Your Cart Is Empty!
- At the end of 2015, of the approximately 17.9 million adults living in Australia, 26.1% (or 4.7 million) could be considered affluent.
- While expanding at a slightly slower pace than in previous years, wealth market growth in Australia still dwarfed other developed markets in 2015, and wealth held by affluent retail investors is forecast to record a CAGR of 8.8% between 2015 and 2019.
- While Australias stock market struggled in 2015, generous dividend payouts and a friendly tax system have seen retail equity holdings growth outperform the local stock market index.
- Australian HNW individuals are heavily exposed to property in their non-traditional investments, and despite a slight rise in interest rates for investors appetite for real estate is forecast to remain strong.
Verdict Financials "Wealth in Australia: Sizing the Market Opportunity" analyzes Australias wealth and retail savings and investments markets, with a focus on the HNW segment. The report is based on our proprietary datasets.
Specifically the report:
- Sizes the affluent market (both by the number of individuals and value of their liquid assets) using our proprietary datasets.
- Analyzes which asset classes are favored by Australias investors and how their preferences impact the growth of the total savings and investments market.
- Examines HNW clients attitudes towards non-liquid investments, such as property and commodities.
- Identifies key drivers and booking centers for offshore investments.
Reasons To Buy
- Benchmark your share of Australias wealth market against the current market size.
- Forecast your future growth prospects using our projections for the market to 2019.
- Identify your most promising client segment by analyzing the penetration of affluent individuals in Australia.
- Evaluate your HNW proposition by understanding how the local tax system affects your HNW clients.
- Review your offshore strategy by learning HNW motivations for offshore investments and their preferred booking centers.
Table of Contents
Australias wealth market continues to represent a sizable opportunity for wealth managers
Critical success factors
SIZING AND FORECASTING THE AUSTRALIAN WEALTH MARKET
By 2019 affluent individuals will constitute 35% of Australias adult population
Australias affluent population is forecast to record an AAGR of 9.3% between 2015 and 2019
HNW individuals account for 1.1% of adults but hold 38.2% of liquid assets
Affluent individuals hold 90% of Australian retail liquid assets
Australias onshore wealth is concentrated in the populous states of the eastern seaboard, while growth is to be found in the west and north
DRIVERS OF GROWTH IN THE AUSTRALIAN WEALTH MARKET
While still impressive, retail savings and investment market growth dropped in 2015
Australias investment market is forecast to perform strongly despite weak economic conditions
Australians love affair with equities is not expected to come to an end any time soon
Growing at above market rate, retail deposit holdings will remain the largest asset class
Deposit growth will continue to outstrip GDP growth
Economic concerns suppressed retail investment holdings growth in 2014, but this is expected to change
Equities and mutual funds are most allied to the performance of the Australian stock market
Mutual funds are less sensitive to stock market movements than equities
There is a negative correlation between the ASX SandP All Ords and retail bond holdings
Retail bond holdings growth will be sluggish despite efforts to spur the asset class
HNW INVESTMENT PREFERENCES
An opportunity for Australian wealth managers, HNW individuals high allocation into superannuation should not be ignored
HNW investors in Australia hold 14% of their wealth offshore
Australian HNW investors prefer to invest their wealth at home
An expectation of better returns is the primary driver for HNW offshore investment
Tax efficiencies are also an important driver for offshore investments
HNW offshore wealth is held not in one single location but spread around the globe
Australia has signed numerous TIEAs in an effort to combat offshore tax evasion
Abbreviations and acronyms
Global Wealth Model methodology
Global Retail Investments Analytics methodology
Verdict Financials 2015 Global Wealth Managers Survey
About Verdict Financial
List of Tables
Table 1: Australian income tax rates for residents 2015-16, applicable as of July 1, 2015
Table 2: Stamp duty levied in New South Wales, Australia
Table 3: Australia: adult population segmented by affluent category and asset band (000s), 2010−14
Table 4: Australia: adult population segmented by affluent category and asset band (000s), 2015e−19f
Table 5: Australia: total liquid wealth segmented by affluent category and asset band (A$bn), 2010-14
Table 6: Australia: total liquid wealth segmented by affluent category and asset band (A$bn), 2015e-19f
List of Figures
Figure 1: 26% of the Australian population can be considered affluent
Figure 2: HNW individuals hold 38.2% of liquid assets in Australia
Figure 3: Eastern Australia accounts for the majority of affluent liquid assets
Figure 4: Australias retail investments market is forecast to record a CAGR of 8.7% between 2015 and 2019
Figure 5: Deposits account for 55.7% of the Australian retail investment market
Figure 6: Retail deposit holdings will perform strongest over the forecast period
Figure 7: Deposit holdings growth is forecast to exceed GDP growth
Figure 8: The performance of the local stock market was weak in recent years
Figure 9: Retail mutual fund and equity investments correlate strongly to the performance of the Australian stock market
Figure 10: Mutual funds are heavily invested in property and equity and little else
Figure 11: Retail bond holdings tend to move in the opposite direction of Australias All Ords Index
Figure 12: HNW investors allocate 17% of their wealth into non-traditional investments
Figure 13: HNW individuals in Australia hold 14% of their assets offshore
Figure 14: Access to better investment options is the biggest motivation for offshore investment
Figure 15: Australian HNW investors prefer to invest in the US, the UK, and Singapore
Figure 16: The Australian government has signed 37 TIEAs over the past few years
Following are different modes of Licenses.
a. Single User License:
This license allows only one person to use the report. This person can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people. Unless you purchase a Site License or a Global Site License, a Single User License must be purchased for every single person that wishes to use the report within the same enterprise.
b. Single Site License:
This license allows unlimited users to use the report within one company location, e.g. a regional office. These users can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people.
c. Global Site License:
A Global Site License (or Enterprise wide Site License or Global License) is a license granted to original purchaser, who can share a report with other employees and authorized Users of the same organization.
1. How do you deliver the reports?
The delivery of reports is depends on format & mode of license of report(s). Following are different kinds of formats of report(s) and their delivery options :
a. Electronic Format – Through email from Publisher
Report will be sent to your username email address in PDF, Excel, PowerPoint or any other electronic / softcopy format by publisher.
Delivery Time: 12 to 48 hours [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
b. Hard Copy or Printed Format or CD-Rom – Through Mail or Courier from Publisher
Report will be sent through mail / courier delivery to your shipping address by publisher.
Delivery Time: Less than, few weeks [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
2. How can I make payment for publications I purchase?
You could be able to make the payment, in following ways:
a. Online Secure Payment through Credit Card Payment : We accept Visa, Master, AMEX Cards & CCAvenue
b. Transfer of fund to our bank account via Bank transfer or Wire transfer
c. Payment via DD or Cheque
3. Is it safe to use my credit card on MarketinfoResearch?
Your personal information and online tranaction on Marketinfo Research is secure, private, and tamper-proof. All credit card payments are processed through secure and trusted payment gateways.