Your Cart Is Empty!
- The majority of HNW individuals in Canada have accumulated their wealth through first-generation entrepreneurship and family businesses.
- Expats, particularly those from China and the US, represent large segments in the HNW market.
- Canadian HNW investors heavily favor equities, followed by the fixed income security of bonds.
- HNW individuals show a strong and enduring preference for discretionary asset management, in line with regional peers such as the US.
- Canadian HNW investors are preoccupied with tax issues. Demand for tax advice exceeds all other forms of financial planning and is also driving investors to book their money offshore.
Verdict Financials "Wealth in Canada: HNW Investors" report analyzes the Canadian wealth management market, with a focus on the HNW segments demographics, investment preferences and services demand. The report is based on our proprietary survey of wealth managers.
Specifically the report:
- Profiles the average Canadian HNW investor in terms of their demographics and analyzes the expat opportunity in Canada.
- Analyzes which wealth management mandates are preferred among Canadian HNW investors and how demand will develop looking forward.
- Examines the allocation of Canadian HNW investors portfolios into different asset classes and how the allocation is expected to develop in the future.
- Analyzes product and service demand among Canadian HNW investors.
Reasons To Buy
- Develop and enhance your client targeting strategies using our data on HNW profiles and sources of wealth.
- Give your marketing strategies the edge required and capture new clients using insights from our data on HNW investors drivers for seeking investment advice vs self-directing.
- Tailor your investment product portfolio to match current and future demand for different asset classes among HNW individuals.
- Develop your service proposition to match product and service demand expressed by Canadian HNW investors and react proactively to the forecasted change in demand.
Table of Contents
Canadian HNW individuals are concentrated among business owners
Critical success factors
PROFILING THE CANADIAN HNW INVESTOR
Family business is the dominant source of Canadian HNW wealth
However, entrepreneurs are also a lucrative target market
Many HNW investors have built their fortunes through property
Expats are a large and important target group in Canada
Expats constitute 26.3% of the resident HNW population
Friendly visa conditions encouraged migration of the rich, although this route was closed in 2014
Chinese and US individuals represent the bulk of the HNW expat population
Fear of having insufficient control and steep forex fees motivate HNW expats to invest in Canada
CANADIAN HNW INVESTMENT STYLE PREFERENCES
Canadian HNW investors value professional advice and control over their investments
The majority of HNW wealth is kept in discretionary mandates
Canadian HNW individuals are increasingly looking at other asset management styles in a quest for control
Demand for all mandates is on the rise but discretionary will continue to win out
HNW investors desire for control is prompting some to self-invest a minority of their assets
UNDERSTANDING ASSET ALLOCATION TRENDS AMONG CANADIAN HNW INDIVIDUALS
Canadians love affair with equities is set to continue
Equities dominate the HNW portfolio and are forecast to experience the greatest increase in demand
Equities dominate HNW investors managed wealth
Bond holdings remain above the global average
Cash and near-cash investments are well below average in Canada
Property is a small element of Canadian HNW investment portfolios
Commodity investments are of little interest to Canadian HNW clients
Canadian HNW investors are more open to alternatives than average
CANADIAN HNW PRODUCT AND SERVICE DEMAND
Planning services are in high demand in Canada
Canadian HNW individuals show strong demand for tax advice
An aging client base will make pension and inheritance planning much more sought after
Tax advice is in high demand in Canada
Multiple governments, each able to levy taxes, make Canadians keen on advice
Wealth managers lacking the in-house resources to provide tax advice need to address this immediately
Abbreviations and acronyms
Verdict Financials 2015 Global Wealth Managers Survey
About Verdict Financial
List of Figures
Figure 1: Business owners are the key demographic in Canadas HNW market
Figure 2: Business owners are given a holistic package of services at RBC Wealth Management
Figure 3: A booming property market has minted many HNW fortunes
Figure 4: Canadas open immigration system has generated a large HNW expat community
Figure 5: China has come to dominate the expat pool in Canada
Figure 6: HNW expats residing in Canada want to stay in control of their investments
Figure 7: Canadian wealth managers with private wealth management operations in Asia Pacific
Figure 8: Portfolio complexity and its attendant administrative burden drive Canadian HNW investors to opt for professionals
Figure 9: The majority of HNW wealth is kept in discretionary mandates
Figure 10: Canadas clear preference is for discretionary mandates followed by advisory
Figure 11: Discretionary mandates will go from strength to strength over the next two years
Figure 12: Canadian HNW investors desire for control drives them to self-direct
Figure 13: HNW investors are heavily exposed to equities
Figure 14: Equity has been the top draw for HNW wealth in Canada
Figure 15: Rebounding stocks will drive interest in equities to new highs
Figure 16: Bonds have always figured prominently in the HNW portfolio
Figure 17: Fixed income will continue to form a major part of the total HNW portfolio
Figure 18: Rock bottom rates in North America have kept cash holdings low
Figure 19: HNW demand for cash products will rise modestly
Figure 20: Property does not figure prominently in the Canadian investment portfolio
Figure 21: Asset diversification opportunities are fueling HNW demand for property
Figure 22: Commodities are of little interest to Canadian HNW investors
Figure 23: Commodity investments are forecast to rise as HNW investors take advantage of buying opportunities
Figure 24: HNW investors prefer funds when it comes to alternative investments
Figure 25: Asset diversification benefits are driving HNW demand for alternatives
Figure 26: Financial planning is most in demand among Canadian HNW investors
Figure 27: BMO targets family business owners concerned about succession
Figure 28: Already strong HNW demand for planning services is forecast to increase
Figure 29: Tax advice turns clients heads in Canada
Figure 30: Already high demand for tax planning advice is forecast to soar
TD Canada Trust
Bank of Montreal
Following are different modes of Licenses.
a. Single User License:
This license allows only one person to use the report. This person can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people. Unless you purchase a Site License or a Global Site License, a Single User License must be purchased for every single person that wishes to use the report within the same enterprise.
b. Single Site License:
This license allows unlimited users to use the report within one company location, e.g. a regional office. These users can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people.
c. Global Site License:
A Global Site License (or Enterprise wide Site License or Global License) is a license granted to original purchaser, who can share a report with other employees and authorized Users of the same organization.
1. How do you deliver the reports?
The delivery of reports is depends on format & mode of license of report(s). Following are different kinds of formats of report(s) and their delivery options :
a. Electronic Format – Through email from Publisher
Report will be sent to your username email address in PDF, Excel, PowerPoint or any other electronic / softcopy format by publisher.
Delivery Time: 12 to 48 hours [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
b. Hard Copy or Printed Format or CD-Rom – Through Mail or Courier from Publisher
Report will be sent through mail / courier delivery to your shipping address by publisher.
Delivery Time: Less than, few weeks [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
2. How can I make payment for publications I purchase?
You could be able to make the payment, in following ways:
a. Online Secure Payment through Credit Card Payment : We accept Visa, Master, AMEX Cards & CCAvenue
b. Transfer of fund to our bank account via Bank transfer or Wire transfer
c. Payment via DD or Cheque
3. Is it safe to use my credit card on MarketinfoResearch?
Your personal information and online tranaction on Marketinfo Research is secure, private, and tamper-proof. All credit card payments are processed through secure and trusted payment gateways.