Your Cart Is Empty!
The European car market faltered considerably between 2012 and 2013 as a result of a weak economy and correspondingly poor car sales. During that time, nearly every major manufacturer reduced their output and downsized their workforce, which in turn hurt the European tyre market. However, as the economy has recovered, and car sales improved throughout 2013 and 2014 into 2015, the tyre industry has also been revived. New vehicle registrations have bounced back strongly and these sales have directly boosted tyre manufacturing, development and sales demand.
- No player in the automotive after sales business came through the recession without being negatively affected.
- With tyres being replacement parts, replacement has in many cases been delayed, within the framework of legal regulations.
- With motorists reducing their spending significantly in the wake of the recession in a bid to save money, there has been considerable growth in the volume of budget tyres that are sold, especially to private consumers.
- At the same time, there has been a decrease in the volume of mid-range tyres, and a slight increase in the volume of premium products for business cars and cars in the premium segment. This latter category has been positively affected by the growing number of vehicles sold on personal contract purchase plans of PCPs. In many instances, the cost of servicing, maintenance and even accident repairs are borne by the manufacturer as part of the arrangement.
- In other words, PCPs provide hassle free driving, albeit at a cost. Breakdown costs, and even new tyres and windows may be covered too, although car insurance premiums are generally not included.
- As a result, vehicles fitted with premium tyres at the time of purchase are likely to be fitted with replacement premium tyres by the manufacturers as part of the PCP deal.
- This presents numerous challenges to distribution channels and manufacturers all across the automotive aftermarket, and tyre retailers are no exception.
- Every tyre distributor and manufacturer has had to contend with a decline in replacement rates, as service cycles are extended and tyre replacement is deferred; this has had the knock-on effect of keeping volumes stable, or in some cases has caused them to decline since 2011.
- With forecasts showing that volumes will be slow to grow and, in some countries, will continue to fall up to 2019, it will be a challenge for tyre retailers and manufacturers to remain profitable over this period.
- Declining replacement rates and deferred replacement have also led to low margins, resulting in intense competition at the dealer level.
- New competitors, the emergence of new channels, and the proliferation of brands from manufacturers, covering all price points from premium to low budget and private label, reinforce the low margins.
- As a result, the B2C business together with online routing strategies and the ability to offer additional products such as auto service will gain more importance in future.
"The European Tyres Market 2011-2019", a Trend Report by Verdict Retail, provides an executive-level overview of the European tyres market today, with forecasts of values and volumes up to 2019. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into the European tyres market, analyzing key trends in the market based on proprietary data from Verdict Retails aftermarket databases.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Market size and forecast; a look at the total market size and forecast size for tyres in Europe, with an overview regional analysis.
- Market value and forecast; a look at the total market value and forecast value for tyres in Europe, with an overview regional analysis.
- Summary of main influences; an overview on the factors driving the evolution of the European tyres market.
Reasons To Buy
- This Trend Report helps executives build proactive, profitable growth strategies by offering comprehensive, relevant analysis of the European tyres market based on insights from within Verdicts proprietary aftermarket database, consumer insight from our bespoke annual survey and interviews with industry experts.
- The report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality that allows it to be turned into presentable material immediately.
- The broad but detailed perspective will help manufacturers and retailers to understand and succeed in the challenging tyres market.
Table of Contents
List of Figures
Figure 1: Tyres market volume in Europe, 2011-15e
Figure 2: Tyres market value in Europe (Euro), 2011-15e
Figure 3: Tyres market volume in Europe, 2016-19
Figure 4: Tyre market value in Europe (Euro), 2016-19
Following are different modes of Licenses.
a. Single User License:
This license allows only one person to use the report. This person can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people. Unless you purchase a Site License or a Global Site License, a Single User License must be purchased for every single person that wishes to use the report within the same enterprise.
b. Single Site License:
This license allows unlimited users to use the report within one company location, e.g. a regional office. These users can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people.
c. Global Site License:
A Global Site License (or Enterprise wide Site License or Global License) is a license granted to original purchaser, who can share a report with other employees and authorized Users of the same organization.
1. How do you deliver the reports?
The delivery of reports is depends on format & mode of license of report(s). Following are different kinds of formats of report(s) and their delivery options :
a. Electronic Format – Through email from Publisher
Report will be sent to your username email address in PDF, Excel, PowerPoint or any other electronic / softcopy format by publisher.
Delivery Time: 12 to 48 hours [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
b. Hard Copy or Printed Format or CD-Rom – Through Mail or Courier from Publisher
Report will be sent through mail / courier delivery to your shipping address by publisher.
Delivery Time: Less than, few weeks [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
2. How can I make payment for publications I purchase?
You could be able to make the payment, in following ways:
a. Online Secure Payment through Credit Card Payment : We accept Visa, Master, AMEX Cards & CCAvenue
b. Transfer of fund to our bank account via Bank transfer or Wire transfer
c. Payment via DD or Cheque
3. Is it safe to use my credit card on MarketinfoResearch?
Your personal information and online tranaction on Marketinfo Research is secure, private, and tamper-proof. All credit card payments are processed through secure and trusted payment gateways.