Your Cart Is Empty!
- Pleasingly for the UK's biggest grocer, Tesco made strong gains this year to make it the leading Valentine's retailer in both gifting and food and grocery. In gifting, Tesco was the most used retailer overall, increasing its usage by 7.0ppts on last year to 17.1%, while in food and grocery, it was the leading retailer both for overall usage and as the most used retailer.
- While just under half of consumers (47.2%) chose to do nothing to celebrate Valentine's this year, this was a 6.8ppts decline on last year, and an 8.1ppts drop on 2014. However, this did not necessarily translate to an uplift in spending and 22.8% of consumers stated they spent less this year on Valentine's compared to the 21.1% that said they spent more.
- Valentine's continues to be a major battleground for the grocers, enhanced by the event falling on a Sunday this year. Marketing was prominent both online and instore, with meal deals a key battleground, even for players like Iceland, while Co-op focused on breakfast in bed products. Tesco has emerged as the grocery winner for Valentine's Day this year, with last year's winner, Asda, faltering.
- Valentine's gift purchases are typically made with a view to impressing the recipient and, for this reason, quality resonates as the most important driver of store choice (39.9%). In addition, a more confident consumer is now clearly less concerned about the cost of gift purchasing, with the importance of low prices declining by some 4.7ppts for Valentine's this year.
The Valentine's report offers a comprehensive insight into the retail occasions spend in the UK, analysing the market, the major players, the main trends, and consumer attitudes.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Key Findings
- Consumer Attitudes
- Food and Drink
- Card and Gift-wrap
Reasons To Buy
- Utilise the detailed data and insight on the market to help form an effective growth strategy for upcoming occasions
- Understand who are the target demographic and their key issues and demands
- Identify the opportunities to grow business during these occasions.
- Understand the journey of consumers throughout the process of purchases.
Table of Contents
Food and drink
Cards and gift wrap
Following are different modes of Licenses.
a. Single User License:
This license allows only one person to use the report. This person can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people. Unless you purchase a Site License or a Global Site License, a Single User License must be purchased for every single person that wishes to use the report within the same enterprise.
b. Single Site License:
This license allows unlimited users to use the report within one company location, e.g. a regional office. These users can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people.
c. Global Site License:
A Global Site License (or Enterprise wide Site License or Global License) is a license granted to original purchaser, who can share a report with other employees and authorized Users of the same organization.
1. How do you deliver the reports?
The delivery of reports is depends on format & mode of license of report(s). Following are different kinds of formats of report(s) and their delivery options :
a. Electronic Format – Through email from Publisher
Report will be sent to your username email address in PDF, Excel, PowerPoint or any other electronic / softcopy format by publisher.
Delivery Time: 12 to 48 hours [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
b. Hard Copy or Printed Format or CD-Rom – Through Mail or Courier from Publisher
Report will be sent through mail / courier delivery to your shipping address by publisher.
Delivery Time: Less than, few weeks [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
2. How can I make payment for publications I purchase?
You could be able to make the payment, in following ways:
a. Online Secure Payment through Credit Card Payment : We accept Visa, Master, AMEX Cards & CCAvenue
b. Transfer of fund to our bank account via Bank transfer or Wire transfer
c. Payment via DD or Cheque
3. Is it safe to use my credit card on MarketinfoResearch?
Your personal information and online tranaction on Marketinfo Research is secure, private, and tamper-proof. All credit card payments are processed through secure and trusted payment gateways.