Your Cart Is Empty!
- Western Europe is characterized by high fixed and mobile services penetration rates (79% and 141% respectivelyin 2014), fierce competition in these sectors and a high proportion of households having adopted triple-play services. While both segments are expected to continue growing, we expect quad playto take on a larger share of the market to contribute to service revenue. Pyramid Research expects quad playto cover up to 60% of households in some Western European countries by 2019.
- Quadplay in Western Europe has been triggered by the success of French and Spanish operators that launched packages as early as 2009 for France and in 2013 for Spain. The market leaders in these countries and in the Netherlands are the national incumbents, with strong know-how and expertise in both fixed and mobile segments. However, the competition is also building its converged offers through mergers and acquisitions like in Spain (Vodafone/ONO and Orange/Jazztel) and building up their networks (Free in France). Several operators have succeeded in this market, such as Free, SFR-Numericable and Bouygues in France, Jazztel in Spain, and Virgin in the UK.
- Elsewhere, quadplay is still in its infancy with good outlook for growth. In the UK, BT is looking to develop a mobile base, while Virgin UK launched quad play at the beginning of the year. In the Netherlands, T-Mobile represents a small share of the quad-playmarket, way behind KPN.
- Successful quad-play operators have capitalised on their strong expertise in both fixed and mobile sectors, offered a single bill to customers, merging their customerservices to provide a single point of contact, reduce prices for combined servicesand offer value-added services (cloud storage, outdoor WiFi, multiscreen, etc.).
- These are all strong factors needed to succeed in quadplay and that operators interested in this market should follow a similar path to reduce churn and increase ARPS.
This report provides an executive-level overview of the quad-play market in Western Europe today, with detailed information on major successful operators in the region. It delivers an analytical overview of the market in the region as well as deep qualitative and quantitative insights into three operators and countries at different stages of quad-play deployment, analysing key trends and household penetration, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing main challenges, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Researchs database.
The Insider provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: Quad-play market size and trends, and comparison among main countries in the region
- Rationale behind bundling: Analysis of the reasons operators bundle their services, in general and in Western Europe
- A review of the main factors enabling quad-play uptakes in Western Europe, based on best practices from successful operators
- Market details: Three case studies of successful operators in three countries, including countrycontext, each operators strategies (chosen factors) and new challenges arising for the operators.
- Key findings and recommendations: This section states all factors that enabled quad-play offerings in Western Europe and gives a set of recommendations for interested operators to trigger their uptakes.
Reasons To Buy
- This Insider offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Western Europes quad-play market, with deep insights at three main players, analyzing key factors that enabled their quad-play uptakes and key opportunities for new comers on the market, in a concise format, to help executives build their growth strategies.
- Accompanying Pyramid Researchs Forecast products, this insider examines the assumptions and drivers behind on-going and upcoming trends in Western Europes quad-play market, including the different approaches of key players.
- This Insider is designed for executive-level audience
- The Insider provides an easily digestible market assessment of quadplay in Western Europe for decision-makers, built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with main factors that enabled quad-play offerings in the region and main challenges currently facing the market.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable details will help operators succeed in the quad-playmarket in Western Europe.
Table of Contents
Enablers for quadruple-play offerings
Market detail: Case studies
Key findings and recommendations
Appendix: Acronyms and definitions
Following are different modes of Licenses.
a. Single User License:
This license allows only one person to use the report. This person can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people. Unless you purchase a Site License or a Global Site License, a Single User License must be purchased for every single person that wishes to use the report within the same enterprise.
b. Single Site License:
This license allows unlimited users to use the report within one company location, e.g. a regional office. These users can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people.
c. Global Site License:
A Global Site License (or Enterprise wide Site License or Global License) is a license granted to original purchaser, who can share a report with other employees and authorized Users of the same organization.
1. How do you deliver the reports?
The delivery of reports is depends on format & mode of license of report(s). Following are different kinds of formats of report(s) and their delivery options :
a. Electronic Format – Through email from Publisher
Report will be sent to your username email address in PDF, Excel, PowerPoint or any other electronic / softcopy format by publisher.
Delivery Time: 12 to 48 hours [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
b. Hard Copy or Printed Format or CD-Rom – Through Mail or Courier from Publisher
Report will be sent through mail / courier delivery to your shipping address by publisher.
Delivery Time: Less than, few weeks [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
2. How can I make payment for publications I purchase?
You could be able to make the payment, in following ways:
a. Online Secure Payment through Credit Card Payment : We accept Visa, Master, AMEX Cards & CCAvenue
b. Transfer of fund to our bank account via Bank transfer or Wire transfer
c. Payment via DD or Cheque
3. Is it safe to use my credit card on MarketinfoResearch?
Your personal information and online tranaction on Marketinfo Research is secure, private, and tamper-proof. All credit card payments are processed through secure and trusted payment gateways.