Your Cart Is Empty!
- Tobacco use in Africa (excluding South Africa) increased by nearly 70% between 1990 and 2010, according to research by the American Cancer Society. The number of smokers is predicted to increase by 40% by 2030.
- Sixteen anti-tobacco groups in Bangladesh have demanded the imposition of increased duties on all tobacco products. The Anti-Tobacco Media Alliance (ATMA) called on the government to impose 70% supplementary excise duty on the retail prices of all kinds of cigarettes, 40% on bidis and 70% on retail prices of jarda and gul. The campaigners further demanded that a 2% health development surcharge be imposed on tobacco products.
- The number of cigarettes sold in China fell 3.3% in the year to March 2016 from the previous year, according to the World Health Organization. Sales of the cheapest cigarettes fell 5.5% over the period, signaling that the tax increase applied in 2015 prompted poor smokers, in particular, to cut back on cigarette purchases.
- By law, the Philippines Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) is required to apply stamps on all locally sold cigarettes to ensure manufacturers have paid excise taxes. Those for export do not bear the stamp.
"Tobacco Insights", is a monthly report by Canadean which provides extensive and highly detailed information on the changing production and consumption patterns affected by the recent developments related to new law and regulation globally.
What else does this report offer?
- Consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise in the industry in order to offer data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Tobacco industry.
- Recent activities of the manufacturers operating in the industry.
- Detailed company profiles, highlighting key focus product sectors with the key features and developments, segmentation, per capita trends and the brands.
Reasons To Buy
- Evaluate important changes in consumer behavior to identify profitable markets and areas for product innovation.
- Analyse the current and forecast market position of the brands to identify the best opportunities to exploit.
- Detailed understanding of consumption by individual product categories to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
Table of Contents
1.1 Cigarette Consumption and Production
1.1.1 Cigarette Consumption Trends, 2004-2014
1.1.2 Cigarette Production Trends, 2003-2013
1.1.3 Regional Cigarette Consumption, 2013
1.1.4 Regional Cigarette Production, 2013
1.1.5 Per Capita Consumption of Cigarettes by Country, 2004-2014
2 Global News
2.1 Africa - Regional News
2.1 European Union
2.21 New Zealand
2.22 North Korea
2.27 South Korea
2.32 United Arab Emirates (UAE)
2.33 United Kingdom
2.34 United States
3 Consumer Analysis of Recent Product Development
3.1 Body shot Rum and Cola, Mojito, Sangria, Whiskey, Energy Drink Little Cigars
3.2 Kiss Super slims Organic Cigarettes
3.3 Harvest - Original, Sweet Cherry, Sweet Vanilla Superslim Cigars
3.4 Winston XS Spirits Menthol Cigarettes
3.5 Moya Ruiz - Pickle Juice Cigars
3.6 Leccia Bumpy Roots - Cherry Stout, Paps Blend, Dees Nut Ale Pipe Tobacco Cigars
3.7 Lucky Strike Flow Filter Cigarrillos
3.8 Chesterfield Mix Capsule Cigarettes
4 Status Seekers: trading up to premium brand tobacco products in order to improve social status
4.1 Higher-end tobacco will attract those looking to impress others
4.1.1 Creating an air of cool
4.1.2 Focus on packaging and brand positioning
5 Company News
5.1 AR Packaging Group
5.2 Alliance One International
5.3 British American Tobacco
5.4 Cavalier of Geneva
5.6 Electronic Cigarettes International Group, Ltd
5.7 Imperial Brands
5.8 Japan Tobacco
5.9 Kafie Trading Company
5.1 National Tobacco Enterprise S.C. (NTE)
5.11 Philip Morris International
5.12 Star Tobacco International (STI)
5.13 Swedish Match
5.14 Tantus Tobacco
5.15 Universal Corp
5.16 Vector Group Ltd
5.17 Villiger Soehne
5.18 Xcaliber International
6 Global Population Trends
7.1 About Canadean
List of Tables
Table 1: Global Cigarette Consumption, pieces (million), 2004-2014
Table 2: Global Cigarette Production, pieces (million), 2003-2013
Table 3: Regional Cigarette Consumption, 2013
Table 4: Regional Cigarette Production, 2013
Table 5: Per Capita Consumption of Cigarettes by Country, pieces, 2004-2014
Table 6: Canada: Monthly Cigarette Production and Sales, 2014- 2016
Table 7: France: Monthly Tobacco Quantities Released for Consumption, 2014- 2016
Table 8: Japan: JT Monthly Cigarette Sales, Fiscal 2014-2017
Table 9: Spain: Monthly Tobacco Quantities Released for Consumption, 2014--2016
Table 10: Spain: Monthly Brand Shares, April 2015 and April 2016,% Volume
