Your Cart Is Empty!
- The Puerto Rican telecom market generated an estimated $2.3bn in telecom and pay-TV service revenue in 2015, 0.7% up on the previous year as a result of the islands difficult economic environment. With a challenging economic context ahead, we expect the telecom market to experience very moderate growth though the forecast period, expanding at a 1.7% CAGR between 2015 and 2020, mainly driven by the mobile and fixed data segments.
- Competition in the Puerto Rican telecom and pay-TV market has intensified over the past five years, resulting in a wave of mergers and acquisitions that has significantly reduced the number of players in the fixed and pay-TV segments.
- Claro is currently the largest telecom player on the island, responsible for nearly 34% of the total revenue in the market in 2015. The Pan-America operator currently offers mobile and fixed communications services as well as pay-TV services.
- Puerto Rico closed 2015 with an estimated 3.2m active mobile subscribers and a penetration rate of 92.2%, below the Latin American average (115.3%). As we move forward, we project that Puerto Ricos mobile subscriber base will continue expanding during the 2015-2020 period at a 0.8% CAGR.
- Puerto Rico closed 2015 with a voice-line penetration of the population of 24.4%. Fixed broadband penetration of the population stood at 17.8% at the end of 2015, one of the highest in the region.
- Puerto Rico reached 694,400 pay-TV accounts and a household penetration rate of 56.5% at the end of 2015, above the Latin American average (42.1%). Liberty Global is currently Puerto Ricos largest pay-TV service provider, followed by DTH/satellite operators DIRECTV, now part of ATandT, and Dish Puerto Rico, with estimated shares of 32.1% and 28.3%, respectively.
Pyramid Researchs report, "Puerto Rico: Amid Challenging Economic Conditions, MandA Activity Increases and Competition Intensifies," provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Puerto Rico today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Puerto Ricos telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Researchs databases.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Puerto Rico in a regional context; a comparative review of market size and trends with that of other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Puerto Rico.
- The regulatory environment and trends; a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile; analysis as well as forecasts and historical figures of service revenue from fixed telephony (including VoIP), broadband, mobile voice and data, and pay-TV markets.
- The service evolution; a look at the change in the breakdown of overall revenue by fixed/pay-TV and mobile sectors and by voice, data and video in the current year as well as the end of the forecast period.
- The competitive landscape; an examination of key trends in competition and service providers performance, revenue market shares and expected moves over the next 18-24 months.
- An in-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony and broadband services, mobile voice and data services, and pay-TV services; a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by technology/platform as well as operator, average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities; this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Puerto Ricos telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
Reasons To Buy
- Facilitates service providers, mobile operators, tower operators, equipment manufacturers/vendors, investment banks, management consulting companies, industry associations, and regulators, to gain a context of the Puerto Rican telecom services market, to align business strategies.
- Understand Puerto Ricos telecommunications regulatory framework, and how it will evolve over the next 18-24 months.
- Assess Puerto Ricos fixed telephony (including VoIP), broadband, mobile voice and data, and pay-TV market size.
- Investigate current and forecast trends in Puerto Ricos fixed telephony (including VoIP), broadband, mobile voice and data, and pay-TV markets.
- Gain insight on Puerto Ricos telecom and pay-TV market competitive landscape, examining key trends in competition and service providers performance, revenue market shares and expected moves over the next five years.
- Identify and assess the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Puerto Ricos telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
Table of Contents
Market and competitor overview
Economic, demographic and political context
Major market players
Overall market opportunities
Liberty Puerto Rico
Sprint Puerto Rico
ATandT Puerto Rico
T-Mobile Puerto Rico
Open Mobile Puerto Rico
Dish Puerto Rico
Following are different modes of Licenses.
a. Single User License:
This license allows only one person to use the report. This person can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people. Unless you purchase a Site License or a Global Site License, a Single User License must be purchased for every single person that wishes to use the report within the same enterprise.
b. Single Site License:
This license allows unlimited users to use the report within one company location, e.g. a regional office. These users can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people.
c. Global Site License:
A Global Site License (or Enterprise wide Site License or Global License) is a license granted to original purchaser, who can share a report with other employees and authorized Users of the same organization.
1. How do you deliver the reports?
The delivery of reports is depends on format & mode of license of report(s). Following are different kinds of formats of report(s) and their delivery options :
a. Electronic Format – Through email from Publisher
Report will be sent to your username email address in PDF, Excel, PowerPoint or any other electronic / softcopy format by publisher.
Delivery Time: 12 to 48 hours [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
b. Hard Copy or Printed Format or CD-Rom – Through Mail or Courier from Publisher
Report will be sent through mail / courier delivery to your shipping address by publisher.
Delivery Time: Less than, few weeks [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
2. How can I make payment for publications I purchase?
You could be able to make the payment, in following ways:
a. Online Secure Payment through Credit Card Payment : We accept Visa, Master, AMEX Cards & CCAvenue
b. Transfer of fund to our bank account via Bank transfer or Wire transfer
c. Payment via DD or Cheque
3. Is it safe to use my credit card on MarketinfoResearch?
Your personal information and online tranaction on Marketinfo Research is secure, private, and tamper-proof. All credit card payments are processed through secure and trusted payment gateways.