Your Cart Is Empty!
Some experts believe the MSL is poised to become the face of the pharma industry. The primary role of the MSL is to establish and maintain trusted relationships with stakeholders and provide real value. It is this relationship and value that will give your organization the edge against competition in the future. The question for many however is how and where to add value?
What should you be doing now to prepare your team? How should the successful MSLs of tomorrow be recruited, trained, and managed? What roles will they fill, what relationships will they need to forge, what skills will they need to possess, and how will their effectiveness best be evaluated?
Prepare now to best leverage this critical function tomorrow. Order Tomorrows MSLs to find out how.
Benefit from the experience and expertise of companies like Eisai, Merck Serono and more - see who they are. Share in the knowledge of insider organisations like the MSL Association. Gain insights from nine prominent executives in the field.
"The main challenge is, how can you find and do something that will add value to the clinicians? It is when you add the value to them, when they see you as a peer, then you start building the relationship you want with them and then they will do things for you. But you need to add the value first and you need to identify how can you add the value." MSL, Eisai EMEA, EU
- The key is adding value: Tomorrows MSLs will have the competitive edge when they discover how they can be valuable to stakeholders
- Engaging a growing group of stakeholders will be the challenge for MSLs in the future as nurses, pharmacists, payers, and patient groups all grow in influence.
- Therapeutics will demand more of the MSL as drugs become more complex and the number and nature of products in highly competitive categories changes on a daily basis.
- The new skill set required of tomorrows MSLs includes integrity, technical and analytical expertise, an understanding of the pharmaceutical industry, knowledge of the clinical development pathway, adaptability and self-motivation.
- Retaining and incentivising the best MSLs will be increasingly difficult for Pharma as these professionals will be hard to find and in high demand.
Key Issues Explored
- How will the future healthcare landscape affect the MSL role?
- How will you retain and incentivise the best MSLs of tomorrow?
- Will you need more or fewer MSLs to face the future?
- Could outsourcing the MSL role make sense for your organisation?
- Where will the best MSLs come from and what credentials will they need?
- How will new technology change the way MSLs perform their roles?
- How should your MSLs work with internal stakeholders?
- Roger Berry, Chairman of the MSL Association (MSLA.org.uk), UK
- Helen Kane, Director, Helen Kane Ltd and former Chair of MSLA, UK
- Dominic Lawrance PhD, Medical Science Liaison Manager, Alimera Sciences, UK
- Michael Spyridon, Medical Science Liaison, Eisai EMEA, EU
- Alan R Rosenthal PharmD, Principal, HRC, Inc. - Medical Affairs Management, US
- Charles White, Medical Science Liaison Director of Medical Affairs, MedSci Solutions LLC, US
- Director of MSL Operations, Top 10 Pharma Company, EU
- Senior Medical Science Liaison, Top 20 Pharma Company, US
Who needs this report
- Professionals charged with hiring, training, managing or evaluating MSLs and intent on fully leveraging their potential.
- Executives who wish to optimise the utility of the MSL function in their organisations.
- Managers looking for insights on the future of the MSL role in pharma.
- MSLs who want to continue to excel in the field in the years to come.
FirstWord is an innovative industry intelligence leader serving over 240,000 Pharma and MedTech professionals worldwide. FirstWord offers a range of products and services designed to help your company gain a competitive edge by making key business decisions with speed and confidence.
FirstWord Pharma PLUS is a personalised and comprehensive intelligence service delivering up-to-the-minute pharma news, insight, analysis and expert views of importance to your companys success.
FirstWord Reports deliver timely, need-to-know intelligence about your products, your competitors and your markets. Covering biosimilars, market access, medical affairs, sales & marketing, technology and therapy areas, FirstWord Reports provide expert views and intelligence on the challenges facing pharma today.
Following are different modes of Licenses.
a. Single User License:
This license allows only one person to use the report. This person can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people. Unless you purchase a Site License or a Global Site License, a Single User License must be purchased for every single person that wishes to use the report within the same enterprise.
b. Single Site License:
This license allows unlimited users to use the report within one company location, e.g. a regional office. These users can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people.
c. Global Site License:
A Global Site License (or Enterprise wide Site License or Global License) is a license granted to original purchaser, who can share a report with other employees and authorized Users of the same organization.
1. How do you deliver the reports?
The delivery of reports is depends on format & mode of license of report(s). Following are different kinds of formats of report(s) and their delivery options :
a. Electronic Format – Through email from Publisher
Report will be sent to your username email address in PDF, Excel, PowerPoint or any other electronic / softcopy format by publisher.
Delivery Time: 12 to 48 hours [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
b. Hard Copy or Printed Format or CD-Rom – Through Mail or Courier from Publisher
Report will be sent through mail / courier delivery to your shipping address by publisher.
Delivery Time: Less than, few weeks [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
2. How can I make payment for publications I purchase?
You could be able to make the payment, in following ways:
a. Online Secure Payment through Credit Card Payment : We accept Visa, Master, AMEX Cards & CCAvenue
b. Transfer of fund to our bank account via Bank transfer or Wire transfer
c. Payment via DD or Cheque
3. Is it safe to use my credit card on MarketinfoResearch?
Your personal information and online tranaction on Marketinfo Research is secure, private, and tamper-proof. All credit card payments are processed through secure and trusted payment gateways.