Your Cart Is Empty!
- Affluent individuals account for 20% of the German population, holding 77% of liquid assets. This wealth distribution is similar to other developed economies.
- Increasing disposable income, a relatively strong economic outlook, and a healthy stock market performance will drive growth in the savings and investments market, which is forecast to grow by 4.3% a year to 2019.
- Deposits dominate, accounting for 67% of balances. This reflects a habitual, persistent risk aversion that is forecast to remain, in spite of the European Central Bank (ECB) lowering the main interest rate to 0%.
- Germanys stock market performance, alongside the poor returns available in other asset classes, is increasing investor appetite in equities and mutual funds, which will grow by 7.9% and 5.5% respectively a year to 2019. In contrast, negative yields are deterring investors from the bond market, which is forecast to decline by 4.8% a year to 2019.
- Germanys high net worth (HNW) individuals invest 28% of their investible assets outside traditional investments. Property accounts for two thirds of illiquid assets, where returns are greater than in some other liquid asset classes.
- Offshore investments account for 9% of HNW individuals illiquid assets, distinctly below the global average. These investments are driven by the desire for better returns rather than tax efficiency.
Wealth in Germany: Sizing the Market Opportunity analyzes the German wealth and retail savings and investments markets, with a focus on the HNW segment. The report is based on our proprietary datasets.
Specifically the report:
- Sizes the affluent market (both by the number of individuals and value of their liquid assets) using Verdict Financials proprietary datasets.
- Analyzes which asset classes are favored by German investors and how their preferences impact the growth of the total savings and investments market.
- Examines HNW clients attitudes towards non-liquid investments, such as property and commodities.
- Identifies key drivers and booking centers for offshore investments.
Reasons To Buy
- Benchmark your share of the German wealth market against the current market size.
- Forecast your future growth prospects using our projections for the market to 2019.
- Identify your most promising client segment by analyzing the penetration of affluent individuals in Germany, both at country and regional level.
- Evaluate your HNW proposition by understanding how the changing German tax systems will impact HNW clients.
- Review your offshore strategy by uncovering the HNW motivations for offshore investments and their preferred booking centers.
Table of Contents
The German economy is showing signs of growth, supporting wealth creation
Critical success factors
SIZING AND FORECASTING THE GERMAN WEALTH MARKET
The wealth market remains concentrated at the top end
Affluent individuals account for 20% of the total adult population
German affluent individuals hold 77% of liquid assets
DRIVERS OF GROWTH IN THE GERMAN WEALTH MARKET
Growth in Germanys mature savings and investments market will be driven by the economy and an increasing appetite for stock market exposure
The relatively strong German economy will drive growth in the savings and investments market
Increasing appetite for stock market exposure is slightly reducing a strong bias towards deposits
Deposits will grow steadily over the forecast period
The ECB lowering the main interest rate to 0% has reduced the appeal of deposits
Negative yields are deterring investors from the bond market
Germanys stock market performance is increasing investor appetite in equities and mutual funds
HNW INVESTMENT PREFERENCES
HNW individuals allocate 28% of their investible assets outside traditional investments
Property investment accounts for two thirds of illiquid assets
Offshore investments form a relatively small proportion of assets and are driven by the desire for better returns rather than tax efficiency
Only a small proportion of HNW individuals wealth is invested offshore
The availability of better investment returns is the biggest driver of offshore investment
The UK and Switzerland are the preferred offshore booking centers
The German government has taken numerous steps to tackle offshore tax evasion
Several key taxes are currently subject to increases or changes
Abbreviations and acronyms
Verdict Financials 2015 Global Wealth Managers Survey
Global Wealth Model methodology
Global Retail Investments Analytics methodology
List of Tables
Table 1: German personal income tax rates for a single person, 2016
Table 2: Total German adult population by asset band (000s), 2011-15
Table 3: Total German adult population by asset band (000s), 2016f-19f
Table 4: Germany: onshore liquid assets by asset band ($bn), 2011-15
Table 5: Germany: onshore liquid assets by asset band ($bn), 2016f-19f
Table 6: Euro to US dollar exchange rate, December 31, 2014 and December 31, 2015
List of Figures
Figure 1: Affluent individuals account for 20% of the total adult population in Germany
Figure 2: Affluent individuals account for 77.3% of total liquid assets in Germany
Figure 3: The savings and investments market is expected to stabilize up to 2019
Figure 4: The total retail savings and investments market is expected to remain strongly skewed towards deposits
Figure 5: Deposits dominate the retail savings and investments market, but equities and mutual funds will see the fastest growth into 2019
Figure 6: Retail deposits will outperform GDP growth out to 2019
Figure 7: Bonds are forecast to perform below GDP growth
Figure 8: Germanys stock market has performed well since 2011
Figure 9: Mutual funds and equities remain volatile despite positive growth rates
Figure 10: Direct property constitutes the bulk of investments outside traditional asset classes for German HNW investors
Figure 11: German investors hold limited offshore investments
Figure 12: Better investment returns constitute the main driver of offshore investments for German HNW individuals
Figure 13: The majority of German offshore booking is performed within Europe
Figure 14: The German government has signed TIEAs with many offshore centers globally
Following are different modes of Licenses.
a. Single User License:
This license allows only one person to use the report. This person can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people. Unless you purchase a Site License or a Global Site License, a Single User License must be purchased for every single person that wishes to use the report within the same enterprise.
b. Single Site License:
This license allows unlimited users to use the report within one company location, e.g. a regional office. These users can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people.
c. Global Site License:
A Global Site License (or Enterprise wide Site License or Global License) is a license granted to original purchaser, who can share a report with other employees and authorized Users of the same organization.
1. How do you deliver the reports?
The delivery of reports is depends on format & mode of license of report(s). Following are different kinds of formats of report(s) and their delivery options :
a. Electronic Format – Through email from Publisher
Report will be sent to your username email address in PDF, Excel, PowerPoint or any other electronic / softcopy format by publisher.
Delivery Time: 12 to 48 hours [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
b. Hard Copy or Printed Format or CD-Rom – Through Mail or Courier from Publisher
Report will be sent through mail / courier delivery to your shipping address by publisher.
Delivery Time: Less than, few weeks [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
2. How can I make payment for publications I purchase?
You could be able to make the payment, in following ways:
a. Online Secure Payment through Credit Card Payment : We accept Visa, Master, AMEX Cards & CCAvenue
b. Transfer of fund to our bank account via Bank transfer or Wire transfer
c. Payment via DD or Cheque
3. Is it safe to use my credit card on MarketinfoResearch?
Your personal information and online tranaction on Marketinfo Research is secure, private, and tamper-proof. All credit card payments are processed through secure and trusted payment gateways.