Your Cart Is Empty!
- Domestic tourism went through a difficult phase in the historic period, declining from 32 million trips in 2009 to 26.4 million in 2014. This was due to Saudi residents preference for outbound trips over domestic trips as Saudi Arabia lacks entertainment destinations such as water parks, cinemas, and theaters, which are preferred by many families during occasions such as summer holidays and Eid holidays. However, domestic trips are expected to perform well over the forecast period (2014-2019), reaching 38.7 million by 2019, driven by promotional efforts by the Saudi Commission for Tourism and Antiquities (SCTA). Inbound tourism, which is largely based around religion, grew at a CAGR of 5.53%, increasing from 10.9 million trips in 2009 to 14.3 million in 2014. Outbound trips grew from 14.8 million in 2009 to 19.9 million in 2014 and are likely to reach 26.6 million by 2019, growing at a CAGR of 6.05%
- The Saudi Arabian travel and tourism industry has registered significant growth; an increasing number of pilgrims performing Hajj and Umrah have contributed to this. The holy cities of Mecca and Medina are located in the country, encouraging Muslims to visit from different parts of the world. Moreover, new projects in these two cities are supporting the growing demand for accommodation
- The Saudi Government has taken steps to increase tourism in the country. For example, it has deregulated the air travel industry by inviting both local and foreign air carriers, breaking the monopoly of Saudi Arabian Airlines. Moreover, local historic sites and natural scenic cities such as Abha are being promoted by the SCTA to attract domestic tourists. Steady growth in religious tourism, flourishing domestic tourism, and business tourism are likely to be the major factors contributing to the growth of travel and tourism over the forecast period. Other factors such as hotel projects in the holy cities and developing tourism infrastructure, such as expanding the rail track network between Mecca and Medina, are expected to support the growth
Canadeans report - Travel and Tourism in Saudi Arabia to 2019" provides detailed information on the Saudi Arabian tourism sector, analyzing market data and providing insights. This report provides a better understanding of tourism flows, expenditure, and the airline, hotel, car rental, and travel intermediaries industries.
What else does this report offer?
- Historic and forecast tourist volumes covering the entire Saudi Arabian Travel and Tourism sector
- Detailed analysis of tourist spending patterns in Saudi Arabia for various categories, such as accommodation, sightseeing, entertainment, foodservice, transportation, retail, travel intermediaries, and others
- Analysis of trips by purpose and mode of transport, and expenditure across various categories including domestic, inbound, and outbound tourism, with analysis using similar metrics
- Analysis of the airline, hotel, car rental, and travel intermediaries industries by customer type - leisure and business travelers
Reasons To Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using historic and forecast market data related to the Saudi Arabian Travel and Tourism sector
- Understand the demand-side dynamics within the industry to identify key market trends and growth opportunities
- Direct the promotional efforts on most promising markets by identifying the key source and destination countries
Table of Contents
Travel and Tourism Sector in Context
Market summary and key developments in Saudi Arabian domestic tourism market
Historical and projected figures for domestic trips and domestic expenditure in Saudi Arabia
Domestic trips-trips by purpose of visit and by season, average length of trip and overnight stays
Market summary and key developments in Saudi Arabian inbound tourism market
Historical and projected figures for inbound trips and inbound expenditure in Saudi Arabia
Tourist arrivals from top 10 countries to Saudi Arabia
Inbound trips-trips by purpose of visit and mode of transport
Inbound trips-average length of trip and overnight stays
Market summary and key developments in Saudi Arabian outbound tourism market
Historical and projected figures for outbound trips and outbound expenditure in Saudi Arabia
Tourist departures to top 10 countries from Saudi Arabia
Outbound trips-trips by purpose of visit and mode of transport
Outbound trips-average length of trip and overnight stays
Market summary and key developments in Saudi Arabian airlines industry
Revenues and seats sold in Saudi Arabian airlines market
Low cost airlines in Saudi Arabia-seats available, seats sold and load factor
Low cost airlines in Saudi Arabia-total revenue and revenue per customer
