Your Cart Is Empty!
- There was minimal growth in domestic tourism during the historic period (2009-2014), increasing from 23.7 million in 2009 to 24.8 million in 2014. There was also slow growth in inbound tourism due to high prices (30% higher when compared to its neighbor Germany) despite facilities (such as accommodation, food, and museum entry fees) not being on par. According to the competitiveness report by World Economic Forum (WEF) on Travel and Tourism, released in May 2015, Denmark has been ranked twenty-seventh for tourism, which is drastically lower than its sixteenth rank in the 2011 index. However, appreciable growth was registered for outbound trips, increasing from 6.2 million in 2009 to 8.4 million in 2014. The hosting of international sports events such as the European Badminton Championships in 2017 and the Mens Handball World Cup tournament in 2019 is expected to benefit inbound tourism. The Danish Government is planning to promote coastal tourism in Denmark, encouraging development on protected shores at the commercial level. It allocated DKK20 million (US$3.6 million) in 2014 to develop tourism in nature areas and along the coasts
- Several new flights on international routes have been announced by carriers from Copenhagen. The low cost carrier, Norwegian Air Shuttle (Norwegian), plans to launch flights on seven new long routes for budget business and leisure travelers. Similarly, Scandinavian Airlines (SAS) also plans to operate flights to Boston to fulfill the demand created by the business segment of Danish air passengers. New routes were also launched to Los Angeles and Miami as Danish tourists are willing to travel to these destinations looking for sun and warmth
- Value Added Tax (VAT) exemptions of 100% on hotel stays have been granted to tourists arriving for business purposes such as conferences, meetings, and seminars. It was launched on January 1, 2015 and has reduced the cost to tourists by approximately 6.3%. This will make Denmark more competitive for hosting international business events, which will attract more tourists
Canadeans report -Travel and Tourism in Denmark to 2019 - provides detailed information on the countrys tourism sector, analyzing market data and providing insights. This report provides a better understanding of tourism flows, expenditure, and the airline, hotel, car rental, and travel intermediaries industries.
What else does this report offer?
- Historic and forecast tourist volumes covering the entire Danish Travel andTourism sector
- Detailed analysis of tourist spending patterns for various categories, such as accommodation, sightseeing entertainment, foodservice, transportation, retail, travel intermediaries and others
- Analysis of trips by purpose and mode of transport, and expenditure across various categories including domestic, inbound, and outbound tourism, with analysis using similar metrics
- Analysis of the airline, hotel, car rental, and travel intermediaries industries by customer type - leisure and business travelers
Reasons To Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using historic and forecast market data related to Denmarks Travel and Tourism sector
- Understand the demand-side dynamics within the industry to identify key market trends and growth opportunities
- Direct the promotional efforts on most promising markets by identifying the key source and destination countries
Table of Contents
Travel and Tourism Sector in Context
Market summary and key developments in Danish domestic tourism market
Historical and projected figures for domestic trips and domestic expenditure in Denmark
Domestic trips-trips by purpose of visit and by season, average length of trip and overnight stays
Market summary and key developments in Danish inbound tourism market
Historical and projected figures for inbound trips and inbound expenditure in Denmark
Tourist arrivals from top 10 countries to Denmark
Inbound trips-trips by purpose of visit and mode of transport
Inbound trips-average length of trip and overnight stays
Market summary and key developments in Danish outbound tourism market
Historical and projected figures for outbound trips and outbound expenditure in Denmark
Tourist departures to top 10 countries from Denmark
Outbound trips-trips by purpose of visit and mode of transport
Outbound trips-average length of trip and overnight stays
Market summary and key developments in Danish airlines industry
Revenues and seats sold in Danish airlines market
Low cost airlines in Denmark-seats available, seats sold and load factor
Low cost airlines in Denmark-total revenue and revenue per customer
Low cost airlines in Denmark-revenue generating passenger kilometers versus kilometers available
Full service airlines in Denmark-seats available, seats sold and load factor
Full service airlines in Denmark-total revenue and revenue per customer
Full service airlines in Denmark-revenue generating passenger kilometers versus kilometers available
Charter airlines in Denmark-seats available, seats sold and load factor
Charter airlines in Denmark-total revenue and revenue per customer
Charter airlines in Denmark-revenue generating passenger kilometers versus kilometers available
Market summary and key developments in Danish hotel industry
Revenues, room nights available and revenue per available room in Danish hotel industry
Hotel establishments by category and available hotel rooms by category in Denmark
Budget hotels in Denmark-revenues, room occupancy rates, room nights available and room nights occupied
Budget hotels in Denmark-revenue per available room and revenue per occupied room
Budget hotels in Denmark-revenue by customer type and guests by customer type
Midscale hotels in Denmark-revenues, room occupancy rates, room nights available and room nights occupied
Midscale hotels in Denmark-revenue per available room and revenue per occupied room
Midscale hotels in Denmark-revenue by customer type and guests by customer type
Upscale hotels in Denmark-revenues, room occupancy rates, room nights available and room nights occupied
Upscale hotels in Denmark-revenue per available room and revenue per occupied room
Upscale hotels in Denmark-revenue by customer type and guests by customer type
Luxury hotels in Denmark-revenues, room occupancy rates, room nights available and room nights occupied
Luxury hotels in Denmark-revenue per available room and revenue per occupied room
Luxury hotels in Denmark-revenue by customer type and guests by customer type
Market value of car rental industry in Denmark
Car rental value in Denmark by rental type and location, and average revenue per day
Car rental in Denmark-fleet size, rental days and market utilization rate
Market value of travel intermediaries industry in Denmark
Travel intermediaries online revenues and in-store revenues by provider
Travel and tourism sector definitions
Norwegian Air Shuttle
Lufthansa German Airlines
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
The Rezidor Hotel Group
Choice Hotels International Inc.
Best Western International Inc.
Marriott International Inc.
Following are different modes of Licenses.
a. Single User License:
This license allows only one person to use the report. This person can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people. Unless you purchase a Site License or a Global Site License, a Single User License must be purchased for every single person that wishes to use the report within the same enterprise.
b. Single Site License:
This license allows unlimited users to use the report within one company location, e.g. a regional office. These users can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people.
c. Global Site License:
A Global Site License (or Enterprise wide Site License or Global License) is a license granted to original purchaser, who can share a report with other employees and authorized Users of the same organization.
1. How do you deliver the reports?
The delivery of reports is depends on format & mode of license of report(s). Following are different kinds of formats of report(s) and their delivery options :
a. Electronic Format – Through email from Publisher
Report will be sent to your username email address in PDF, Excel, PowerPoint or any other electronic / softcopy format by publisher.
Delivery Time: 12 to 48 hours [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
b. Hard Copy or Printed Format or CD-Rom – Through Mail or Courier from Publisher
Report will be sent through mail / courier delivery to your shipping address by publisher.
Delivery Time: Less than, few weeks [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
2. How can I make payment for publications I purchase?
You could be able to make the payment, in following ways:
a. Online Secure Payment through Credit Card Payment : We accept Visa, Master, AMEX Cards & CCAvenue
b. Transfer of fund to our bank account via Bank transfer or Wire transfer
c. Payment via DD or Cheque
3. Is it safe to use my credit card on MarketinfoResearch?
Your personal information and online tranaction on Marketinfo Research is secure, private, and tamper-proof. All credit card payments are processed through secure and trusted payment gateways.