipping address by publisher.
Delivery Time: Less than, few weeks [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
2. How can I make payment for publications I purchase?
You could be able to make the payment, in following ways:
a. Online Secure Payment through Credit Card Payment : We accept Visa, Master, AMEX Cards & CCAvenue
b. Transfer of fund to our bank account via Bank transfer or Wire transfer
c. Payment via DD or Cheque
3. Is it safe to use my credit card on MarketinfoResearch?
Your personal information and online tranaction on Marketinfo Research is secure, private, and tamper-proof. All credit card payments are processed through secure and trusted payment gateways.