Table 11: UK: Tobacco Quantities Released for Consumption, 2015 and 2016
Table 12: USA: Monthly Cigarettes Consumption and Production Trends, 2014- 2016, Million Pieces
Table 13: USA: Monthly Small Cigars Consumption and Production Trends, 2015 and 2016, Million Pieces
Table 14: USA: Monthly Large Cigars and Cigarillos Consumption and Production Trends, 2015 and 2016, Million Pieces
Table 15: USA: Monthly Snuff Consumption and Production Trends, 2015 and 2016, Thousand Pounds
Table 16: USA: Monthly Chewing Tobacco Consumption and Production Trends, 2015 and 2016, Thousand Pounds
Table 17: USA: Monthly Pipe Tobacco Consumption and Production Trends, 2015 and 2016, Thousand Pounds
Table 18: USA: Monthly Roll Your Own Tobacco Consumption and Production Trends, 2015 and 2016, Thousand Pounds
Table 19: Product Details: Bodyshot - Little Cigars - Rum and Cola, Mojito, Sangria, Whiskey, Energy Drink
Table 20: Product Details: Kiss Superslims - Cigarettes - Organic
Table 21: Product Details: Harvest - Superslim Cigar - Original, Sweet Cherry, Sweet Vanilla,
Table 22: Product Details: Winston XS Spirits Menthol - Cigarettes
Table 23: Product Details: Moya Ruiz - Cigar - Pickle Juice
Table 24: Product Details: Leccia Bumpy Roots - Pipe Tobacco Cigar - Cherry Stout, Paps Blend, Decs Nut Ale, 2016
Table 25: Product Details: Lucky Strike - Cigarillos - Flow Filter,
Table 26: Product Details: Chesterfield - Cigarettes - Mix Capsule
Table 27: Primary reasons consumers smoke, by age, globally, 2014
Table 28: Survey results: "When shopping for cigarettes, which of the following aspects do you prioritize?", by age, globally, 2014
Table 29: Global Population Trends, 2000-2014
List of Figures
Figure 1: Imports as % of Consumption, 2013
Figure 2: Exports as % of Production, 2013
Figure 3: Bodyshot - Little Cigar- Rum and Cola, Mojito, Sangria, Whiskey, Energy Drink
Figure 4: Kiss Super slims - Cigarettes - Organic
Figure 5: Harvest - Superslim Cigar - Original, Sweet Cherry, Sweet Vanilla
Figure 6: Winston XS Spirits Menthol - Cigarettes
Figure 7: Moya Ruiz - Cigar - Pickle Juice
Figure 8: Leccia Bumpy Roots - Pipe Tobacco Cigar - Cherry Stout, Paps Blend, Decs Nut Ale
Figure 9: Lucky Strike - Cigarillos - Flow Filter, 2016
Figure 10: Chesterfield - Cigarettes - Mix Capsule
Alliance One International
British American Tobacco
Cavalier of Geneva
Electronic Cigarettes International Group Ltd
Kafie Trading Company
National Tobacco Enterprise S.C. (NTE)
Philip Morris International
Star Tobacco International (STI)
Vector Group Ltd
Following are different modes of Licenses.
a. Single User License:
This license allows only one person to use the report. This person can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people. Unless you purchase a Site License or a Global Site License, a Single User License must be purchased for every single person that wishes to use the report within the same enterprise.
b. Single Site License:
This license allows unlimited users to use the report within one company location, e.g. a regional office. These users can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people.
c. Global Site License:
A Global Site License (or Enterprise wide Site License or Global License) is a license granted to original purchaser, who can share a report with other employees and authorized Users of the same organization.
1. How do you deliver the reports?
The delivery of reports is depends on format & mode of license of report(s). Following are different kinds of formats of report(s) and their delivery options :
a. Electronic Format – Through email from Publisher
Report will be sent to your username email address in PDF, Excel, PowerPoint or any other electronic / softcopy format by publisher.
Delivery Time: 12 to 48 hours [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
b. Hard Copy or Printed Format or CD-Rom – Through Mail or Courier from Publisher
Report will be sent through mail / courier delivery to your shipping address by publisher.
Delivery Time: Less than, few weeks [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
2. How can I make payment for publications I purchase?
You could be able to make the payment, in following ways:
a. Online Secure Payment through Credit Card Payment : We accept Visa, Master, AMEX Cards & CCAvenue
b. Transfer of fund to our bank account via Bank transfer or Wire transfer
c. Payment via DD or Cheque
3. Is it safe to use my credit card on MarketinfoResearch?
Your personal information and online tranaction on Marketinfo Research is secure, private, and tamper-proof. All credit card payments are processed through secure and trusted payment gateways.