Your Cart Is Empty!
- The per capita consumption of smokeless tobacco products is high by international standards. In 2014 per capita consumption stood at 77g, up from an already strong 26g per person in 1990.
- Sales of snuff have risen over the past two decades as it has developed into a niche alternative to cigarettes. Volumes were only 1,000 tonnes in 1990 but grew to more than 3,700 tonnes in 2014. Sales of snus and chewing tobacco account for a marginal share of total sales at less than five tons and less than one ton respectively, in 2014.
- Snuff exports reached a new high of more than Rand 21 million in 2008 and latest data indicate that they have trebled by 2014.
- Smokeless tobacco volumes are forecast to rise to above 3,800 tons in 2019/2020, with a fall in volume in 2024. Snuff will continue to dominate sales. Chewing tobacco and snus have both failed to capture the interest of consumers with combined sales set to remain at less than two tons per annum.
"Smokeless Tobacco in South Africa", is an analytical report by Canadean which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the South African market.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise.
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers, leading brands along with company profiles.
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habit and the growing health concerns affecting overall production.
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2014 to 2024.
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- As consumers product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the specific market dynamics of the South African market is key to ensuring maximum future sales.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Table of Contents
- Executive summary
- Tobacco products market, Tons, %, 2005 and 2015
- Tobacco products market, Tons, 2004 - 2015
Market size and structure
- Smokeless Tobacco Consumption, Tons, 2005-2015
- Per Capita Consumption, Grams Per Year, 2005-2015
- Smokeless Tobacco: Market Segmentation, 2005-2015
- Consumption of Snuff, 2005-2015
Production and trade
- Imports, Tons, 2004-2014
- Imports by Country of Origin, Top Countries, %, 2014
- Imports of Smokeless Tobacco by country of origin volume, 2007-2014
- Imports of Smokeless Tobacco by country of origin value, 2007-2014
- Exports, Tons, 2004-2014
- Exports by Country of Destination, Top Countries , Volume %, 2014
- Exports of Smokeless Tobacco by country of origin volume, 2007-2014
- Exports of Smokeless Tobacco by country of origin value, 2007-2014
Taxation and retail price
- Retail Price List, September 2014
- Snus Price List, 2015
Manufacturers and brands
- Snuff Manufacturers Shares, Volume, %, 2014 and 2015
- Snuff Brands List, 2015
-Tobacco Usership by Gender, Incidence,%, 2011
- Advertising restrictions
- Heath warnings and labelling requirements
- Other restrictions
- Retailers, street vendors and Spaza shops
Prospects and Forecast
- Smokeless Tobacco Market Forecasts 2014-2024
- Per Capita Consumption, Grams Per Year, 2014-2024
- Additional data tables
- Summary methodology
- About Canadean
Van Erkoms Tabakke
Following are different modes of Licenses.
a. Single User License:
This license allows only one person to use the report. This person can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people. Unless you purchase a Site License or a Global Site License, a Single User License must be purchased for every single person that wishes to use the report within the same enterprise.
b. Single Site License:
This license allows unlimited users to use the report within one company location, e.g. a regional office. These users can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people.
c. Global Site License:
A Global Site License (or Enterprise wide Site License or Global License) is a license granted to original purchaser, who can share a report with other employees and authorized Users of the same organization.
1. How do you deliver the reports?
The delivery of reports is depends on format & mode of license of report(s). Following are different kinds of formats of report(s) and their delivery options :
a. Electronic Format – Through email from Publisher
Report will be sent to your username email address in PDF, Excel, PowerPoint or any other electronic / softcopy format by publisher.
Delivery Time: 12 to 48 hours [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
b. Hard Copy or Printed Format or CD-Rom – Through Mail or Courier from Publisher
Report will be sent through mail / courier delivery to your shipping address by publisher.
Delivery Time: Less than, few weeks [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
2. How can I make payment for publications I purchase?
You could be able to make the payment, in following ways:
a. Online Secure Payment through Credit Card Payment : We accept Visa, Master, AMEX Cards & CCAvenue
b. Transfer of fund to our bank account via Bank transfer or Wire transfer
c. Payment via DD or Cheque
3. Is it safe to use my credit card on MarketinfoResearch?
Your personal information and online tranaction on Marketinfo Research is secure, private, and tamper-proof. All credit card payments are processed through secure and trusted payment gateways.