Low cost airlines in Saudi Arabia-revenue generating passenger kilometers versus kilometers available
Full service airlines in Saudi Arabia-seats available, seats sold and load factor
Full service airlines in Saudi Arabia-total revenue and revenue per customer
Full service airlines in Saudi Arabia-revenue generating passenger kilometers versus kilometers available
Charter airlines in Saudi Arabia-seats available, seats sold and load factor
Charter airlines in Saudi Arabia-total revenue and revenue per customer
Charter airlines in Saudi Arabia-revenue generating passenger kilometers versus kilometers available
Market summary and key developments in Saudi Arabian hotel industry
Revenues, room nights available and revenue per available room in Saudi Arabian hotel industry
Hotel establishments by category and available hotel rooms by category in Saudi Arabia
Budget hotels-revenues, room occupancy rates, room nights available and room nights occupied
Budget hotels-revenue per available room and revenue per occupied room
Budget hotels-revenue by customer type and guests by customer type
Midscale hotels-revenues, room occupancy rates, room nights available and room nights occupied
Midscale hotels-revenue per available room and revenue per occupied room
Midscale hotels-revenue by customer type and guests by customer type
Upscale hotels-revenues, room occupancy rates, room nights available and room nights occupied
Upscale hotels-revenue per available room and revenue per occupied room
Upscale hotels-revenue by customer type and guests by customer type
Luxury hotels-revenues, room occupancy rates, room nights available and room nights occupied
Luxury hotels in Saudi Arabia-revenue per available room and revenue per occupied room
Luxury hotels in Saudi Arabia-revenue by customer type and guests by customer type
Market value of car rental industry in Saudi Arabia
Car rental value in Saudi Arabia by rental type and location, and average revenue per day
Car rental in Saudi Arabia-fleet size, rental days and market utilization rate
Market value of travel intermediaries industry in Saudi Arabia
Travel intermediaries online revenues and in-store revenues by provider
Travel and tourism sector definitions
Pakistan International Airlines
Boudl Hotels and Resorts
InterContinental Hotels Group
Wyndham Hotel Group
Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide
Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group
Rosewood Hotels and Resorts
FRHI Hotels and Resorts (FRHI)
Best Western International
Rotana Hotel Management Corporation
Four Seasons Hotels Limited
Oberoi Hotels and Resorts
Louvre Hotels Group
Following are different modes of Licenses.
a. Single User License:
This license allows only one person to use the report. This person can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people. Unless you purchase a Site License or a Global Site License, a Single User License must be purchased for every single person that wishes to use the report within the same enterprise.
b. Single Site License:
This license allows unlimited users to use the report within one company location, e.g. a regional office. These users can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people.
c. Global Site License:
A Global Site License (or Enterprise wide Site License or Global License) is a license granted to original purchaser, who can share a report with other employees and authorized Users of the same organization.
1. How do you deliver the reports?
The delivery of reports is depends on format & mode of license of report(s). Following are different kinds of formats of report(s) and their delivery options :
a. Electronic Format – Through email from Publisher
Report will be sent to your username email address in PDF, Excel, PowerPoint or any other electronic / softcopy format by publisher.
Delivery Time: 12 to 48 hours [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
b. Hard Copy or Printed Format or CD-Rom – Through Mail or Courier from Publisher
Report will be sent through mail / courier delivery to your shipping address by publisher.
Delivery Time: Less than, few weeks [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
2. How can I make payment for publications I purchase?
You could be able to make the payment, in following ways:
a. Online Secure Payment through Credit Card Payment : We accept Visa, Master, AMEX Cards & CCAvenue
b. Transfer of fund to our bank account via Bank transfer or Wire transfer
c. Payment via DD or Cheque
3. Is it safe to use my credit card on MarketinfoResearch?
Your personal information and online tranaction on Marketinfo Research is secure, private, and tamper-proof. All credit card payments are processed through secure and trusted payment gateways.