Your Cart Is Empty!
- The attractiveness of platforms is first and foremost driven by the investment fund range they offer. Another key consideration is investment fund returns. Beyond products and performance, low costs are important to advisors.
- Investment product providers are regularly reviewed by IFAs. 30% review their investment product providers quarterly and 45% do so annually.
- Platform sales account for a growing percentage of gross retail fund sales. 94% of advisors use platforms, with the majority relying on more than one. The three most widely used platforms are Old Mutual, Cofunds, and FundsNetwork.
- There is increasing interest in the use of model portfolios and discretionary portfolio management driven by clients preference for specialist advice and the need for additional expertise where it is not available in-house.
- Online is the main channel of communication. Nearly three quarters of IFAs communicate with investment providers online on a weekly basis.
Verdict Financials "UK IFAs, Investment Managers, and Platforms" is a comprehensive analysis of what UK IFAs value in their investment product providers and the platforms that they use. Drawing from our 2015 IFA Survey, the report offers insight into which platforms advisors use, the key features they value, and what motivates them to consider switching providers.
The report also offers insight into:
- The importance of IFAs as a distribution channel
- What motivates IFAs to rely on third-party asset managers
- How to cultivate relationships with advisors
Reasons To Buy
- Receive a comprehensive overview of what investment product and platform features IFAs look for.
- Get fact-based insight into the IFA market from our proprietary 2015 IFA Survey.
- Identify how to remain competitive by understanding IFA preferences.
Table of Contents
Critical success factors
IFAS ARE A KEY DISTRIBUTION CHANNEL
Retail fund distribution increasingly occurs through platforms
PLATFORMS ARE A SIGNIFICANT CHANNEL FOR ADVISORS
Key product features
Fund range and fund performance are IFAs top considerations
Platforms should note IFAs cost-conscious nature
Online access is a necessity for advisors
The majority of IFAs rely on multiple platforms
Fund supermarkets are the platforms used most widely and most often
Fund supermarkets are rated as the most attractive platform packages
PRODUCT PROVIDERS ARE REGULARLY REVIEWED
IFAs review providers on at least an annual basis
Shortcomings in fund ranges and performance prompt platform reviews
Keeping charges competitive is key to retention
IFAS ARE INCREASINGLY INTERESTED IN USING DISCRETIONARY FUND MANAGERS
Assets under management under third-party managers remain a fraction of advisors total client assets
Asset managers should position themselves as offering strong specialist expertise
REGULAR TRAINING HELPS CEMENT ADVISOR RELATIONSHIPS
Staying informed is important to IFAs in a post-RDR world
MiFID II will still allow investment product providers to offer benefits to advisors
Online is the leading communication channel
Abbreviations and acronyms
Verdict Financials 2015 IFA Survey
About Verdict Financial
List of Figures
Figure 1: Platform sales contribute a growing percentage of gross retail fund sales
Figure 2: Platforms should ensure they offer an attractive fund range
Figure 3: Platforms should address advisors need for digital access
Figure 4: Fund supermarkets are the most widely used platforms
Figure 5: IFAs find the Skandia/Old Mutual platform package most attractive
Figure 6: Investment product providers should be prepared for regular reviews
Figure 7: The investment fund ranges and returns offered elsewhere are leading reasons to consider new product partners
Figure 8: The possibility of lower costs motivates IFAs to consider switching providers
Figure 9: Clients preference for specialist advice drives the use of external experts
Figure 10: Training is key in building relationships between IFAs and investment product providers
Figure 11: Product providers should accommodate IFAs need for regular communication
Following are different modes of Licenses.
a. Single User License:
This license allows only one person to use the report. This person can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people. Unless you purchase a Site License or a Global Site License, a Single User License must be purchased for every single person that wishes to use the report within the same enterprise.
b. Single Site License:
This license allows unlimited users to use the report within one company location, e.g. a regional office. These users can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people.
c. Global Site License:
A Global Site License (or Enterprise wide Site License or Global License) is a license granted to original purchaser, who can share a report with other employees and authorized Users of the same organization.
1. How do you deliver the reports?
The delivery of reports is depends on format & mode of license of report(s). Following are different kinds of formats of report(s) and their delivery options :
a. Electronic Format – Through email from Publisher
Report will be sent to your username email address in PDF, Excel, PowerPoint or any other electronic / softcopy format by publisher.
Delivery Time: 12 to 48 hours [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
b. Hard Copy or Printed Format or CD-Rom – Through Mail or Courier from Publisher
Report will be sent through mail / courier delivery to your shipping address by publisher.
Delivery Time: Less than, few weeks [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
2. How can I make payment for publications I purchase?
You could be able to make the payment, in following ways:
a. Online Secure Payment through Credit Card Payment : We accept Visa, Master, AMEX Cards & CCAvenue
b. Transfer of fund to our bank account via Bank transfer or Wire transfer
c. Payment via DD or Cheque
3. Is it safe to use my credit card on MarketinfoResearch?
Your personal information and online tranaction on Marketinfo Research is secure, private, and tamper-proof. All credit card payments are processed through secure and trusted payment gateways.