Your Cart Is Empty!
The report brings together Canadeans research, modeling, and analysis expertise in order to develop uniquely detailed market data. This allows domestic and foreign companies to identify the market dynamics and discover which segments will see growth in the coming years.
- The Norwegian economy has been volatile in the recent years, adversely affecting the tourism sector. This has resulted in lesser bookings made in advance and difficult to predict future trends. Domestic trips totaled 15.5 million in 2014 while spending stood at NOK35.8 billion (US$5.9 billion). Maximum part of the domestic spending was made on transportation with share of 22.4% at NOK8 billion (US$1.3 billion) in 2014. The domestic trips are likely to reach 17.6 million by 2019, increasing at a CAGR of 2.68% over the forecast period.
- International arrivals reached 5.9 million in 2014, increasing at a CAGR of 6.33% during the historic period. Norwegian Krone depreciated by -4% against the Euro in 2013 and -6.6% in 2014. It contributed to the growth of inbound tourism as it was cheaper for tourists coming to Norway. However, the weaker Krone negatively impacted outbound tourism. International arrivals are likely to reach 6.9 million by 2019, growing at a CAGR of 3.16% over the forecast period. Outbound trips reached 9.2 million in 2014 and are likely to grow at a modest growth rate during the forecast period, reaching 10 million by 2019.
- Norwegian Air Shuttle had experienced losses in 2014. This was for the first time after consistently making profits for seven years. The losses can be attributed to expansion in capacity, operating long distance flights, delays to deliveries in Boeing 787 and a very competitive market place.
- The US and EU (European Union) have imposed sanctions against Russia, following Russias annexation of Crimea, a region which is internationally recognized as part of Ukraine, in March 2014. These sanctions negatively impacted the Russian economy, resulting in decreased outbound tourism. Arrivals from Russia to Norway declined by 4% in 2014.
The report provides detailed market analysis, information, and insights, including:
- Historic and forecast tourist volumes covering the entire Norwegian Travel and Tourism sector
- Detailed analysis of tourist spending patterns in Norway for various categories in the Travel and Tourism sector, such as accommodation, sightseeing and entertainment, foodservice, transportation, retail, travel intermediaries, and others
- Detailed market classification across each category, with analysis using similar metrics
- Detailed analysis of the airline, hotel, car rental, and travel intermediaries industries
Reasons To Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using historic and forecast market data related to the Norwegian Travel and Tourism sector
- Understand the demand-side dynamics within the Norwegian Travel and Tourism sector, along with key market trends and growth opportunities
Table of Contents
Travel and Tourism Sector in Context
Domestic Tourism by Purpose of Visit (Millions), 2009-2019
Number of Trips by Season (Domestic and Outbound) (Million), 2014
Domestic Trips -Overnight Stays (Million), 2009-2019
Average Length of Domestic Trip, 2009-2019
Total Domestic Tourism Expenditure by Category (NOK Billion), and Expenditure per Domestic Tourist (NOK), 2009-2019
Tourist Arrivals from Top 10 Countries (Thousands), 2009-2019
Inbound Tourism (Thousands), by Region, 2009-2019
Inbound Tourism by Purpose of Visit (Million), 2009-2019
International Arrivals by Mode of Transport (Million), 2009-2019
Overnight Stays (Million), 2009-2019
Average Length of Inbound Trip, 2009-2019
Total Inbound Tourism Expenditure by Category (NOK Billion), and Average Expenditure per Inbound Tourist by Category (NOK), 2009-2019
Tourist Departures from Top 10 Countries (Thousands), 2009-2019
International Departures (Thousands), by Region, 2009-2019
Outbound Tourism by Purpose of Visit (Million), 2009-2019
International Departures by Mode of Transport (Million), 2009-2019
Overnight Stays (Million), 2009-2019
Average Length of Outbound Trip, 2009-2019
Total Outbound Tourism Expenditure by Category (NOK Billion), and Average Outbound Expenditure per Resident by Category, (NOK) 2009-2019
Market Data: Low Cost Airlines
Market Data: Full Service Airlines
Market Data: Charter Airlines
Market Data: Budget Hotels
Market Data: Midscale Hotels
Market Data: Upscale Hotels
Market Data: Luxury Hotels
Car Rental Value by Rental Type and Location (NOK Million), 2009-2019
Average Revenue per Day (NOK), 2009-2019
Car Fleet Size (Actual) 2009-2019
Car Rental Days (Million), vsAverage Rental Length (Days), 2009-2019
Car Market Utilization Rate (%), 2009-2019
Travel Intermediaries Market Value by Product Type (NOK Million), 2009-2019
Travel Intermediaries Online Revenues by Provider (NOK Million), 2009-2019
Travel Intermediaries Online Revenues by Type of Tourist (NOK Million), 2009-2019
Travel Intermediaries In-Store Revenues by Provider (NOK Million), 2009-2019
Following are different modes of Licenses.
a. Single User License:
This license allows only one person to use the report. This person can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people. Unless you purchase a Site License or a Global Site License, a Single User License must be purchased for every single person that wishes to use the report within the same enterprise.
b. Single Site License:
This license allows unlimited users to use the report within one company location, e.g. a regional office. These users can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people.
c. Global Site License:
A Global Site License (or Enterprise wide Site License or Global License) is a license granted to original purchaser, who can share a report with other employees and authorized Users of the same organization.
1. How do you deliver the reports?
The delivery of reports is depends on format & mode of license of report(s). Following are different kinds of formats of report(s) and their delivery options :
a. Electronic Format – Through email from Publisher
Report will be sent to your username email address in PDF, Excel, PowerPoint or any other electronic / softcopy format by publisher.
Delivery Time: 12 to 48 hours [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
b. Hard Copy or Printed Format or CD-Rom – Through Mail or Courier from Publisher
Report will be sent through mail / courier delivery to your shipping address by publisher.
Delivery Time: Less than, few weeks [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
2. How can I make payment for publications I purchase?
You could be able to make the payment, in following ways:
a. Online Secure Payment through Credit Card Payment : We accept Visa, Master, AMEX Cards & CCAvenue
b. Transfer of fund to our bank account via Bank transfer or Wire transfer
c. Payment via DD or Cheque
3. Is it safe to use my credit card on MarketinfoResearch?
Your personal information and online tranaction on Marketinfo Research is secure, private, and tamper-proof. All credit card payments are processed through secure and trusted payment gateways.